+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kidd trade

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Re: Kidd trade

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Lets look at their starters:

Paul vs. Kidd - Paul wins that but not by much. You obviously can't judge Kidd by last night. He is almost averaging a freaking triple double.

Terry vs. Peterson- Terry by a landslide/ Although half the time he comes off the bench with Stackhouse which I think makes the Mavs even tougher.

Chandler vs. Dampier- Chandler

Howard vs. Peja -Josh Howard by a country mile. More points, More rebounds, More assists, more steals, MUCH better defense, better more varied offense, Peja plays ole defense and is frail and might get hurt before the playoffs begin. Peja is a good shooter but he has nothing else and I mean nothing else.

Dirk vs. West

You will see a completely different Mavs team come playoff time. Stackhouse didn't play last night. It was Kidds first game. And Howard was playing hurt.

The Hornets are a nice up and coming team with a very bright future but it ain't happening this year.

If they stay healthy I expect the trophy to be in San Antonio once again.
    I agree except it is Paul by a mile, and I like Kidd alot. Also West vs. Dirk is alot closer, alot closer...West is a better ALL AROUND player than Dirk. But yea San Antonio is still the favorite.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me you are just pushing buttons and don't really believe that. The Mavs were hardly worried about the Hornets when they made that trade. Paul is awesome no doubt, but they are not what the Mavs were worried about. And if you watched the game last night you would have seen Paul have an awesome offensive night. He wasn't the reason Kidd looked bad however. Kidd was passing the ball to nobody half the time and people were passing to places Kidd wasn't. It is going to take a month or so before you can expect Kidd and the rest of the Mavs to be on the same page. PG is the hardest position to make a fast impact like that. When the playoffs come I'll let you put your money where your mouth is when it comes to the Hornets Tyler.

Also the Hornets are not Louisiana's team. They are New Orleans team. Pro teams represent cities. It's not like college. BTW, The Hornets could care less about North La. And from the looks of the crowd last night New Orleans could care less about the Hornets. The have the best record in the West and they can't even fill their floor seats!?!? That was terrible! There were half rows near the court completely empty. Pathetic. If N.O. can't do better than that they might not be in La. much longer Tyler.
    Yada, yada, yada just like your man love for ROMO and the Cowgirls. Aren't you from Louisiana or not? Now if you were born and raised in Texas I understand your problem. But I still can't believe you will still try and pull some of those lame Dallas vs Louisiana comments again. As far as the crowd I thought some of my family talked about it pouring rain last night. Still 15,000 in that town is great for right now.

BTW, the HORNETS are 2-1 vs the Mavs this year. And yes the Saints have won the last 5 in a row against the Cowgirls.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

I went to my first NBA game last night. Hornets vs. Mavs. The Hornets whipped some Mav a**! It was a neat experience that i hope to repeat (aside from the $12 double shot rum drinks I consumed). I also had seats 8 rows from the floor, so that was cool.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

[quote=TYLERTECHSAS;585053]The Mavs did this deal to counter the New Orleans Hornets rise to power in their own division and to counter Chris Paul. Don't tell me you N.Louisiana (Dallas wannabes) guys are rooting for a Dallas team again! When are you going to learn? Your from Louisiana fellas. BE PROUD!]

I'm not. Lot closer to Dallas from where I grew up than it is to New Orleans (just like it is for north Louisianians, too).

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Yada, yada, yada just like your man love for ROMO and the Cowgirls. Aren't you from Louisiana or not? Now if you were born and raised in Texas I understand your problem. But I still can't believe you will still try and pull some of those lame Dallas vs Louisiana comments again. As far as the crowd I thought some of my family talked about it pouring rain last night. Still 15,000 in that town is great for right now.

BTW, the HORNETS are 2-1 vs the Mavs this year. And yes the Saints have won the last 5 in a row against the Cowgirls.
    The only time I have ever lived in Louisiana was my time at Tech. You are funny though Tyler. You try to make a rivalry out of every Dallas vs. N.O. matchup. It simply doesn't exist. The Cowboys rivals are the Skins and the Mavs rivals are the Spurs and Rockets.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Tyler, I like a lot of your viewpoints, especially on politics and religion. But I totally disagree with you about the Dallas vs. NO sports competition. Until the Saints actually put together a string of winning seasons, and are considered a threat in the NFC for several years, and win at least 1 SuperBowl, there is no comparison between the Saints and Cowboys.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

The only time I have ever lived in Louisiana was my time at Tech. You are funny though Tyler. You try to make a rivalry out of every Dallas vs. N.O. matchup. It simply doesn't exist. The Cowboys rivals are the Skins and the Mavs rivals are the Spurs and Rockets.
    You mean teams that have won titles? Who would have thought?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I agree except it is Paul by a mile, and I like Kidd alot. Also West vs. Dirk is alot closer, alot closer...West is a better ALL AROUND player than Dirk. But yea San Antonio is still the favorite.

Any GM in the league would take Dirk over West. You are being a homer or smoking something. Don't forget when looking at the stats that every team goes into a game against Dallas with stopping Dirk as their number 1 priority. He is double teamed almost constantly. West doesn't go through anything remotely similar. Again there wouldn't be one GM that would take West over Dirk. Put the pipe down my friend. Also on Kidd vs. Paul I would take Paul believe me and Paul scores more points but Kidd rebounds like a PF and has more experience which is key in the playoffs. He is also a better defender. I'll take Paul but not by a mile. Not even close.

Watch what happens when the playoffs start Bluecrew. You'll see. We can revisit this conversation in a ccouple of months. Again the Hornets will not make it out of the 2nd round.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Tyler, I like a lot of your viewpoints, especially on politics and religion. But I totally disagree with you about the Dallas vs. NO sports competition. Until the Saints actually put together a string of winning seasons, and are considered a threat in the NFC for several years, and win at least 1 SuperBowl, there is no comparison between the Saints and Cowboys.

I just love pulling a few chains now and then. I'll let Bigdog13 and inudesu slide since they are actually from Texas. But for the rest of the N. Louisiana bandwagon (LSU type) fans that cheer only for winning Dallas teams instead of their true born and/or raised Louisiana teams , I think they are a tad sorry.

TBTW, thanks for the other comments parisdog. I enjoy yours as well.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Any GM in the league would take Dirk over West. You are being a homer or smoking something. Don't forget when looking at the stats that every team goes into a game against Dallas with stopping Dirk as their number 1 priority. He is double teamed almost constantly. West doesn't go through anything remotely similar. Again there wouldn't be one GM that would take West over Dirk. Put the pipe down my friend. Also on Kidd vs. Paul I would take Paul believe me and Paul scores more points but Kidd rebounds like a PF and has more experience which is key in the playoffs. He is also a better defender. I'll take Paul but not by a mile. Not even close.

Watch what happens when the playoffs start Bluecrew. You'll see. We can revisit this conversation in a ccouple of months. Again the Hornets will not make it out of the 2nd round.

Hey I would take Dirk over West but Dirk doesnt play defense or rebound. I think Mavs are a threat dont get me wrong...Believe me when I talk about predictions with ANYBODY I take the "Homer" glasses off. BTW I think "playoff experince" is the most over-rated phrase in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I just love pulling a few chains now and then. I'll let Bigdog13 and inudesu slide since they are actually from Texas. But for the rest of the N. Louisiana bandwagon (LSU type) fans that cheer only for winning Dallas teams instead of their true born and/or raised Louisiana teams , I think they are a tad sorry.

TBTW, thanks for the other comments parisdog. I enjoy yours as well.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I won't go that far - I am from Arkansas (thank God).

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. I won't go that far - I am from Arkansas (thank God).
    You're admitting that on a public forum? :icon_wink:

Hey I would take Dirk over West but Dirk doesnt play defense or rebound. I think Mavs are a threat dont get me wrong...Believe me when I talk about predictions with ANYBODY I take the "Homer" glasses off. BTW I think "playoff experince" is the most over-rated phrase in sports.
    Are you serious? Dirk doesn't rebound?? Huh?? And he is a much better defender than you think. He isn't great by any means but he has quietly gotten much better on defense since he came into the league when he was terrible.

Again, you think Dirk doesn't rebound?? He has averaged about 9 a game throughout his career and he does it while usually playing on the permieter. I follow the NBA pretty closely and have never heard anyone say that before.

Again the stats you see with Dirk are while facing constant double teams with the defense focusing totally on stopping him. You don't give him even close to the credit he deserves.

Believe me he has his weak points but man you are hard on the guy.

Not when it comes to a PG in the NBA Playoffs.

Not when it comes to a PG in the NBA Playoffs.
    well than i'm sure glad the hornets have the best in the league.

+ Reply to Thread