+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Virginia Marbury

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Virginia Marbury

My condolenses to the Marbury family.

Althought I personally never knew either of the Marbury's, I will always remember them as people who made a tremendous contribution to Tech and Ruston.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I was around her on a couple of occasions. VERY intelligent lady with a lot of class. At the same time, I sure would never cross her. She was tough, as well.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

I knew what this thread was about just by the title. I didn't think he would be around very long after Mr. Marbury passed away. Mrs. Virginia was a wonderful person and Tech has truly, truly lost a huge presence. She and Mr. Marbury were two of the kindest people, and also two of the biggest Tech supporters. My heart and prayers go out to the Marbury family.

I had to occasions to interact with both while I was at Tech. The first time was the flight back from an away game when the Managers' seats on the plane were occupied with football players and a couple of us were forced to sit towards the front of the plane with donors and coaches. I remember Mrs. Virginia saying it was ok to sit with her and Mr. Marbury. They asked who I was and what I was studying, and a couple times asked me for a blanket or an extra pillow. For the whole flight, it was like flying with my grandparents. I didn’t see them again for about 3 years, and that was at a political function for John Cooksey. I was working the event directing the younger College Republicans where to park cars and what not. I never saw them arrive, but when the Marburys were ready to leave I personally drove them to their car. They both remembered me from the flight and asked how I had been since the last they spoke to me. Though the conversation was short, Mrs. Virginia gave me her card from the Marbury Foundation and told me to give them a call if I ever needed anything. I never did call, but knowing they remembered who I was after one plane flight made me feel that they would help me in anyway if I asked.

The Tech Family has a huge hole in its collective hearts…but William and Virginia are together again.

+ Reply to Thread