+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strange headline

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

Re: Strange headline

News of shootings on a school campus is disturbing enough without having the added confusion of what may have happened on our own. I always thought the technical school chain name is too close to our beloved name of Louisiana Tech University. I pray for these innocent victims and their families in this time of great loss to them and I pray that these stupid and senseless acts by those commit these awful acts end. I wonder if those who named those schools Louisiana Technical Colleges at anytown, had a silent motive to confuse people with Louisiana Tech University in a way that Tech would change it's name to University of Louisiana at Ruston. Is this a jab because we have our own identity of a school renowned all over and that the LSu people can't put us in line with the other UL schools. It's just a theory of mine. Now every news bureau it seems, has the shootings taking place on the Louisiana Tech campus. I hope they can find another name not so close to ours.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Re: Why cant they get the name right?

This is a continual problem in trying to get high school students to report their ACT scores to Tech. Half of them put the LA Technical College code on their ACT form rather than the Tech code. Tech staff has to drill this into their heads at Time Out for Tech, etc.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/08/...ing/index.html

Police: Student kills two women, self on Louisiana Tech campus
    Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg View Post
    Can't they change the name of Louisiana Technical College to something else, like Louisiana Vocational College?
    Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    Yeah, I saw this headline on CNN:
    Police: 3 shot dead on Louisiana Tech campus

And started freaking out. Turns out it's Lousiana Technical College in BR.

Trying to find an email address for CNN editors as we speak. Because this isnt good publicity for LaTech if people dont know the difference.
    Looks like a point for the side that wants to market us as LaTech.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

As a follow up, Tech really needs to step in and do something about this. Vette said the news the other night mentioned this again, and the announcer, once again, said Louisiana Tech. If we don't have that name trademarked, we need to do so. As I told her, the news people said it on purpose. They know we are Louisiana Tech, but won't hesitate to take such a jab knowing full well they should say Louisiana Technical College. If we are trademarked, then those in charge need to be on the phone contacting the news agencies as well as Louisiana Technical College to be sure this stops. If I'm not mistaken, they refer to themselves as Louisiana Tech also.

+ Reply to Thread