+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Tech's Jackson resigns - Shreveport Times

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Tech's Jackson resigns - Shreveport Times

A new article has been posted on the Shreveport Times:

Louisiana Tech associate head football coach Ed Jackson announced his resignation from the school on Saturday after 15 seasons roaming the Bulldogs' sideline primarily as a defensive line coach.

More...

Discuss the article here.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Re: Ed Jackson is gone...

Hate to hear he's gone. Sure wish him the best!

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Ed was and is a class guy who we always had a lot of fun with and who we enjoyed as part of the program. I have sent him an e-mail wishing him and the family all my best at what happens next for them. I will miss him and I know that Tech will. I sure hope Dooley knows what he is doing!

DFiH

Bulldog checkerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by suckupdog View Post
    The new Michigan coach led that offense, not Scelfo. Don't give him credit for things that he didn't do. Rampsey never won, not even in HS, he was only drafted b/c of potential. Richard was a good QB, but Tulane still really sucked, I guess that is because of Frank's crappy play calling. I am not blaming him for losing those recruits, I am just pointing out that he contributes nothing to the team on the field and in recruiting.
    Players drafted in the NFL are drafted based on talent or potential talent. Has nothing to do with winning in college.

Big Dog LongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the rough LongtimeDawgfan's Avatar

It is official...Jimmy Watson is reporting in the Sheveport Times.
    http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...10/1001/SPORTS

Puppy Free Agent has turned a few heads around hereFree Agent has turned a few heads around hereFree Agent has turned a few heads around here

Ed and I started Mansfield Elementary School together on the same day in the 4th grade - both as transfer students, but for different reasons... We played high school sports together, graduated together, started Tech on the same day and traveled home together on occassion. We both came back to Ruston and have raised families here, even enjoying having daughters do some of the same type things together that we did growing up.

He is one of the best men I have been privileged to know. He is a great ambassador for Tech and has had a huge impact on lives thorugh his service as Tech's FCA huddle leader for years.

He is one of the very few men who I hug whenever I see him.

All of that being said, Derek Dooley was hired as the football coach at Louisiana Tech to make Tech football better. He is responsible for his actions (and takes responsibilty). I think that he should have the right to construct his staff as he sees fit. He should have the latiitude to make changes, despite the difficulty or perception that might create for some.

I am sad that Ed apparently does not fit into the plan that Coach Dooley is putting into place.

Despite that, I support Coach Dooley fully and wish Ed Jackson the absolute best in whatever he does going forward. I don't think those are contradictory statements.

Tech football needs significant change and if change brings about things that I may not personally like, I am still supportive of those necessary changes. And this particular change is a lot more important than some not getting to attend practice...

Kyle McDonald

P. S. I realize in my only other post that I said I would never post again. Things change...:icon_wink:

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Free Agent View Post
    P. S. I realize in my only other post that I said I would never post again. Things change...:icon_wink:
    Welcome back. I think many here agree with your sentiments exactly. We know Ed Jackson to be a GREAT guy, but believe we are holding Dooley responsible for the success or failure of the football program (and with that all of the rights and responsibilities).

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Ed and I started Mansfield Elementary School together on the same day in the 4th grade - both as transfer students, but for different reasons... We played high school sports together, graduated together, started Tech on the same day and traveled home together on occassion. We both came back to Ruston and have raised families here, even enjoying having daughters do some of the same type things together that we did growing up.

He is one of the best men I have been privileged to know. He is a great ambassador for Tech and has had a huge impact on lives thorugh his service as Tech's FCA huddle leader for years.

All of that being said, Derek Dooley was hired as the football coach at Louisiana Tech to make Tech football better. He is responsible for his actions (and takes responsibilty). I think that he should have the right to construct his staff as he sees fit. He should have the latiitude to make changes, despite the difficulty or perception that might create for some.

I am sad that Ed apparently does not fit into the plan that Coach Dooley is putting into place.

Despite that, I support Coach Dooley fully and wish Ed Jackson the absolute best in whatever he does going forward. I don't think those are contradictory statements.

Tech football needs significant change and if change brings about things that I may not personally like, I am still supportive of those necessary changes. And this particular change is a lot more important than some not getting to attend practice...

Kyle McDonald

I agree with you 100%, good post
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

Kyle McDonald

I agree with your post 100%, BUT, if Dooley new this was coming and didn't let Jackson know until signing day, I think that is about as crummy as what Jeffcoat did to Dooley and I just lost a lot of respect for DD. I hope it is something more, I really do.

I certainly don't like the decision, but its Dooleys to make. Just don't wait until signing day to do it. I hope thats not how this happened.

RD
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

Bulldog checkerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nice

[quote=Reddawg;581342]I agree with your post 100%, BUT, if Dooley new this was coming and didn't let Jackson know until signing day, I think that is about as crummy as what Jeffcoat did to Dooley and I just lost a lot of respect for DD. I hope it is something more, I really do.
    I certainly don't like the decision, but its Dooleys to make. Just don't wait until signing day to do it. I hope thats not how this happened.

Hopefully, this is not the case. However, we need not assume the worst in this situation. I can not, personally, speak for Coach Jackson but he is the type of guy that would wait until after signing day being in the best interest of Tech...a true Louisiana Tech guy in all regards.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Ed Jackson, former player and 15-year assistant, out at Louisiana Tech - News Star

A new article has been posted on The News Star:

Ed Jackson, a former player and 15-year football assistant, has left Louisiana Tech.

More...

Feel free to discuss it here

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

How do the contracts run? Will he get paid for any length of time, or is he just gone?

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

If Dooley would have done this 2 months ago, we probably lose those recruits. In addition, ed was under a 1 year contract, he did it when the one year contract was up.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Kyle McDonald

Good post Kyle...good to see you here.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

This is a cruel, cruel world - sometimes good people get fired for no good reason.

From what I've heard Jackson wasn't beating the recruiting trail as hard as others would've liked. I don't know if this is true or not. Speculation was that he was just relying on his connections in the Juco ranks to pick guys up rather than really beating the bushes to recruit.

+ Reply to Thread