+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Budke beats Mulkey

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Budke beats Mulkey

Turns out Super Tuesday really is about upsets. I know I'll get red-dotted for it, but I couldn't resist.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Budke beats Mulkey

Now that is pretty interesting. Too bad the Techster vs. Fresno game wasn't today.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Budke beat Mulkey? Did they play one on one? That must have been a sight.

But, yeah, glad to hear that Budke's OSU beat pigtails' Baylor.

Of course, we all know that Budke sucks and DR sucks for letting pigtails get away. Hmmmm, maybe DR sucks for letting Budke get away .

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Budke beat Mulkey? Did they play one on one? That must have been a sight.

But, yeah, glad to hear that Budke's OSU beat pigtails' Baylor.

Of course, we all know that Budke sucks and DR sucks for letting pigtails get away. Hmmmm, maybe DR sucks for letting Budke get away .
    The difference is Budke wanted to get away and Mulkey didn't .

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 10cDawg View Post
    The difference is Budke wanted to get away and Mulkey didn't .
    Do you think it's possible Budke wanted to get away because he saw that our AD and Pres. were all talk and no action and that they wouldn't do what needed to be done to move our programs forward?

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Do you think it's possible Budke wanted to get away because he saw that our AD and Pres. were all talk and no action and that they wouldn't do what needed to be done to move our programs forward?
    Maybe. I guess unless you ask him we will never know, but I think it always seemed as though he wanted to use us as a stepping stone.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Maybe. I guess unless you ask him we will never know, but I think it always seemed as though he wanted to use us as a stepping stone.
    "always seemed" he wanted to use us as a stepping stone. "always" "seemed"

hmmm.....speculating much? i think it is MORE probable that he saw the inner workings of the administration and realized he should get out. then again, you could be right. but i find it a bit odd that you think it "always seemed" he was using us as a stepping stone.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    "always seemed" he wanted to use us as a stepping stone. "always" "seemed"

hmmm.....speculating much? i think it is MORE probable that he saw the inner workings of the administration and realized he should get out. then again, you could be right. but i find it a bit odd that you think it "always seemed" he was using us as a stepping stone.
    What's odd about it? It's just my opinion. I couldn't care less if Budke wins a National Championship at OSU. I don't think he was right for Tech because he didn't want to be here. I couldn't care less if Mulkey wins a National Championship at Baylor. Why because she isn't at Tech anymore and there is no reason to think about the woulda coulda shoulda.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Big Grin Re: Budke beats Mulkey

Yeah, but "woulda coulda shoulda" is kinda fun ( especially given what we're stuck with now!! )

What's odd about it? It's just my opinion. I couldn't care less if Budke wins a National Championship at OSU. I don't think he was right for Tech because he didn't want to be here. I couldn't care less if Mulkey wins a National Championship at Baylor. Why because she isn't at Tech anymore and there is no reason to think about the woulda coulda shoulda.
    No, you missed my point. It's not ODD that you have an opinion, I found it ODD that you said "always seemed" to be using us as a stepping stone. I asked you to explain, which you didn't.

My point is this: People use phrases like "always seemed" he was using us as a stepping stone but don't explain that. Do you really believe that, and if so, why not just give concrete examples? If you don't believe it, and are just quoting/paraphrasing others (Champ, etc.) then just say that as well.

The Budke bashers are running out of gas. Sorry, but he continues to prove that perhaps it was Tech that was the problem.

Finally, it's not that I CARE whether or not Budke or Mulkey win NC's. The point is they were BOTH here and BOTH left and BOTH went on to do GREAT things with TERRIBLE programs while our current coach has taken a GREAT program and done TERRIBLE things with it.

Checkmate. .......MG, that final comment was just for you.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

FFA - And I loved the way that U phrased it, my friend!! Just gotta figure out a way to make the CL fan club members open their eyes now!! Got any ideas other than mine ( which would be to "taze" them into reality!!?? ).

I also don't "care" about Budke's success but rather appreciate that he was able to turn around a sorry program as did Kim ( as U so eloquately stated ). There was a post earlier this year that was directed @ me about not "caring" about the success former Techster coaches were having at their respective universities. Again, I think care is the wrong word but I DO like to see LB disciples do well. In fact, I'd like to see CL succeed BUT at another university because he can't handle it here!!

MG

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    No, you missed my point. It's not ODD that you have an opinion, I found it ODD that you said "always seemed" to be using us as a stepping stone. I asked you to explain, which you didn't.

My point is this: People use phrases like "always seemed" he was using us as a stepping stone but don't explain that. Do you really believe that, and if so, why not just give concrete examples? If you don't believe it, and are just quoting/paraphrasing others (Champ, etc.) then just say that as well.

The Budke bashers are running out of gas. Sorry, but he continues to prove that perhaps it was Tech that was the problem.

Finally, it's not that I CARE whether or not Budke or Mulkey win NC's. The point is they were BOTH here and BOTH left and BOTH went on to do GREAT things with TERRIBLE programs while our current coach has taken a GREAT program and done TERRIBLE things with it.

Checkmate. .......MG, that final comment was just for you.
    Ok I am definitely not just quoting from someone else. When I was around Budke he was going through the motions of practice. Obviously, Budke is not a bad coach. The reason I don't like him is the way he left. If you watched the Temple game it was apparent that he didn't want to be at Tech anymore. In my profession, I am around coaches constantly so I can tell when someone doesn't want to be somewhere anymore. Whether he left because he felt the administration blew or what I don't know. None of us do unless he told you personally. So I guess we are all speculating, but to me he acted like he wanted to be somewhere bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Yeah, but "woulda coulda shoulda" is kinda fun ( especially given what we're stuck with now!! )
    I guess it could be fun but I would rather focus on the future instead of the past. If we can't get out of the past we will never have a future. I honestly thought that we would have a better team this year, and I have been disappointed.

Thumbs Up Re: Budke beats Mulkey

Now HERE'S brutal honesty for ya ( & something that we'll probably never hear from CL ).

"I'm one of these coaches that when somebody whoops my butt, it might have something to do with the opponent," Mulkey said.

Gotta love it!!

10cDawg - I do agree w/ya that Budke just never seemed to want to be here. I also think he "threw" the Temple game so that he could make his flight to OSU but, as U stated, it's all speculation since only he & the Good Lord know for certain.

MG
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 02-06-2008 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Add comment

Puppy truefan07 is an unknown truefan07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Now HERE'S brutal honesty for ya ( & something that we'll probably never hear from CL ).

"I'm one of these coaches that when somebody whoops my butt, it might have something to do with the opponent," Mulkey said.

Gotta love it!!

10cDawg - I do agree w/ya that Budke just never seemed to want to be here. I also think he "threw" the Temple game so that he could make his flight to OSU but, as U stated, it's all speculation since only he & the Good Lord know for certain.

MG
    I totally agree with u he did throw that Temple game why in the hell would a coach sit out a 6 7 player for the whole 2nd half that has helped stop the best players that Temple has score! Why in the hell would a coach continue to run his players in to a half court trap by running the same a$@ tired out play that all of the country knows!? Several players and several staff members know that he blew the game because he knew if he won the game he wouldn't have made it to OSU! it was so bad even the commentators talk bad about him 'he just got out coached by a woman' Temple's head coach even said he did her a favorite!!!

+ Reply to Thread