+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: State of the Program

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: State of the Program

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Really? You don't? I wonder why....

Because you have no pride in giving back?

And those who do contribute have reason to complain and be heard. If you don't contribute, your complaints are meaningless.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Because you have no pride in giving back?

And those who do contribute have reason to complain and be heard. If you don't contribute, your complaints are meaningless.
    I'm a fan. This is a discussion board. Get over it.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    I'm a fan. This is a discussion board. Get over it.

Then discuss the performance. When you start talking about solutions that cost money, you have no standing.

Of course for less than $10 a month, you can be part of the solution:

www.latechchamps.com

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    The point is that there is no use for everyone to come on here and cry and complain. We have a great group of girls and some great recruits coming in. Many of these teenagers read this board. If people would stop crying long enough to support our team, we might see some better results. They have been working hard and I have seen some great improvement from this young team over the last few games. I think (hope) we will continue to see that. The coaching situation is what it is and it will remain what it is for the rest of this season.

I love the passion that we all have for this program, but sometimes it comes across as just being whiny little babies. I am going to look forward to the game we have tomorrow night. THAT is the most important thing right now. I should not have posted on this thread, but it got the best of me. I will leave all of you be. Maybe I will check back in a couple of days and see what solutions everyone has come up with and implemented. I will be excited about that.
    Champ,
    I'm a fan of yours, but sometimes your passive-aggressive remarks (I will check back in a couple of days and see what solutions everyone has come up with) go a bit overboard.

Just because some of us are complaining does not mean we're whiny little babies. And just because you think the way you do does not make you a completely unrealistic living in denial with one foot in the past Techster fan.

You wish we would shut up and just cheer for the Techsters. Some of us wish (at times) the same would happen in reverse. Don't you think that some of us get tired of hearing the endless arguments about how "good" this program is and how it is "improving" and the "youth and inexperience" arguments? Guess what? Some of us get just as tired hearing the (seemingly) unconditional support but we don't ask to stop it and we don't call you names for expressing your opinion.

In closing, one could argue that whining is actually sitting around and saying "just give it time, just give it time." And one could also argue that demanding change and being angry about seeing a program all but destroyed in the last year and half is not whining at all....it is cheering on the team.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Here we go again w/the "great group of recruits coming in" war cry!! Wasn't this also said last year about the current group of Techsters? So now that they're here they need guidance & I just don't see that happening under CL!! Even Champ himself said that their consistency varies from game to game ( even half to half, from what I've seen ) & that requires a coach who can find the chemistry to make it happen. FWIW - I DO think they're playing better now that at the beginning of the season - but not by much.
    So exactly HOW am I NOT supporting this team - because I come onto this website to voice my displeasure w/the direction the program has taken under CL?? I'd like to think I've EARNED that right ( at least according to CH Clyde ) by donating to CHAMPS & attending some of the games. I can't blindly cheer for this team just because they're Techsters. If that's wrong in your eyes then so be it!! I also can't totally give up on them either because they ARE Techsters. I just think that these girls ( & the Techster program ) deserve better leadership from it's HC; AD & university Prez. Now that we got rid of "Dumb" we just need to hope that "Dumber" will open his eyes to the downfall of the program & get an AD and/or a HC who is a true leader & brings with himself/herself a passion, energy & emotion which will manifest itself into the team's character.
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 02-14-2008 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Add Comment

Puppy Sundance is an unknown

It appears that very few of us are satisfied with the current situation. I wish we could all channel these emotions into a positive contribution to improve the situation. I am not qualified to judge the coach or players but one must admit the situation seems less that positive.

Travel costs must be outrageous which brings up this question. Notre Dame is an independent in football and mens (women's?) basketball is in a conference. Is it possible for the Lady Techsters to change conferences? This would save alot of money if possible.

Additionally, regardless of where the blame lies and if a coaching change is made, isn't there a woman, ex-Techster player or coach who would come back and restore the program.

I have been disappointed in the small crowds for several years and do admit it is sometimes hard to attend because of the performace on the court but if we must do something to boost attendance, improve revenue, etc., to restore the program.

Obviously, Tech will never have the money, tv contract, etc., that the SEC, et al, have, but Tech can compete on a national scale again with the proper support.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    It appears that very few of us are satisfied with the current situation. I wish we could all channel these emotions into a positive contribution to improve the situation. I am not qualified to judge the coach or players but one must admit the situation seems less that positive.

Travel costs must be outrageous which brings up this question. Notre Dame is an independent in football and mens (women's?) basketball is in a conference. Is it possible for the Lady Techsters to change conferences? This would save alot of money if possible.

Additionally, regardless of where the blame lies and if a coaching change is made, isn't there a woman, ex-Techster player or coach who would come back and restore the program.

I have been disappointed in the small crowds for several years and do admit it is sometimes hard to attend because of the performace on the court but if we must do something to boost attendance, improve revenue, etc., to restore the program.

Obviously, Tech will never have the money, tv contract, etc., that the SEC, et al, have, but Tech can compete on a national scale again with the proper support.

Thanks for the contructive thinking. The conference situation is rough on the girls, as for travel, but our revenue in football and men's basketball is more than worth it. The WAC is the best non-bcs conference out there. The travel costs are made up for with the increased revenue that this conference provides. Now, if we were to get in CUSA, that would be MUCH preferred. The reason being the travel. CUSA is really the only choice that would help us - not because it is better, but because it is more regional and not a step down. In wbb, it would be a step up, in fact.

The Techsters were independant for a few years and I liked that. It was great to see a schedule being built to our advantage. We were at the top during that time, so scheduling was easier, though - much more difficult now. Plus, most conferences require that you have wbb thrown in the mix - I am sure the WAC would not like us to pull that program.

My opinion is that CUSA is our best bet. Now to only get an invite. Our A.D. did not manage to make us more appealing that UTEP on the last round - go figure.... Hopefully, when we get our new A.D., we can manage to pull this off.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post

Wrong. Common misconception.

+ Reply to Thread