+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FRESNO

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: FRESNO

I, actually, meant to say we shouldn't lose by 20 at HOME, but the more I think about it, my original post still stands.

Varsity Bulldog gonzajo71 is an unknown

The fact of the matter is that the team, unfortunately, just isn't that good this year. Coach Long is not cut out to be a head coach. He can't motivate the team to dig deep, and come back from any deficit. The ladies kept playing hard in my opinion, but Long doesn't have the skill level to motivate or plays to get this team to at least cut the deficit, but the truth of the matter is, is that overall, the team just isn't good. It breaks my heart, and even as I am writing this, tears are welling. Another thing that was painful to watch last night was to see Barmore high in the stands, with his head in his hands. What he must feel watching the program that he built disintegrate right before his eyes. I'll be there the last 3 home games cheering, screaming, cursing, slamming the seat next to me, stomping my foot, though !!!!!!!!

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by gonzajo71 View Post
    The fact of the matter is that the team, unfortunately, just isn't that good this year. Coach Long is not cut out to be a head coach. He can't motivate the team to dig deep, and come back from any deficit. The ladies kept playing hard in my opinion, but Long doesn't have the skill level to motivate or plays to get this team to at least cut the deficit, but the truth of the matter is, is that overall, the team just isn't good. It breaks my heart, and even as I am writing this, tears are welling. Another thing that was painful to watch last night was to see Barmore high in the stands, with his head in his hands. What he must feel watching the program that he built disintegrate right before his eyes. I'll be there the last 3 home games cheering, screaming, cursing, slamming the seat next to me, stomping my foot, though !!!!!!!!
    You're correct. No one really WANTS to say it, but it's true. It's not a very good team. Yet, these are ALL Long's players, and the recruits of our coaching staff.

I think next season we may see a bit of improvement, but honestly, it's not a top caliber team, and I don't see it ever returning to that status under Long's leadership. Yes, I know potential recruits may read this, but they already know it to be true.

Varsity Bulldog gonzajo71 is an unknown

Along with finding a new AD, we need to be searching for a new women's basketball head coach. And let's actually do a national search this time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Puppy truefan07 is an unknown truefan07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Right on DD!

People can compliment Fresno all they want. And yes, compared to the Techsters, they did look great. But Fresno is not a great team. They are a mediocre to good team, and they wiped the floor with the Techsters at the WAC.

The fundamentals are missing. That is a coaching issue.

And yes, I did expect to see more this year. Yes, we "lost all five starters" but according to many of the same people who use that argument, those "five starters" were the reason we were losing last year. Guess that argument doesn't hold up any longer.

Losing record at the TAC. Losing record in the WAC. How many more lows can be reached? Give Long time, he'll answer that question.

fanfromafar, U so agree with you on this one!!!!! In fact those 5 starters are the reason why things didn't get any worse than it did get last year. That goes to show the truth when it's right in front of us! That argument shouldn't have never been standing!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    You're correct. No one really WANTS to say it, but it's true. It's not a very good team. Yet, these are ALL Long's players, and the recruits of our coaching staff.

I think next season we may see a bit of improvement, but honestly, it's not a top caliber team, and I don't see it ever returning to that status under Long's leadership. Yes, I know potential recruits may read this, but they already know it to be true.
    Do you honestly believe that we'll see improvement next year if Long is still HC? Also, I'm not so sure I'm worried about the recruits seeing this as I'm not so sure, based on the talent Long has now, that these are recruits we really need anyway. Afterall, is it really going to hurt us if we don't sign 4 more guards in this next class?

+ Reply to Thread