+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daytona 500

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Daytona 500

Ryan Newman (Alltel #12) won the Daytona 500. Gonna be the talk tomorrow at work.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Daytona 500

My boy Tony threw it away -

Very good showing by the Gibbs bunch and Toyota looked pretty strong -

Just glad Hendrick and Jr didn't win...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Toyota's looked really good all day. Gordon had a good car till his car had some problems. Kyle Bush's car was unbelieveable all day.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I think NASCAR got what they wanted out of the COT -

Plenty of lead changes all day long between all makes -

Real racin starts Sunday in Fontana...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I think NASCAR got what they wanted out of the COT -

Plenty of lead changes all day long between all makes -

Real racin starts Sunday in Fontana...
    I agree about the COT, although I'm not a real big fan of it at all. I like the Fontana race. They get 3 or 4 wide all the time. It gets real exciting.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I heard one of the Busch brothers talking about is that the cars will "get away from you". In other words, you can't drive them in traffic with an arm hanging out the window. I think it's going to put some distance between the top flight drivers and some of the wanna-be's

Didn't get to see the end of it and was disappointed Smoke couldn't pull it off. Was a little surprised it turned out to be Newman. Maybe the COT is going to benefit him because he hasn't won in a couple of years.

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

I expected JR to get out front and lead a lot based upon his speedweeks, but that surprisingly did not happen. And Kyle Busch was the class of the field by far. He just couldn't get it done at the end.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about you guys, but I am still tired of the green white checker finishes from last season. I thought it was great when they went to it, but it seems that every race ends that way now. I find myself wishing they would do one five lap sprint to the end. If another caution comes out during that period its over.

I didn't watch the entire race. Instead I worked on the hood of my project car and checked in periodically. I was so glad I didn't waste my afternoon and when it went to caution with five to go I walked back outside and resumed sanding. I have been a nascar fan for about 8-9 years but have really become complacent and find myself watching the nhra races instead.

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I am still tired of the green white checker finishes from last season. I thought it was great when they went to it, but it seems that every race ends that way now. I find myself wishing they would do one five lap sprint to the end. If another caution comes out during that period its over.

I didn't watch the entire race. Instead I worked on the hood of my project car and checked in periodically. I was so glad I didn't waste my afternoon and when it went to caution with five to go I walked back outside and resumed sanding. I have been a nascar fan for about 8-9 years but have really become complacent and find myself watching the nhra races instead.
    I am in the same boat. Now I find myself getting up WAY too early to watch the F1 races. I still like nascar, but not near as much as I used to.

What kinda project car you got?

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

81 vette that has very little left from 81.

Formula one technology has always impressed me but it seems as though they would rather just make laps rather than pass and race. I think the drag racing is appealing because it moves at a good pace and it is over quickly. Just like nascar or any other form of racing, you have to get to know the drivers before it becomes real interesting.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    I am in the same boat. Now I find myself getting up WAY too early to watch the F1 races. I still like nascar, but not near as much as I used to.
    F1 is my favorite. Went to Indy last year for the US Grand Prix. Too bad it isn't coming back this year. I think I will try to make it to Montreal for the Canadian GP.

I see you made it to post 1000 tonight. Congrats
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    81 vette that has very little left from 81.

Formula one technology has always impressed me but it seems as though they would rather just make laps rather than pass and race. I think the drag racing is appealing because it moves at a good pace and it is over quickly. Just like nascar or any other form of racing, you have to get to know the drivers before it becomes real interesting.
    Depends what you prefer in racing: navigating around traffic or trying to run perfect laps, top end speed or handling, quick reflexes or endurance, rednecks or foreigners.

BTW, this was a very exciting pass (Alonso getting around Massa at the Nurburgring last year).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UM-i8r6bqA
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    F1 is my favorite. Went to Indy last year for the US Grand Prix. Too bad it isn't coming back this year. I think I will try to make it to Montreal for the Canadian GP.

I see you made it to post 1000 tonight. Congrats
    Haha, yeah I am officially interweb worthy now. 4 digit's son, wut!!1!11

Oh yeah I remember you talking about that last year. Lucky bastard. I wish I could have made it to a U.S. GP before it took off. But you know Bernie and how he operates. F1 is my favorite but man, they screw up a lot of things. From race day race control, to how an event is picked, it really is a cluster %$#@. But just follow the $$ and Bernie will be right behind. However in his defense, his wife and daughter are not bad looking haha.

I can't stand the green/white/checker. I also would like to see a 5 lap sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Depends what you prefer in racing: navigating around traffic or trying to run perfect laps, top end speed or handling, quick reflexes or endurance, rednecks or foreigners.
    I believe if you check a little closer you will find that all forms of racing have everything you just mentioned.

As for that video, if they had more racing like that they could capture more fans. Everyone likes that kind of show, but I would be willing to bet someone cried about all the blocking and bumping. I think they need to put some fenders on those cars. Heck, it wouldn't increase the cost much at all!

+ Reply to Thread