+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jena Six defendant arrested.........again

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Re: Jena Six defendant arrested.........again

DD - Well, w/o trying to stir things up anymore than they already R, I figure that U already have figured out that Rev.'s Al & Jessie + the NAACP have determined what is considered a racist symbol. It hinges on what color your skin is anyway. The Confederate flag means the South in Civil War times TO ME ( yes, I'm Caucasian ) yet it is seen by others as a symbol of slavery. I don't wish to debate the Civil War & what it was fought over, either.
    We all know what happened ( deservedly so, IMHO ) to Michael Richards when he went off in his act & used the 'N' word so I'd imagine that other comedians tread lightly.
    Heck, I'm an engineer w/Shell & work on a facility offshore & I've seen 2 companies have to change either their name or their company symbol because it was offensive to certain people. One used the word "Rebel" in their name & the other had the Confederate flag as a symbol. Both of these companies had been in business for decades yet NOW had to change things!! So where does it end??
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 02-11-2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Add comment

+ Reply to Thread