+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for new career opportunity

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Looking for new career opportunity

Most of the posts in this forum are for available positions so I figured I would change things up. With the number of professional contacts we have on this board one would think this would be a great area for networking, but there is not much traffic in here.

I am looking for a new career opportunity in the Northern Louisiana/East Texas area. I have 13 years experience in sales/management and 6 most recent months as a consultant in the oilfield(wellsite construction). Recieved B.A. (Political Science) from Tech in 2001 after spending my first 4 years as a Bio-Sci major.

I'm not ruling anything out at this point, but I really enjoyed the oilfield experience so a sales/management position in this field would be ideal.

PM me with any suggestions you have or job openings you come across.

Shreveportdawg

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

Re: Looking for new career opportunity

I'm changing careers and going to work for a seismic oil & gas exploration company. They didn't recruit at Tech but when I suggested it they immediately went to HR and told them to look into Louisiana Tech. Anyway, back to your question, I'll be checking into things as I start making contacts. I think Baker-Hughes may be hiring for that area. I'm in Lafayette getting some certifications right now and this is the place to be for the petroleum industry in LA.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    Most of the posts in this forum are for available positions so I figured I would change things up. With the number of professional contacts we have on this board one would think this would be a great area for networking, but there is not much traffic in here.

I am looking for a new career opportunity in the Northern Louisiana/East Texas area. I have 13 years experience in sales/management and 6 most recent months as a consultant in the oilfield(wellsite construction). Recieved B.A. (Political Science) from Tech in 2001 after spending my first 4 years as a Bio-Sci major.

I'm not ruling anything out at this point, but I really enjoyed the oilfield experience so a sales/management position in this field would be ideal.

Shreveportdawg
    Found something for you. Applications have to be turned in by noon tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreveport Job Listings
    CROSSING GUARD
    The City of Shreveport Police Department is seeking applicants for Crossing Guard positions. Individuals selected will assistant school children to cross the street at the appropriate time in school crossing walks. These individuals will work one hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon. Transportation to the crossing location is the responsibility of the employee. The employee must be physically fit for duty as required to work in inclement weather. Applications are available at the City of Shreveport Personnel Department at 505 Travis Street, Suite 530. Completed applications should be turned in at this same location. Questions should be directed to Sgt. Keith Cobb, 318-673-7245.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post

Shreveportdawg
    Send me your salary requirements.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Approx: $1.5 Million Annually (and free beer!)
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I think you should brush up on your bio sci and go to profusion school in Cincinnati. That way, we can start the Kentucky LTAC chapter and when you get out (in one year), you'll be making pretty good cheddar. Pretty crazy hours, but it's a sweet gig.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I think you should brush up on your bio sci and go to profusion school in Cincinnati. That way, we can start the Kentucky LTAC chapter and when you get out (in one year), you'll be making pretty good cheddar. Pretty crazy hours, but it's a sweet gig.

The 2005 alumni directory lists 61 names for Louisville, Ky.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    The 2005 alumni directory lists 61 names for Louisville, Ky.
    I met with some tech friends to watch the Hornets game and we're gonna try and get something started up here.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Approx: $1.5 Million Annually (and free beer!)

Man you drive a hard bargain, free beer? Well I guess have to throw in one ridiculous demand to make everything else seem so small.

+ Reply to Thread