+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moving to Houston

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: Moving to Houston

Lived in the Clear Lake area for 11 years before moving to VA. I would not recommend it if you have to go to downtown. Mass transit was minimal when I lived there (mainly buses up 45), but if they have that, then it might be worth it. I would consider looking to the west...say Austin!! (My first thought when I saw you were in Austin was WHY???)

Not sure how familar you are with Houston, but remember the humidity is brutal and they get their fair share of tropical storms and hurricanes. Even a heavy summer afternoon rain shower is enough to flood streets and major roads... The weather there was one of the big reasons I ended up moving out.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Re: Moving to Houston

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Lived in the Clear Lake area for 11 years before moving to VA. I would not recommend it if you have to go to downtown. Mass transit was minimal when I lived there (mainly buses up 45), but if they have that, then it might be worth it. I would consider looking to the west...say Austin!! (My first thought when I saw you were in Austin was WHY???)

Not sure how familar you are with Houston, but remember the humidity is brutal and they get their fair share of tropical storms and hurricanes. Even a heavy summer afternoon rain shower is enough to flood streets and major roads... The weather there was one of the big reasons I ended up moving out.
    it is wet here, but we don't get the temperature extremes that you get in ruston or dallas. i never have to watch the weather from march to november. just dress cool and bring an umbrella. the main thing i dislike about houston is the shortage of hills, and distance from big hills. i'd much rather be in austin for that reason.

+ Reply to Thread