+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Former Tech student makes it big in India

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Re: Former Tech student makes it big in India

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Because it wasn't so bad. This is simply another case of a person who wants to guilt people into support. You see it all the time these days. People want others to feel sorry for them in the hopes that they will get by on the pity rather than any true accomplishment so they make it seem like their lives have been much more difficult than they actually were.
    Quite possibly the best post ever on this board.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Everybody has a narrow mind...the question is, which direction is it pointed. Cultural influence sways folks all kinds of different ways.

That's all I got...if I keep reading this thread, I'm gonna blow a gasket.
    Be careful Johnny. If you don't agree with everything everyone does you will be labeled "intolerant", of course if they disagree with what you believe they are progressive, tolerant and politically correct.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Be careful Johnny. If you don't agree with everything everyone does you will be labeled "intolerant", of course if they disagree with what you believe they are progressive, tolerant and politically correct.
    No, I believe I am narrow minded, as well. That is why I did not disagree with the accusation earlier. We all are stuck in our cultural biased upbringing. Some reach out for more information and learn more and some don't. Just because someone doesn't agree with me, does not tell me that they have or have not done that.

I will further my earlier post by saying that it does NOT surprise me that there are people on here that think this young person is a "freak". It does NOT surprise me that there are people that think that homosexuality is wrong. It does NOT surprise me that there are some people that think it is a choice. It does NOT surprise me that some people believe that homosexuality is against their religion. It DOES SURPRISE me that someone can post that someone is a "freak", a "nut", or other such descriptors AND think that there is no hate. Amazing.....

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    If a female is born as a female, then that makes her a girl. If a boy is born, then he is a boy. What the hell is all this a boy being born into a girls body? Are you kidding? How in the hell is a female born into a males body? If she was born a female, then she is a female. If she is a female and wants to be a male, then she is a freak, or transexual, or whatever you want to call her/him/it.
    I don't think I can respond to this. It is an established truth. Some parents even make a decision at birth on what sex their child will be, because some children are born with elements of both genders. I can post some links, if you wish. By the way, that is exactly what we are talking about. Homosexuality is different from Transgendered and Transexuality.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    No, I believe I am narrow minded, as well. That is why I did not disagree with the accusation earlier. We all are stuck in our cultural biased upbringing. Some reach out for more information and learn more and some don't. Just because someone doesn't agree with me, does not tell me that they have or have not done that.

I will further my earlier post by saying that it does NOT surprise me that there are people on here that think this young person is a "freak". It does NOT surprise me that there are people that think that homosexuality is wrong. It does NOT surprise me that there are some people that think it is a choice. It does NOT surprise me that some people believe that homosexuality is against their religion. It DOES SURPRISE me that someone can post that someone is a "freak", a "nut", or other such descriptors AND think that there is no hate. Amazing.....
    I can go along with that. I just think that one can think homosexuality is wrong without hating homosexuals or being "homophobic."

What kills me are people that call themselves Christians showing hate towards anyone. I have taken many Bible studies, go to church almost every Sunday and read the Bible often and I have yet to read/learn where that is ok. A lot of hate towards Christians is brought on by ourselves. On the flip side Christians shouldn't change their beliefs to be "progressive" or politically correct or even to avoid controversy.

I think we disagree on what we think is right and wrong Champ but I think we are pretty close on how people need to be treated.

I can go along with that. I just think that one can think homosexuality is wrong without hating homosexuals or being "homophobic."

What kills me are people that call themselves Christians showing hate towards anyone. I have taken many Bible studies, go to church almost every Sunday and read the Bible often and I have yet to read/learn where that is ok. A lot of hate towards Christians is brought on by ourselves. On the flip side Christians shouldn't change their beliefs to be "progressive" or politically correct or even to avoid controversy.

I think we disagree on what we think is right and wrong Champ but I think we are pretty close on how people need to be treated.
    Agreed

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I agree 100%. But, the hate you are talking about is brought about by a few- on both sides of any issue. The majority of people leave people alone. I would be very shocked if Ruston was a hot bed for people getting in this woman's face or being ugly. As I said earlier, I am sure she was just left alone- there is no hate there-maybe indifference.
    Last edited by Cal&Ken; 02-23-2008 at 09:57 PM.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

I don't think I can respond to this. It is an established truth. Some parents even make a decision at birth on what sex their child will be, because some children are born with elements of both genders. I can post some links, if you wish. By the way, that is exactly what we are talking about. Homosexuality is different from Transgendered and Transexuality.
    Has anyone established whether she is transexual or transgender?

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Not sure. Sounds like transexual from the article, but it doesn't state specifically.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Champ, I don't agree with you on anything and could probably use a few adjectives if I were describing you- but, there is no hate - I just know you are wrong- and I am sure you think I am as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Champ, I don't agree with you on anything and could probably use a few adjectives if I were describing you- but, there is no hate - I just know you are wrong- and I am sure you think I am as well.
    I love adjectives. Being described with them just means that I have character.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

[quote=champion110;585005]She is a transexual, which is a female born into a male's body.quote]

soooooooooooooooooo, thats kinda like a peanut M&M? is it really a chocolate candy with a peanut inside or is it a peanut with chocolate on the side?

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post

I can establish that she is a democrat and a freak, that wants attention
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Homosexuality is wrong.

But, of course, there is no hate.

+ Reply to Thread