+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did y'all see...

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Did y'all see...

www.ktbs.com has the whole 30+ minute video. If you would like to watch, you are more than welcome to.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

My apologies, I completely misread the story.
    This guy should get the ish beat outta him.

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Man this is all over the national news now too...horrible situation.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, she would have to do a couple of face-first swan dives on the floor to break her face like that! I thought he appeared agitated early on and turned off the camera to take out some frustration. If it was a guy, I could handle it. But this is a WOMAN! I may be old school, but I believe you never handle a woman like a man. I don't care how unreasonable she was acting.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I mean, she would have to do a couple of face-first swan dives on the floor to break her face like that! I thought he appeared agitated early on and turned off the camera to take out some frustration. If it was a guy, I could handle it. But this is a WOMAN! I may be old school, but I believe you never handle a woman like a man. I don't care how unreasonable she was acting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Whitehorn's press release
    Before being transported from the scene, she was treated by Shreveport Fire Department paramedics for facial injuries resulting from the vehicle crashes.

She was then transported to the DWI Unit office at police headquarters and released to Officer Wiley Willis for testing and processing. As is seen in the videotape, Mrs. Garbarino was uncooperative and declined to follow Officer Willis’ instructions. After repeated attempts to leave the room, she was eventually handcuffed.

Once Officer Willis determined she was not going to submit to the chemical test for intoxication, he decided to end the testing procedure which included the videotaping. Turning off the tape at this point was standard procedure.
    I'm hearing that this procedure will now be changed for obvious reasons.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I just watched the entire 34 minute tape.

She was uncooperative throughout even with the EMTs.

She threw every name out that she could to try and intimidate the officer.

She states several times after the tape is restarted that he threw her against the wall and to the floor...her words not his.

She had a wreak less than a hour before this occurred. The shoulder, back, hip, and lip are all a result of the wreck. At one point in the tape, it looked as though she had some facial swelling particularly around the eyes but almost impossibl to know for sure.

If she was as uncooperative after the tape was turned off as she was before, I can honestly ssee how a 20 second scuffle could result in the facial injuries she suffered.

Based on her spoken words (that she uttered at least 4 times during the EMT work), I think she refused to do as he asked and they got into a scuffle. I bet she tried to leave the room for the fourth time. I suspect the scuffle was mutual and she ended up hitting a wall...whether he threw her to the floor or she deadweight fell is anyone's guess (including probably either one of them).

There is a reason I was never a policeman...I'd have slapped the shit out of her on the tape about 2 minutes into it.

I suspect Willis wishes he had not turned the tape off for those 30 or so seconds.

Finally, I spoke to a retired 30-year CPSO captain about this matter; he's been retired for 2 years. He knows the woman well...she's a nut and tends to pull a cork...she has a history. However, he said that you learn over time when to deviate from the script. He said this could have all been averted by letting her make her one call. Eventhough she wasn't yet entitled to make the call, he would have let her to get her to calm down. As for the rest of my post above, he suspects it went just about like I guessed...20 second scuffle with her screaming and kicking and then falling.
    Last edited by CARTEK; 02-21-2008 at 09:55 AM.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Probably a situation when a well placed taze would have done some good.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    I just watched the entire 34 minute tape.

She was uncooperative throughout even with the EMTs.

She threw every name out that she could to try and intimidate the officer.

She states several times after the tape is restarted that he threw her against the wall and to the floor...her words not his.

She had a wreak less than a hour before this occurred. The shoulder, back, hip, and lip are all a result of the wreck. At one point in the tape, it looked as though she had some facial swelling particularly around the eyes but almost impossibl to know for sure.

If she was as uncooperative after the tape was turned off as she was before, I can honestly ssee how a 20 second scuffle could result in the facial injuries she suffered.

Based on her spoken words (that she uttered at least 4 times during the EMT work), I think she refused to do as he asked and they got into a scuffle. I bet she tried to leave the room for the fourth time. I suspect the scuffle was mutual and she ended up hitting a wall...whether he threw her to the floor or she deadweight fell is anyone's guess (including probably either one of them).

There is a reason I was never a policeman...I'd have slapped the shit out of her on the tape about 2 minutes into it.

I suspect Willis wishes he had not turned the tape off for those 30 or so seconds.
    I don't deny she was belligerent and uncooperative. However, there were many things he could've done (or at least attempted) to help her calm down. At the very least, get somebody else in the room to help handle the situation. If you know somebody's hands are cuffed (and they are helpless to protect themselves in case of a fall), DON'T SLING THEM AROUND! There is a difference between restraining someone and manhandling them.

By the way, you NEVER slap a woman!

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Probably a situation when a well placed taze would have done some good.
    you mean something like this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWaCD6jIH5Q

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I don't deny she was belligerent and uncooperative. However, there were many things he could've done (or at least attempted) to help her calm down. At the very least, get somebody else in the room to help handle the situation. If you know somebody's hands are cuffed (and they are helpless to protect themselves in case of a fall), DON'T SLING THEM AROUND! There is a difference between restraining someone and manhandling them.

By the way, you NEVER slap a woman!
    Not to be a jerk, but you are Monday morning quarterbacking now. Hindsight is always 20/20.

There may not have been a spare officer around to witness the events. They could have all been busy, or this could be how 90% of the drunks act and he didn't suspect it would get any worse.

You are speculating on the slinging around part, if she tried to exit and he grabbed her it is certainly plausible that a scuffle ensued and she ended up getting slammed to the wall. It is also plausible that when she hit the wall that she and even he fell deadweight to the ground. Many times people get manhandled because of the way they are struggling. Not saying he was right, but I can sure see how she could have made the matter worse.

As for slapping a woman, please don't moralize. You don't slap ladies, women is a case-by-case issue because some of them can and will kick your ass faster than any man ever will!

Finally, I suspect Willis wishes he could do this over but he will never get the chance. Even if totally innocent of abuse, he will never serve as a police officer again.

Not to be a jerk, but you are Monday morning quarterbacking now. Hindsight is always 20/20.

There may not have been a spare officer around to witness the events. They could have all been busy, or this could be how 90% of the drunks act and he didn't suspect it would get any worse.

You are speculating on the slinging around part, if she tried to exit and he grabbed her it is certainly plausible that a scuffle ensued and she ended up getting slammed to the wall. It is also plausible that when she hit the wall that she and even he fell deadweight to the ground. Many times people get manhandled because of the way they are struggling. Not saying he was right, but I can sure see how she could have made the matter worse.

As for slapping a woman, please don't moralize. You don't slap ladies, women is a case-by-case issue because some of them can and will kick your ass faster than any man ever will!

Finally, I suspect Willis wishes he could do this over but he will never get the chance. Even if totally innocent of abuse, he will never serve as a police officer again.
    True, I'm speculating just as you are. I also agree that it's much easier to criticize in retrospect. Even so, it wasn't like she posed a threat to the officer. If you want to go into that line of work, you need to be skilled in DISCRETION. He showed a substantial lack thereof!

Sorry, it's extremely difficult for me not to view how a man should treat a woman as a moral issue. Personally, I'm not gonna slap or fight a woman--period. It's a matter of pride.

True, I'm speculating just as you are. I also agree that it's much easier to criticize in retrospect. Even so, it wasn't like she posed a threat to the officer. If you want to go into that line of work, you need to be skilled in DISCRETION. He showed a substantial lack thereof!

Sorry, it's extremely difficult for me not to view how a man should treat a woman as a moral issue. Personally, I'm not gonna slap or fight a woman--period. It's a matter of pride.
    I think he showed a great deal of discretion prior to the tape being cut. His error was not letting her make a call.

You obviously hang around ladies. I've seen women pull knives and guns faster than any man.

As a side note, females are often able to get out of handcuffs. That's why policemen do not like having to deal with them.

I think he showed a great deal of discretion prior to the tape being cut. His error was not letting her make a call.

You obviously hang around ladies. I've seen women pull knives and guns faster than any man.

As a side note, females are often able to get out of handcuffs. That's why policemen do not like having to deal with them.
    Not to argue in circles (I appreciate the discussion) but, his "restraint" appeared very superficial to me. I thought you could see glimpses of his inward rage early on. Even his insistence on "protocol" seemed smug and vindictive. I think he acted differently with the camera off. Why did he turn it back on after she was on the ground?

By the way, I work with inner city youth. Some of the gruffest ones are just sweet little girls on the inside.

He is appealing to the Civil Service board, and could get his job back if they choose to allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    He is appealing to the Civil Service board, and could get his job back if they choose to allow it.
    In your professional opinion, why would he turn the tape back on after she was on the ground?

+ Reply to Thread