+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkey Season

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: Turkey Season

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    these guys sure are slow at coming up with a "lat and long" arent they??? geezeeeeeee only 22 more shopping days till turkey season, you guys have GOT to get on the ball !!!
    Sorry, I'm not much good with "lat and long"s. Oh well, here's a go at it:

Latitude: 30.95522400. Longitude: -91.59432600

??

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Sorry, I'm not much good with "lat and long"s. Oh well, here's a go at it:

Latitude: 30.95522400. Longitude: -91.59432600

??
    I'll make you/maddawg/us an aerial :icon_wink:

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

I'll make you/maddawg/us an aerial :icon_wink:
    That should be interesting.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

You know you boys are welcome anytime, maddawg. Oh, by the way, I've switched to Milwaukee's Best to commiserate with the less fortunate during the upcoming recession. Since you are "bringin'" though, pls make it Heineken. TIA.
    I have a new "budget conscious" brand now. Miller High Life Lite.

You'll see me totin' Heineken when you see me wearing $300 designer jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I have a new "budget conscious" brand now. Miller High Life Lite.
    Hey, what a bargain ! ! ! Not long ago, used to be able to grab a 32-oz. can of Miller High Life Lite iced down at the C-store for $1.09 per can. I think they've gone to $1.19 now ??

Damn Inflation ! ! ! ! !

...Not long ago, used to be able to grab a 32-oz. can of Miller High Life Lite iced down at the C-store for $1.09 per can. I think they've gone to $1.19 now ??
    Just checked....

32-oz. Miller High Life Lite (can) now $1.49. Dude at the C-store said they have gone off promotion.

Bernanke should be tarred and feathered and ridden on a rail.

sigh....... Back to the Milwaukee's Best for the duration of the coming recession.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Just checked....

32-oz. Miller High Life Lite (can) now $1.49. Dude at the C-store said they have gone off promotion.

Bernanke should be tarred and feathered and ridden on a rail.

sigh....... Back to the Milwaukee's Best for the duration of the coming recession.
    ...and the day is coming when you will not be able to get a free paper sack to keep your "32" in.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

friend of mine went yesterday monring and heard 3 different birds "throwing down" with the possiblity of two more that he said he could barely hear. If i know him like i think I do, this was happening along D'arbonne creek somewhere.

Varsity Bulldog tangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the ears

Does anyone know of any state parks or national forest near ruston that have good turkey hunting?

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tangidawg View Post
    Does anyone know of any state parks or national forest near ruston that have good turkey hunting?
    Yes, Bienville WMA, just south of Ruston. Not sure of the rules and regs though. Lots of birds I hear, as well as hunters.

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

I have heard that turkey season at Jackson/Bienville WMA can get kinda crazy (and in some cases dangerous) because of the amount of inexperienced turkey hunters who shoot without identifying their targets. I have had friends and acquaintances tell me to stay away from there even though the hunting is pretty good. I am not sure if they are speaking because of personal experience or through stories they have heard from others. I have never hunted a WMA because of the amount of private land that I am able to hunt. Not trying to discourage you - just telling you what I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by tangidawg View Post
    i turkey hunt mostly around junction city and go through an area on the way taht looks good. its the forest around Caney lake. They just burned it last year and should be pretty good this year i would think. The most trucks I saw in there last year was three at one time and all of them were around the three bridges as you come in from Weldon headed to the boat ramp.

went to listen again this past sunday morning before church and heard nadda. did see two on the road as i headed back home though. I'll start hitting it pretty hard next week trying to find one or two to chase.

i turkey hunt mostly around junction city and go through an area on the way taht looks good. its the forest around Caney lake. They just burned it last year and should be pretty good this year i would think. The most trucks I saw in there last year was three at one time and all of them were around the three bridges as you come in from Weldon headed to the boat ramp.

went to listen again this past sunday morning before church and heard nadda. did see two on the road as i headed back home though. I'll start hitting it pretty hard next week trying to find one or two to chase.
    Gas must be cheap at the Ruston Wal-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Gas must be cheap at the Ruston Wal-Mart.
    you have to multi task, get gas, crickets, vienna sausage, spam and sams cola all at the same time.

you have to multi task, get gas, crickets, vienna sausage, spam and sams cola all at the same time.
    We should carpool when we go poaching on NAD's property. Let's pick up a few 32 oz Old Milwaukees just in case we get caught. Those could be our ticket out of jail.

+ Reply to Thread