+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DVD software?

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

DVD software?

Does anybody here know how to copy a DVD movie? For personal use and not for distribution, of course. We get the kids a DVD every now and then and within a month the DVD is scratched beyond repair.

Varsity Bulldog ULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your time ULM_Fan's Avatar

Re: DVD software?

dvdShrink is very easy to use and its free. Its the best thing out there for making backups.

homepage
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/
    download here
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...dvd_shrink.cfm

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Does anybody here know how to copy an Xbox 360 game? For personal use and not for distribution, of course. We get the kids an Xbox 360 game every now and then and within a month the disk is scratched beyond repair.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Seriously, there are several good programs available to copy the DVD. I've never used the dvdshrink but I would start with the free versions. They normally work just fine.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

The several I looked at all said they could be used to duplicate UNPROTECTED DVDs. I don't need answers for those. It's those pesky protected DVDs that I need help with. Hey, this can't be any different from copying your 8 tracks, 45s, 33s, cassettes, CDs, VHS, Betamax, etc. I bought the DVD and I want to archive it for when my kids hose it.

I got DVDShrink last night. Right out of the box I tried to archive a new Disney DVD that we got. No luck. I have to figure out what hoops to jump through to get the job done. Those Disney bastards are quite clever.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

download DVD43. It's a marvelous little program that does exactly what you're asking.

Then run Shrink to copy it.

Varsity Bulldog ULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your time ULM_Fan's Avatar

dvdShrink should rip out the copy protection on any dvd on the market as far as I know. Its the most widely used program for this sort of thing. Not sure why its giving you trouble.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

I've tried DVD Shrink and will successfully copy. However, my DVD player will not read the copy, but my computer's dvd player will.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    download DVD43. It's a marvelous little program that does exactly what you're asking.

Then run Shrink to copy it.
    Follow this advice.

I have a kid that does the same thing. She destroys Veggie Tales DVDs. Every now and then she screams "BOB!" and throws a DVD at the TV.

If you already have DVD Shrink, that will work fine. Now go to: http://www.dvd43.com/ and install that program. A little Smiley face will show up in your tray and any DVD programs you have will automagically bypass any copy protection. (You don't have to do anything different in DVD Shrink.)

I use Handbrake with DVD43 to put DVDs on an iPhone. Then I pop up Veggie Tales on it for my daughter to watch in waiting rooms and the car. It's a really simple process and in many ways is better than a portable DVD player.

+ Reply to Thread