+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tenn-RU clock debate

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Tenn-RU clock debate

Did anyone see the end of the Tenn-Ru game last night. with time running down and Tenn down by one point, clock hangs up at 0.2 seconds for around 1.1 seconds as per ESPN. This allowed enough time for officials to call a foul that would have happened after time expired if the clock had operated normally.

this put Tenn to the line for freethrows both of which they made to win the game. Unreal finish.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Re: Tenn-RU clock debate

If the clock had not stopped, it looked like the foul might have occurred after time ran out, but it wasn't really clear cut to me. There certainly was not a 1.1 second delay between the time the clock stopped and the foul was committed. It seemed to me that it was more in the range of .2 to .4 seconds. It was hard to tell. I was hoping TN would make just one to send it to overtime.
    ________
    Nice Tits Live
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 01:14 AM.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

dude .02 second is not even enough time to inbound a ball. the game was clearly over by the time the clock should have run out. oddly enough if the ref's whistle is the only thing that can stop a clock. why did the clock start up again?

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Rutgers got screwed, plain and simple.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    I was hoping TN would make just one to send it to overtime.
    I agree. I thought the same thing. Speaking as a long time Tennessee fan, I think that Rutgers got screwed. However, if the Rutgers girl hadn't fouled the Tennessee player so hard (pulling her by her shoulder to the ground), then I think the outcome would have gone in Rutgers favor. Even though the clock stalled, I don't think Tennessee would have gotten the shot off to begin with. I was surprised that Pat didn't call a timeout when they got the ball across halfcourt. That's just my opinion.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

I may be in the minority on this one, I saw alittle bit of it today. Im kinda glad that happened to Rutgers after what they did to that guy with the nappy headed hoes comment. They should have just let the comment slide off their backs like any normal program would have done. I smiled when I saw Tenn. won.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    I may be in the minority on this one, I saw alittle bit of it today. Im kinda glad that happened to Rutgers after what they did to that guy with the nappy headed hoes comment. They should have just let the comment slide off their backs like any normal program would have done. I smiled when I saw Tenn. won.
    i didnt much care for the "poor pittiful me" comments by the coach when she refered to the fact that if that had happened in a NC game it might have cost her job. Clock malfuntion in a championship game, surely not. :icon_wink:

Varsity Bulldog gonzajo71 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    I don't think they instigated the media storm after that ignorant comment. I also don't think that any other normal program would have let it slide off their backs. I think they handled themselves with grace, except that I wish that CVIV wouldn't have gone on and on when she spoke about it, and the lawsuit by Kia Vaughn, which I think was instigated by her parents/family. I think it was a travesty that the game ended that way, and seemed to me that the officials knew they had F'd up, but didn't want to incur the wrath of Pat Summitt and the Tennessee crowd. The clock didn't even move on the inbounds play after the foul shots, but yet, they called the game, and hightailed it off the court. Just awful.

+ Reply to Thread