+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to pay for college?

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

How to pay for college?

I have a co-worker whose son wants to go to Loyola in New Orleans. He has been offered a $12,000 a year scholie to attend, but that only covers half of the tuition for a year. His parents have no clue as how to afford the other half.

Any ideas on aid, scholarships, etc. that he may be eligible for? I have been out of the game so long that I don't remember and since the National Guard paid my way, I never had to fool with financial aid. Both of his parents didn't attend college, so they are clueless on where to start.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Re: How to pay for college?

National Guard. I'll split the signing bonus with you. :icon_wink:

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

If the guy qualified for a scholarship, then he should qualify for TOPS. Aside from that, I don't know what to suggest except to contact the financial aid department at Loyola. There are usually grants and other scholarships that people don't apply for because they don't know about them.

This sounds crazy, but I know a guy who got a small business loan by following the advice of that guy in the funny suit on the infomercials. His name is Matthew Lesko. He's the one who looks at the camera and screams "Free Money!!" He looks like an idiot, but his advice worked for this guy.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Tell him there's a college in Ruston where he can spend less and get a better education.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

I told him that. The kid wants to go to Loyola with a back up plan for Slow Learner's University (Southeastern).

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

This is your guidance counselor's job and it is unfortunate that so many of them are completely useless. I will say that a degree is the best investment you can make. Student loans are better than no degree at all if those were the only two options.

+ Reply to Thread