+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody remember anything about Joe Robinson?

Big Dog The Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around hereThe Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around here The Big Bengal's Avatar

Anybody remember anything about Joe Robinson?

I read last night that he is being hired at LSU and at one point coached at LA Tech as RB coach or something like that. I believe it was only for a year, so you guys might not remember much about him. Just curious if anything stood out about him during his time with your team.
    Positives or negatives both welcome.

Thanks in advance. Good luck this season. Hope this isn't considered improper for your board. If so, feel free to delete.

*edit*
    I just noticed on Dandy Don that he actually had two stints at Tech. (assuming DD's information is correct)

1989 Louisiana Tech, Graduate assistant
    1990-91 Louisiana Tech, Defensive Line/Recruiting Coordinator
    2001 Louisiana Tech, Running Backs/Recruiting Coordinator

So maybe some of y'all will remember something about him.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Anybody remember anything about Joe Robinson?

He is a pretty good coach. Came to TECH from Bastrop High. Forgot where he was before that.

Big Dog The Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around hereThe Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around here The Big Bengal's Avatar

Thanks. According to what I had seen last night, he's an LSU grad, so obviouslyl that's a strike against him.
    Dandy Don's bio on him this morning had him starting out at Catholic High, then on to Bastrop, then Tech, USM, back to Tech, Houston, Central Florida, Arizona, and now LSU.

He's supposed to be our full-time special teams coach from what I'm hearing. And supposedly he's a good recruiter. That should be an upgrade from Pellini in recruiting. That was his biggest weakness.

Anyway, just wondering if anything in particular stood out about him to y'all when he was at Tech.

Varsity Bulldog bambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the ears

He was in private business before he came to Tech in '01. He coached at Southern Miss. from 94-98. He was well liked by everyone on top of being a good special teams/running backs coach. Here is a link to his bio:

http://www.arizonaathletics.com/foot...o.aspx?id=1596

Thanks. Glad to know he's considered a good guy. If you guys have nothing negative to say about him, that tells me he must be a good hire.

Appreciate the info.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Super nice guy. I used to talk to him about recruits in Ark. when he was on Joe Raymond Peace's staff in the early 90's.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Simply amazing. Sorry to hijack the thread, Bengal, but it's a damn shame that LSU can get through the red tape in a hiring freeze and hire an assistant football coach and we can't even hire a head volleyball coach for a spot that's been vacant for months.

Puppy The Peace Corp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeThe Peace Corp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeThe Peace Corp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeThe Peace Corp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeThe Peace Corp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeThe Peace Corp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeThe Peace Corp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeThe Peace Corp Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Are you serious !!!! In the words of Jim Mora.... "Volleyball, Volleyball, are you kiddin me, Volleyball". Seriously, that comment makes me want to throw up my coffee this morning
    You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Simply amazing. Sorry to hijack the thread, Bengal, but it's a damn shame that LSU can get through the red tape in a hiring freeze and hire an assistant football coach and we can't even hire a head volleyball coach for a spot that's been vacant for months.
    Rules don't apply to the "Flagship"

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Peace Corp View Post
    Are you serious !!!! In the words of Jim Mora.... "Volleyball, Volleyball, are you kiddin me, Volleyball". Seriously, that comment makes me want to throw up my coffee this morning

Which comment? Jim Mora's or mine about the vb coach. Because if it's mine, although volleball might not be as important to you or me than football, it is very good indicator that we have an ineffective athletic department as well as an indication of the favoritism showed towards LSU that their fans always deny.

Big Dog LongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the rough LongtimeDawgfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Rules don't apply to the "Flagship"
    That's not it.....Lieutenant Dan is the problem. He is hiding behind this "hiring freeze" so he won't have to fill the position and can put that money somewhere else.

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

He will be paid by the TAF until the state hiring freeze is over.

When did the hiring freeze start? After Dooley was hired?
    I had heard something quite a while back about a hiring freeze, but didn't know it was still in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech XXIX View Post
    He will be paid by the TAF until the state hiring freeze is over.
    Then he isn't an LSU employee. He's a TAF employee, and if I'm not mistaken, isn't it illegal to have coaches who aren't on payroll? Or am I just hoping for a screw up on LSU's part? (no comment Bengal)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Then he isn't an LSU employee. He's a TAF employee, and if I'm not mistaken, isn't it illegal to have coaches who aren't on payroll? Or am I just hoping for a screw up on LSU's part? (no comment Bengal)
    No comment needed. I think we all know the answer to that.

By the way, I love your sig.

+ Reply to Thread