+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting/Head Coach

Varsity Bulldog gonzajo71 is an unknown

Re: Recruiting/Head Coach

I think Jo has been our most consistent performer this year, but hasn't had much help at all. One of our biggest problems has been rebounding. We need a new head coach, and a true big post ala Venus Lacy.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Jo Sneed is a power forward not a Center. Long is just trying to pass her off as one because OOPS he forgot to recruit some.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Jo Sneed is a power forward not a Center. Long is just trying to pass her off as one because OOPS he forgot to recruit some.
    She seems to be playing the post VERY nicely. Yes, I agree that she is a power forward, but she has worked hard and learned the post position.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    She seems to be playing the post VERY nicely. Yes, I agree that she is a power forward, but she has worked hard and learned the post position.
    Jo Sneed has been the ONLY player for most of this season to step up and show her game. I agree that she is not a true post player, but she has absolutely learned the position and if there had been any consistency in addition to her, it could have been a decent season. Kudos to Sneed. She deserves the accolades.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Jo Sneed has been the ONLY player for most of this season to step up and show her game. I agree that she is not a true post player, but she has absolutely learned the position and if there had been any consistency in addition to her, it could have been a decent season. Kudos to Sneed. She deserves the accolades.
    I agree. We need some of the other players to step up NOW. Dowdell has the talent, but needs to show her game. Johnson and Wysinger are coming along, but need to up their game. As for the true guards, we need consistency in shooting. I have seen spurts of shooting, but no consistency. That is why we have the double teams on our post game and the zone defenses being effective. I really thought we had some pure shooters in this bunch and can't figure out why they aren't doing it. Pringle hit 6 tres in one game and then disappeared again. Sidney is still nursing her injury, but should be shooting more from the outside. I won't pretend I understand what has happened, but I do know that when you have great shooters that aren't shooting well, it is a psychological game. It needs to be addressed, because I have no doubt that we have the talent on this team to win the WAC tournament. If we can't shoot from the outside, though, we won't come close to beating Boise and Fresno.

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

bump

Quote Originally Posted by exit84 View Post
    bump
    Why? Brings back bad memories to me. I hope that TSpoon can help with the psychological factor and motivate our guards. Spoon is a true believer (and demonstrated) how great defense leads to great offense.

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

All I was doing is showing how CL has recruited our Lady Techsters into mediocrity.
    Having great guard play is a must I know, but you must recruit height as well. Why CL can't do this is beyond me. I know he may want to sign a big girl but he can't. Bottom line.

All I was doing is showing how CL has recruited our Lady Techsters into mediocrity.
    Having great guard play is a must I know, but you must recruit height as well. Why CL can't do this is beyond me. I know he may want to sign a big girl but he can't. Bottom line.
    It is one of my biggest frustrations, as well. We even have decent guard height now, but no true post player. We can win a lot of games off of pure speed, but need a big post to dominate and take the pressure off the guards. I thought sure we would have one this year.

Champ
    I have pretty much quit posting about the Lady Techster because my posts comes out so negative.
    I will attend the games and cheer them on. But I don't have great expectation for this team.

Champ
    I have pretty much quit posting about the Lady Techster because my posts comes out so negative.
    I will attend the games and cheer them on. But I don't have great expectation for this team.
    I do understand. It is tough to have a 25 year traditional power not go to the dance for 2 years straight. It has been heartbreaking for me, as you know. It really is partly up to us fans now. The one thing that Tech offers in WBB recruiting is passionate fans. If we can live through the heartbreak times, we are sure to be in a better position than most. We just have higher expectations than most schools do in this sport.

Hopefully, Spoon can excite the fans again and get us going.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

I do understand. It is tough to have a 25 year traditional power not go to the dance for 2 years straight. It has been heartbreaking for me, as you know. It really is partly up to us fans now. The one thing that Tech offers in WBB recruiting is passionate fans. If we can live through the heartbreak times, we are sure to be in a better position than most. We just have higher expectations than most schools do in this sport.

Hopefully, Spoon can excite the fans again and get us going.
    It works both ways. Yes, the team thrives on the fan support. But the fans have to be given something to cheer for as well.

When one examines the stats (minus emotion and without the consideration of history), the Techster fan support is not one third of what it once was. The days are long gone of a dominant home court advantage. The only big crowds in the past season were for the top of the top teams, and even THOSE events were not even close to capacity.

Long has to do something to inspire the fans. The fans PAY to attend the games. He's taken the "thrill of the kill" and turned it into "hope for the best."

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

I do understand. It is tough to have a 25 year traditional power not go to the dance for 2 years straight. It has been heartbreaking for me, as you know. It really is partly up to us fans now.
    The ball is in Reneau's (and Dooley's) court. CL has to be released. The fans can't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    The ball is in Reneau's (and Dooley's) court. CL has to be released. The fans can't do this.
    Our support is all we have control over right now. It is up to us to support the team no matter what. We should have high expectations and continue to support. If we don't, we lose what recruiting edge we have. Spoon adds some excitement, so I hope the fans step up to the plate. Yes, I blame a lot over the years on Reneau, but as the fans dwindle, so do the hopes. It feeds off of each other and will be self defeating to give up.

Our support is all we have control over right now. It is up to us to support the team no matter what. We should have high expectations and continue to support. If we don't, we lose what recruiting edge we have. Spoon adds some excitement, so I hope the fans step up to the plate. Yes, I blame a lot over the years on Reneau, but as the fans dwindle, so do the hopes. It feeds off of each other and will be self defeating to give up.
    Yes, it is self-defeating to give up. It is ALSO a powerful statement by the fans when they DON'T show up. Ultimately, fans can voice their support of the team by NOT participating....in effect, "boycotting" the leadership of the team. This does not mean they are not fans, it means they choose to express their support in a different way.

Unfortunately, it does not appear the leadership of the university pays attention to the dwindling fan base at home games.

+ Reply to Thread