+ Reply to Thread

Thread: State hiring freeze

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

State hiring freeze

I hate to mention this school, but I do so only to bring up a topic. I just saw on t.v. that LSU has fired their men's basketball coach. Obviously, they'll need to replace him, but at this time there is a freeze on state hiring. Didn't someone post on here that we weren't allowed to replace professors because of the hiring freeze?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: State hiring freeze

You can get approval for hires. I expect a lot of positions to be filled anyways.

The freeze just allows the gov to cut jobs where he wants without having to fire anybody. I doubt they make many cuts to the universities. They certainly wouldn't block a coach hire for a major sport.

Varsity Bulldog bulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nice bulldogengr's Avatar

There is definitely a hiring freeze right now. I know of 2 faculty positions that were in the works before the freeze, that are being held up.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

I know our head volleyball coach position has not been filled because of the hiring freeze.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I hate to mention this school, but I do so only to bring up a topic. I just saw on t.v. that LSU has fired their men's basketball coach. Obviously, they'll need to replace him, but at this time there is a freeze on state hiring. Didn't someone post on here that we weren't allowed to replace professors because of the hiring freeze?
    Come on Dirty...you know good and well that the hiring freeze does not affect lsu.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I would imagine that they can use their ATHLETIC FOUNDATION to skirt the rules on this. Sure would be nice if we had one of those.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I would imagine that they can use their ATHLETIC FOUNDATION to skirt the rules on this. Sure would be nice if we had one of those.
    But that raises a good question. Is he working for the athletic foundation or LSU? If the foundation is giving LSU the funds to pay him, once the money is transferred to LSU, wouldn't it then be considered state funds? I thought I read somewhere that was the case when another state school was talking about general fund transfers. However, if the foundation is paying him with a foundation check, wouldn't their be some type of legal snafu?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

But that raises a good question. Is he working for the athletic foundation or LSU? If the foundation is giving LSU the funds to pay him, once the money is transferred to LSU, wouldn't it then be considered state funds? I thought I read somewhere that was the case when another state school was talking about general fund transfers. However, if the foundation is paying him with a foundation check, wouldn't their be some type of legal snafu?
    I've wondered that myself. But based on the fact that A) lsu has a law school and B) the majority of people in the legislature, the judiciary, and likely the executive branch of the Louisiana state government likely recieved their law degree from lsu, I think a "legal snafu" is highly unlikely.

What kind of conspiracy theorist are you, anyway? :icon_wink:

The thing I don't get about the freeze is that last year we got tons of money because of reported surpluses. Now, all of a sudden, we can't even hire for critical positions, even those that have been advertised for quite some time?

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    I know our head volleyball coach position has not been filled because of the hiring freeze.
    I wonder if other state schools would be allowed to hire a volleyball coach?

+ Reply to Thread