+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Anything new on the AD search?

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: Anything new on the AD search?

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Arkansas, Georgia, and Wisconsin have done it, so there goes that theory..However those schools have more money than tech.
    When Tech does it, it is more like the DIII schools I mentioned, not Arkansas, Georgia, or Wisconsin. Let's not try to act like we are modeling after a successful program by doing this. Dooley has only been a head coach for a year and we didnt set the world on fire. To add this extra burden on a young coach with no proven track record is Bush League, no other way to spin it.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    When Tech does it, it is more like the DIII schools I mentioned, not Arkansas, Georgia, or Wisconsin. Let's not try to act like we are modeling after a successful program by doing this. Dooley has only been a head coach for a year and we didnt set the world on fire. To add this extra burden on a young coach with no proven track record is Bush League, no other way to spin it.

IMO what Dooley has done in 1 year is change the mindset about how we go about our business. He saw past the bs and called alot of folks out on it. We wanted a CHANGE ...This is that Change. He looks past the small time mentality thats has plagued alot and I mean alot of folks around here. I dont think you can measure what he has done and what he will continue to do with wins and losses......Yet!!

One year ago this athletic program was almost on life support, since the day HE has stepped on campus we all have a renewed energy.

Do I think he has rubbed some folks the wrong way, YEA...Do I care? Absolutely not if he can keep digging us out of this athletic pergatory we are in.

I think he has the mindset for it!

He has a plan.

Football will be #1 in his eyes, as it should be. FOOTBALL IS THE MONEY MAKER

I do think there will be some people in place allready here who will make changes and some new blood brought in.

I also agree that this may have bought us another 2 years with him and eventually he will move on but I think he will put us in a position for a smooth transition.

You dont have to agree with me

But please Form your own opinion.

Dont go with the crowd, go with what you think is GOOD FOR TECH ATHLETICS!!!

BELIEVE THINGS ARE GOING TO CHANGE

Sorry for the rant.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO what Dooley has done in 1 year is change the mindset about how we go about our business. He saw past the bs and called alot of folks out on it. We wanted a CHANGE ...This is that Change. He looks past the small time mentality thats has plagued alot and I mean alot of folks around here. I dont think you can measure what he has done and what he will continue to do with wins and losses......Yet!!

One year ago this athletic program was almost on life support, since the day HE has stepped on campus we all have a renewed energy.

Do I think he has rubbed some folks the wrong way, YEA...Do I care? Absolutely not if he can keep digging us out of this athletic pergatory we are in.

He has a plan.

I do think there will be some people in place allready here who will make changes and some new blood brought in.

I also agree that this may have bought us another 2 years with him and eventually he will move on but I think he will put us in a position for a smooth transition.

Sorry for the rant.
    Good post and I agree!

It amazes me how many people are complaining about a no nonsense guy that has a very bright future. We have been in Hell for years. Last year, Dooley brought in a flash light. THIS DECISION could bring in the sun, but we need to rally behind him.

We wanted change and NOW WE HAVE IT! NO MORE EXCUSES! Let's get on with it!

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

He has a plan.

Sorry for the rant.
    No rant to it. You speak the truth and it is an excellent post. Thank you.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I love Dooley's attitude, but we are asking a lot of the guy. Can he do both full time is the question. I know the guy has a motor, but he is going to be running 90 to nothing for 10 months out of the year. The guy has been here a year, and he has the fullest plate of anybody at Tech. The silver lining is that this keeps us from making a terrible hire because he will definitely be better than whoever those yoyos would have hired.

We are asking a guy to basically work two full-time jobs though. Any AD worth his salt would make football the focus anyway, so that isnt saying a whole lot, IMO. I hope this works out, but it still smacks of small-time mentality to me. Instead of making DD the AD, why not bring in another go getter like DD as AD?

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I love Dooley's attitude, but we are asking a lot of the guy. Can he do both full time is the question. I know the guy has a motor, but he is going to be running 90 to nothing for 10 months out of the year. The guy has been here a year, and he has the fullest plate of anybody at Tech. The silver lining is that this keeps us from making a terrible hire because he will definitely be better than whoever those yoyos would have hired.

We are asking a guy to basically work two full-time jobs though. Any AD worth his salt would make football the focus anyway, so that isnt saying a whole lot, IMO. I hope this works out, but it still smacks of small-time mentality to me. Instead of making DD the AD, why not bring in another go getter like DD as AD?
    Dooley doesn't HAVE to do this. Nobody is holding a gun to the man's head. He obviously wants to do this. He has the fullest plate because he is not afraid of filling it up. He's not satisfied with the status quo over there and is not willing to continue down the path we were on without change and if that means taking the bulldog by the horns to get it done then so be it. The man is stepping UP big time. I can do nothing but admire that and become extremely excited by the initiative.

Small time mentality? I have to disagree. This is yet another among the significant changes made over there in the past year that moves us farther AWAY from the small time mentality. Small time is hitting the trail at Tech Athletics and I hope it doesn't wait until June to hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Dooley doesn't HAVE to do this. Nobody is holding a gun to the man's head. He obviously wants to do this. He has the fullest plate because he is not afraid of filling it up. He's not satisfied with the status quo over there and is not willing to continue down the path we were on without change and if that means taking the bulldog by the horns to get it done then so be it. The man is stepping UP big time. I can do nothing but admire that and become extremely excited by the initiative.

Small time mentality? I have to disagree. This is yet another among the significant changes made over there in the past year that moves us farther AWAY from the small time mentality. Small time is hitting the trail at Tech Athletics and I hope it doesn't wait until June to hit it.

Could be a big step in the right direction for us, but let's not act like the powers that be think this is a genius idea, they think is a convenient idea. I hope it works and it might. I love Dooley, i just hope he is up for quite a challenge.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Hell yea this is convenient in DR's eyes. But this is a different kind of convenient. The Long hire was out of convenience of banding a situation. DR is trying to overhaul athletics. DR has been absolutely SOLD on DD since day one. From the time of Dooley's interview in Miami all we have heard is Dooley. DR is still sold, he believes that Dooley can right the ship.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

I completely agree.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Well hmmmmmmm, I am not sure if this is great news or not but it is what people wanted and that was JO gone so we got that wish, now we have to make the best of DD. I hope he will stand up to DR and actually be an AD and not a spokesperson for DR.
    I think he will be fair and firm and I hope he will surround himself with people that are stronger than he is in areas of weakness. He will have to be a very secure person to do that but if Tech Athletics is ever going to be a contender he will have to make sure that he has strong people around him at all times that are great in the areas that he is only average in. Karl Malone and Leon Barmore will be more valuable to our program now than ever in the history of Tech Athletics for basketball.

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    Well hmmmmmmm, I am not sure if this is great news or not but it is what people wanted and that was JO gone so we got that wish, now we have to make the best of DD. I hope he will stand up to DR and actually be an AD and not a spokesperson for DR.
    I think he will be fair and firm and I hope he will surround himself with people that are stronger than he is in areas of weakness. He will have to be a very secure person to do that but if Tech Athletics is ever going to be a contender he will have to make sure that he has strong people around him at all times that are great in the areas that he is only average in. Karl Malone and Leon Barmore will be more valuable to our program now than ever in the history of Tech Athletics for basketball.
    I definitely don't think we have to worry about the "Napoleon Complex" from DD like we did from Joakes.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Could be a big step in the right direction for us, but let's not act like the powers that be think this is a genius idea, they think is a convenient idea. I hope it works and it might. I love Dooley, i just hope he is up for quite a challenge.
    Think about it. WHO could we bring in to the be the boss of Dooley??

We decided to let Dooley be his own boss and appearently are set to hire others to handle other things. How well he delegates will be the key.

Bulldog CENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the ears

tough job for a person being asked to lead Tech to big things. getting rid of a nonexistent AD is worth giving it a shot. delegating someone who has the stuff it takes to be an AD to handle the other sports will be as important as hiring an AD in this situation. most 4-A and 5-A high schools in texas have seperated the two jobs, but anything is better than jo!

+ Reply to Thread