+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Budke beats Mulkey

Varsity Bulldog cranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the ears

Re: Budke beats Mulkey

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Sorry, Beaux, but no, it is NOT obvious that he threw the game. It is obvious to YOU and some others, but not everyone.

You say Budke was a "questionable gentleman at best." Wow, now you attack his character? Why do you say he is "questionable"....that can imply a lot.

You go on to say Long is a great guy who just plain can't coach. I don't know about the great guy part of that statement since I don't know him, but I'm right there with you on the last part of that sentence. He can't coach, and it is beginning to appear that he cannot recruit well either.

Oh, but these recruits were supposedly (according to some on this board) the BEST in Louisiana and Mississippi..........WHAT?? I'd love to see where the "not so good" players wound up!! We sure could use somebody to help!!!!!!!!
    They haven't shown me that they can shoot yet....... and turnovers seem to be a big problem........regardless of what CL has or has not done. I am not impressed. Where are all the "pure shooters?"

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Sorry, Beaux, but no, it is NOT obvious that he threw the game. It is obvious to YOU and some others, but not everyone.

You say Budke was a "questionable gentleman at best." Wow, now you attack his character? Why do you say he is "questionable"....that can imply a lot.

You go on to say Long is a great guy who just plain can't coach. I don't know about the great guy part of that statement since I don't know him, but I'm right there with you on the last part of that sentence. He can't coach, and it is beginning to appear that he cannot recruit well either.
    Well if he didnt throw the game than can you give any good reason why a 6'7 center with only one foul never saw one minute in the second half, when she single handedly shut down Temple's star player? hmmmmmmmm. Seems a little questionable to everybody watching it. I think he is heads above Long in the coaching dept. because he goes out and recruits huge centers and has x's and o's skills. That is why that move was even more head scratching.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

And it was obvious to everyone watching the game. Including the announcers calling the game. So no FFaF it was not just ME as you put it and some others, it was even people with no dog in the hunt.

Puppy truefan07 is an unknown truefan07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    And it was obvious to everyone watching the game. Including the announcers calling the game. So no FFaF it was not just ME as you put it and some others, it was even people with no dog in the hunt.

I agree beaux66 apparently some folks on here are blinded to the fact that the game was f'd over! My statements are not just an opinion they are facts, it's bad when the team and staff "not just the coaches"the whole staff knew what was going on with the game.

To answer some of the other fans question of how could he throw the game when it ended the way it did. It ended that way because the players never gave up! What person "Coach" do you know that is trying to throw a game will make it look to obvious hell he kept the 6'7 senior out the whole 2nd half with no excuse now that was more than enough reason! And for who ever said go back and watch the game well guess what I have watch the game over and over you go back and watch it!

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Beaux,
    You continue to not READ what I'm saying. You keep saying it was obvious to EVERYONE. That simply isn't a factual statement.

Sorry, my Techster comrade, but your sound a bit "conspiracy theorist" for my taking. Budke was a far better coach than Long. Budke did a good to reasonable job here as head coach. He was tremendously successful before Tech and after Tech.

That says to me, AND OTHERS BUT NOT EVERYONE, that Budke wasn't the problem. I don't have issues with you "thinking" Budke threw the game, it's when you state that it was obvious to EVERYONE that you cross into actually defeating your point by being so expansive with your definition.

You think he threw the game. I think he didn't. We both watched it.
    Some people believe Bush is a good president. Some don't. We're all Americans.
    That's life, state your opinion and stand by it, but don't say "everyone" when you don't speak for "everyone."

If THIS DOESN'T make my point with you then I surrender to the stupidity of this argument.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Ya'll play nice, now!!

How 'bout we simply phrase it that -

"Many people, including some the TV announcers, believe that KB let the game get away ( for whatever reason ) by pulling MD & running the same play over & over ( which gave Temple a chance to adjust )?"

Good Lord!! How in the He** did I become a peacemaker on this board??!!
    Oh!! It must be the emoticons!!! :icon_wink:

MG

And you keep misunderstanding what I am saying. I agree that Budke is a better coach than LOng. By a long shot. But Budke did throw that game and I am not one to ever suscribe to conspiracy theories. If he didn't purposely throw it than i am wrong Budke is a worse coach than Long. I can't even see Long coaching that bad. I was clearly done on purpose.

+ Reply to Thread