+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NMSU

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

NMSU

As "negative" as I am, I'm really hopeful that the Techsters win this one tonight. If the same team shows up against NMSU that showed up against Idaho (especially in the first half) then this should be a win.

Can't listen or watch, and won't be able to catch up on the game/board chat until later tonight.

Go Techsters!

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Re: NMSU

Halftime....NMSU 34-18....uggggh

WOW!!!!! Tech full court press....score 12 straight in 2nd half...

15:34 NMSU 34-30

11:45 NMSU 37-32

10:00 NMSU 41-39

7:49 NMSU 43-39

Tech goes ice cold....

NMSU 51-40
    Last edited by tigtoo30; 02-14-2008 at 09:41 PM.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

none of these guards know how to drive the lane. Noone since Erica Smith has been able to do it.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

They are so painful to listen to. no Discipline. Man this coach sucks

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

score?

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

NMSU Tech trailing by 10 58-48 1:47....refs not helping...

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

thanks

NMSU wins...all about the tourney now....NMSU 65-55...just no guard play tonight

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Re: NMSU

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    NMSU wins...all about the tourney now....NMSU 65-55...just no guard play tonight
    Maybe we need to recruit some more guards???!!!

Looking at the quick scoreboard it seemed like we followed another weak ( first ) half w/a better one some perhaps CL is getting better at making halftime speeches & adjustments? Now we need him to get on these girls from the opening tip!!

MG

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

"I thought we played pretty well defensively, except for that stretch," Long said. "Our game plan was to make sure we didn't help off their shooters because they can really light you up, especially at home. However, I had to substitute because one of our kids kept letting her man free during that stretch. Unfortunately, it was when we started to score a little and could have been a much closer game at the half."

This is the quote from the head coach of the Lady Techsters. I keep trying to convince myself that Long is going to turn this around, I truly do. But then he says such stupid stuff like this, and, well, I'm just reminded how deep the hole is that the "legacy" is drowning in. I really had hope that we would pull this off.

At least we'll finish with a winning record since the last games are all against teams that have less talent than we do. But if I'm correct, we will for the first time ever finish with 14 losses. Another Long milestone for the Techster program. Hey, at least he's consistent.

Regarding talent: It's either the coach or the players. I'd hate to think it's both, but at this point, I'm not buying the hype around this class at the beginning of the season and you'd have to be Helen Keller to not know how I feel about Long.

There has been no growth in this team. There has been no improvement. And now we're supposed to get excited about winning out the regular season against two of the worst teams in the entire nation. I'll try, but I won't promise.

Like someone else said, it's really all about the tourney now. Making it past the first round of the tourney will be viewed as a success. Wow. Getting past the first round of the NCAA's was the problem two years ago, now, getting past the first round of the sloppy WAC conference tourney is our goal.....oh how the mighty have fallen.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Big Grin Re: NMSU

"At least we'll finish with a winning record since the last games are all against teams that have less talent than we do."

FFA - Would U like to put a little wager on this?? Remember that under CL's leadership this year we're 5-6 @ the TAC & three of the remaining 5 games R @ home!!!

MG
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 02-15-2008 at 02:50 AM. Reason: ad

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Long is a joke, this team is a joke. There has been no improvement this entire season. We look just as lost and inconsistent as we did on day 1. Only 19% shooting in the first half against NMSU? How the F_ _ _ is that possible?!?!

Long needs to keep his mouth shut after games. There is NOTHING he could possibly say that would even begin to explain what has happened to this team and this program.

+ Reply to Thread