+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anything new on the AD search?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Anything new on the AD search?

Does Stan know the CUSA AD's? Can he pick up the phone and get home-home football games with Tulane, Memphis, SMU, etc?

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

I hope this guy is the leading candidate like you reported Lee.

I really don't know anything about this other than what his bio says. Of course, we know that Oakes' bio on the Tech sports web page actually made it sound like he did something. We need to look at the results of his previous jobs. In general, though, I would like to see Tech stop hiring so many of its own alumni. I understand the loyalty and personal connection aspect to the university. But I would like to see more outside, objective, experienced (at the D1-A level that we need) people put into positions at Tech. This applies to athletics and academics. Other universities have policies not to hire their own graduates as it leads to "inbreeding". In my opinion, this has been a problem at Tech for years and has resulted in the "Good Ole Boy" network many of us would like to see disappear. We need an experienced Assoc. AD from a bigger D1-A school and pay him/her what we need to. Just my two cents.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I like Troy's hire of Steve Dennis, very business oriented guy...we need a guy like this

- Univ Georgia grad; Cum Laude
    - Played football under Vince Dooley (defensive captain)
    - Coached HS , College football
    - Worked in sales, marketing, promotion for Great Southern Wood, INC 97-00
    - VP of Cleveland Brother Construction 00-02
    - Auburn TE Coach 02
    - Became Associate Director Tiger Unlimited worked on fund-raising 03

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I don't know a ton about Williamson either. He's just better than the names I heard floating around (Donahoe and Barmore). At least he's an AD. I would prefer, like my friend from Texas, that we hire Chuck N to find us the best possible candidate. I fear though that process is being held up for whatever reason. If we don't hire a guy until mid-summer, our MSU game could be an utter disaster...we can't afford that.
    Last edited by johnnylightnin; 02-18-2008 at 10:43 AM.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I would prefer, like my friend from Texas, that we hire Chuck N to find us the best possible candidate.
    I agree spend the $35K and hire Chuck Neinas.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

DR used the spin of a hiring freeze at the recruiting luncheon but I picked up the paper yesterday and read an article where the Director of the Micromanufacturing Dept is leaving and a nationwide search is already underway and they are using a search firm according to the article, so DR is at it again.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    DR used the spin of a hiring freeze at the recruiting luncheon but I picked up the paper yesterday and read an article where the Director of the Micromanufacturing Dept is leaving and a nationwide search is already underway and they are using a search firm according to the article, so DR is at it again.

time to email reneau again:

http://www.rustonleader.com/news.php?id=3601

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Not sure a guy with only a few years at a Nichols State and rest of time at Campbell is our best or only option, or at least I hope it is not.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

DR claims there has been a lot of interest so far without even really announcing they are looking yet.

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mayhoffer View Post
    Buddy of mine in Thibodaux says Stan got run out of the AD job at Nicholls. Anyone know anything about this?
    Mayhoffer-

That could very well be correct... I know the transition a couple of years ago when Nicholls hired their new President was very turmoiled... longtime "local boy" Don Ayo was replaced by a yankee northerner Steve Hulbert, and all hell broke loose.... I remember a lot particularly going on within the athletic department. One thing for example was a big firestorm about replacing the school's Colonel Civil war-era mascot.

The point is, if he was in fact "run out" of Thibodaux, it was likely a political squabble rather than a lack of doing his job... I know that a lot of the locals really don't like Hulbert, any many long-time ahtletic boosters of the school stopped giving $$$ when he took over.

If its looks more likely that he gets our position I will interview a couple of people "in the know" to get a good idea about what happened... and then post my findings in the subscription-only recruiting thread.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    DR claims there has been a lot of interest so far without even really announcing they are looking yet.
    I have a problem with us "not even really announcing we are looking yet."

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    Not sure a guy with only a few years at a Nichols State and rest of time at Campbell is our best or only option, or at least I hope it is not.
    Totally agree. I think Oakes was so bad we are grasping for the first decent looking thing we see. Not saying he is a bad choice, let's just see if there is anything better out there. I think there could be.

Bulldog Jack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Jack Mayhoffer's Avatar

It amazes me that Letlow and others read info on this site (re: Williamson's bio) and then it becomes a story in the paper.
    "Off the top of my head, I'd say you're looking at a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethros and a Leon Spinks, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever!"

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I have a problem with us "not even really announcing we are looking yet."
    Me too
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

I am a little nervous that our new AD will NOT be the strong, aggressive, demanding type.

+ Reply to Thread