+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SJSU

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

SJSU

Well, after an EXTREMELY disappointing ending to the NMSU game, we have to regroup and take care of business tonight. We are a much better team than SJSU, but have to PLAY our game from BEGINNING TO END. No coming out lazy and just taking this one for granted. Their best player is a three point shooting guard. She made 5 tres in SJSU's last game and we must contain her. We have the advantage in every other category.

Everything now is about finishing strong in conference and THE TOURNAMENT. The toughest game left will be Nevada (a revenge game for us), but these other teams that we have to play are streaky and dangerous to us this year. We need to head into the WAC tournament on a winning streak and with confidence.

Tonight is pink night. Wear your pink!

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Re: SJSU

Having these weak teams at home could build confidence going into the tourney, which is desperately needed. I agree, we are a much better team than SJSU, but like you said, the ladies have to bring intensity and play hard regardless.

Hoping for a blowout.

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the rough

I haven't been to many techsters games. Ill be there tonight. I hope they play well.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Having these weak teams at home could build confidence going into the tourney, which is desperately needed. I agree, we are a much better team than SJSU, but like you said, the ladies have to bring intensity and play hard regardless.

Hoping for a blowout.
    Hoping for the same thing. Let's see if we can get a good start to the game, instead of waiting till later in the game to really start playing.

bigdawg18,
    Wear your pink!

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

What is going on with TechTV? The screen is now showing up on the same page as the athletic site and it is really small. No place to click for full screen. I wish they would leave well enough alone.

...Never mind. I just figured out how to make it full screen.

ugly ugly ugly game so far. Techsters shooting horrible. Tied up at the half. ughghghghgh Looks like we will have to come out strong in the 2nd half - like usual. We MIGHT can get away with that against SJSU (MIGHT), but it won't work against other teams. We have GOT to learn to start AND finish a game.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Is it just Tech TV or does it seem the Techsters are playing as if they are exhausted?

I may shock my friend MG with this, but it is obvious the Techsters are dramatically better than SJSU. And although the game is closer than it should be, you can see potential in some of the Techsters.

Like Champ said above it's just ugly ball and inconsistent (the inconsistent word is mine not Champ's). But it does look like we'll win the game and as many of you have pointed out, that's all that matters right now.

Barring any major meltdowns in these final games, I will reserve commentary about Long until after the WAC tourney.

Let's go Techsters!

I may shock my friend MG with this, but it is obvious the Techsters are dramatically better than SJSU. And although the game is closer than it should be, you can see potential in some of the Techsters.

Like Champ said above it's just ugly ball and inconsistent (the inconsistent word is mine not Champ's). But it does look like we'll win the game and as many of you have pointed out, that's all that matters right now.

Barring any major meltdowns in these final games, I will reserve commentary about Long until after the WAC tourney.

Let's go Techsters!
    I agree about the inconsistency, as well.

Fanfromafar,
    I agree that we DO have the talent. In fact, we have AMAZING talent. What we have is a head game with our outside shooting. Our guards have struggled since about the 3rd game of the year. Seeing that we have players that shot lights out in high school in have had games when they shot like that this year, it has to all be in their heads. When a shooter loses confidence, it shows up on the court. If our guards were hitting, other teams couldn't double and triple up on Sneed.

Anyway, Congrats to the Techsters tonight on an important win (they are all important now).

Oh, the final was 70-54 for those that weren't watching.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

I may shock my friend MG with this, but it is obvious the Techsters are dramatically better than SJSU.

FFA - OK, so who's gonna give me CPR or at least use the AED on me!!!
    I don't know if I'd go as far as Champ & say we have "amazing" talent but we're certainly been better ( athletics-wise ) than many of the teams we've lost to so I feel that goes back to coaching. I never played basketball but I know that confidence is a great denominator in a person's sporting ability. Yet this is the second season in a row that we've had "talent" at the guard positions & they still can't hit water if they fell out of a boat!! If we didn't have Jo I don't think we'd be in double figures in the win column.

Gene
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 02-16-2008 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Add Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post

I don't know if I'd go as far as Champ & say we have "amazing" talent but we're certainly been better ( athletics-wise ) than many of the teams we've lost to so I feel that goes back to coaching. I never played basketball but I know that confidence is a great denominator in a person's sporting ability. Yet this is the second season in a row that we've had "talent" at the guard positions & they still can't hit water if they fell out of a boat!! If we didn't have Jo I don't think we'd be in double figures in the win column.

Gene
    I won't say negative things about last years team, but we did not have near the talent last year that we have this year - not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post

Gene
    I agree with you regarding Jo. Were it not for her, we would definitely not be closing in on a winning season. I'm not saying some of these players are amazing. I'm simply saying that you can see potential in some of them, but it flashes hot and cold. No consistency. And since I just said above I would save further comment about Long until after the WAC tourney, I'm going to do my best to keep that commitment. 'Nuff said on that!

Yes, this was a win. And yes, it was ugly. But after a few more games the slate gets wiped clean and we head to the tournament where everyone is theoretically 0-0. Let's hope something happens between now and then to help those with potential to realize it fully, and for both halves of the same game.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

I went to the game last night. I saw to bad basketball teams play each other. The best of the worst won. SJSU is lacking in talent and personnel. I don't know what is the problem with the Techsters. It appears that there is some degree of talent on the team, but it has yet to surface. Without Jo Sneed, this team would be in a big time losing season. The Techsters are no better now than they were in November. Improvement has eluded them. Don't expect it to suddenly appear this season. It appears it isn't going to happen. We will have to wait till next year. But then DR is still in charge. He was wrong about Kim Mulkey and he was wrong about CL. We can only hope that he will have enough sense to hire a highly competent athletic director, and then have sense enough to leave him/her alone to do the job.

I go to the Bulldog games also. They are short on talent but long on desire, hustle, teamwork, and coaching. Kerry Rupp (we can thank Karl Malone for him) has them playing way above their abilities, and he only has 9 players on the roster. If he loses one more player, FAN FROM AFAR is going to have to suit up. It is fun to watch the boys play their hearts out to the final whistle always believing in themselves and their coach. It is no fun watching this year's version of the Techsters because it appears to me that they, for whatever reason, never seem to get into high gear with regard to talent, execution, hustle, desire, perseverance, teamwork, etc.

The fan support continues to decline for both the Dogs and the Techsters. Losing does this. Student body support almost non-existent. Most of the fans present had grey, white or blue hair. DR failed to show up again. He seems to have missed more games this season than usual. Wonder if Kim Mulkey's book had any effect on him. If you haven't read her book, you should. The book will give you some insight, should you need any, into the fact that Tech is about nobody but DR. He soaks up all the glory, but shuns responsibility for any of the failures. He needs to be shown an exit.

Oh well, just wait until next year.

+ Reply to Thread