+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ketaraus Stanton

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Ketaraus Stanton

The RB we signed today, seems to be pretty solid at 5-11 and 215lbs. I noticed he avg 9.4 yards a carry,. I was wondering if yall think he'll get any time in the backfield this year because I haven't been able to keep up with recruiting this year. Seems like with him, PJ and Porter, we should be set once again in the backfield.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Ketaraus Stanton

Absolutely no PT for him this year. We are loaded at RB. He should redshirt.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    The RB we signed today, seems to be pretty solid at 5-11 and 215lbs. I noticed he avg 9.4 yards a carry,. I was wondering if yall think he'll get any time in the backfield this year because I haven't been able to keep up with recruiting this year. Seems like with him, PJ and Porter, we should be set once again in the backfield.
    Don't forget about William Griffin. That kid is a beast who hasn't been given a chance to get on the field much due to depth and preseason injuries.

But Stanton looks great as well and he has a good pedigree being brothers with Javorski Lane and JerMichael Finley.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Forgot about griffin

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

My bad
    Last edited by techfan01; 02-06-2008 at 08:47 PM.

Varsity Bulldog hachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her game hachiman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techfan01 View Post
    Why forget about him? When he got chances last year he produced. Who are you to count this kid out? If he can stay healthy which he has yet to do he can become a big asset to our team.
    He said forgot...as in he simply forgot about WG. Not as in forget about him he sucks.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Don't forget about William Griffin. That kid is a beast who hasn't been given a chance to get on the field much due to depth and preseason injuries.

But Stanton looks great as well and he has a good pedigree being brothers with Javorski Lane and JerMichael Finley.
    Also don't forget about Myke Compton. As far as I know he is still on the depth chart at RB, and he, too, was a 3-star like PJ & WG.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Nobody last season ran harder than Porter and he was smallest back we have.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I bet Stanton plays early and often. If you watch his video, you see that while he's not the quickest guy in the world, he's very tough to tackle. We've been waiting for a short-yardage back...I think Stanton is it.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I bet Stanton plays early and often. If you watch his video, you see that while he's not the quickest guy in the world, he's very tough to tackle. We've been waiting for a short-yardage back...I think Stanton is it.
    Johnny, I think that he would need to PROVE that he can HANG ON to the ROCK before getting significant playing time here.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

We've been loaded for the past 3 years and our output has never equalled our pre-season hype. Has Stanton had fumbling issues? I honestly don't know one way or the other.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    We've been loaded for the past 3 years and our output has never equalled our pre-season hype. Has Stanton had fumbling issues? I honestly don't know one way or the other.
    And neither do I. That's the bad thing about only watching a highlight video. I just want him to RS this year because next year we don't have PJ while Porter and Griffin will be Seniors. He can be THE guy for the next 3 years (barring the recruitment of another potential star)

Unless he can come in this year and make a significant contribution (6-10 carries and 30+ yards a game MINIMUM) then I would like to see him RS. Same as WG his freshman year. (flood gates open)

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Sorry DogsWin, but I completely disagree. I think one of our biggest areas that we can improve in is our RB spot. I think the incoming Frosh does have a chance to play. Other than Porter, I am very disappointed in our RB. Again, that is just me, but I think other than a solid QB, this is our biggest area of need.

Varsity Bulldog lsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nice lsuhater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    Sorry DogsWin, but I completely disagree. I think one of our biggest areas that we can improve in is our RB spot. I think the incoming Frosh does have a chance to play. Other than Porter, I am very disappointed in our RB. Again, that is just me, but I think other than a solid QB, this is our biggest area of need.
    And I must disagree with you my old friend. I feel that our backs are pretty dang good, but with NO passing game, other d's can concentrate on the run and make any rb look bad. I really feel that if we were able to find a good qb, our rbs are plenty good.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

That is why we have these discussions...Jackson is a nice back, but not in the Jason Davis, Derrick Douglas, Joe Smith or Ryan Moats mold (in my opinion). Now if he goes off for 1200-1500 yards next season, then I will stand corrected. But if he is in the 800-1100 yard range it will not impress me that much.

Porter is a great change of pace / Lee Ragsdale type back, but not an every down player.

As far as WG, I have no clue about his potential other than his High School production.

Compton hasn't played.

Stanton is just now signed.

One thing I will say is I bet our O-Line will be improved next season. That should help ALL the backs.

+ Reply to Thread