+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bassmaster Classic In Shreveport/Bosier/2009!!!

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Bassmaster Classic In Shreveport/Bosier/2009!!!

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...WS01/802210345

I remember when they had one of the qualifying tourneys in Shreveport. It was quite a show! BTW, my stringer for that day would have placed in the top 5- never underestimate the power of old-school topwater baits like the tiny torpedo or pop-r! The sports show in conjunction with the tourney should be awesome. Anybody that wants to drag their boat to Shreveport and needs a local river-rat to show them around that weekend just let me know.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Big Dog Tech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really nice Tech09's Avatar

Re: Bassmaster Classic In Shreveport/Bosier/2009!!!

I read Wed. Times article about the Classic in South Carolina this year and thought how awesome it would if Shreveport/Bossier City could host one. I am looking forward to this event in 2009, pretty impressive if you ask me that we landed this tournament.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

The last couple of times it was in New Orleans I went, and loved it. The second to last one, the guy who won fished at my little area. I hardly every go for bass though.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

[quote=marketdawg;585029]
    never underestimate the power of old-school topwater baits like the tiny torpedo or pop-r! quote]

man you are "old school" arent ya. I was raised on tiny torpedos and to this day, no matter the time of year, thats the first thing i try. My dad was a believer in the power if the torpedo and the H&H and if they didnt bite either one, it was time to head to the house. Now, if you know what a "hounds tooth" torpedo is, THAT is old school and the only one my dad used back in the day. :icon_wink:

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Cool we get to watch people weigh fish!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    The last couple of times it was in New Orleans I went, and loved it. The second to last one, the guy who won fished at my little area. I hardly every go for bass though.

I went to the one in 2003, I believe, and had a blast. Jay Yelas, 2002 Bass Master Classic Champion, 2002 FLW Angler of the Year Top bass fishermen and world champion goes to our church here in Tyler and was teaching my middle son in SS at the time. Great guy!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I went to two of these in Pine Bluff back in the early days of the Classic. It was a lot of fun -- if you're a fisherman. If you're not, you'll probably wonder "what's the big deal about watching somebody weigh fish?"

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

From the looks of the crowds at Greenville over the weekend, Shreveport/Bossier should be in for a massive injection of funds.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

I hear it's back in the big easy for 2011, if so, I'll be there.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    If you're not, you'll probably wonder "what's the big deal about watching somebody weigh fish?"
    I am an admitted fish catcher. If they don't bite regular and often I am ready to go and I also don't understand the excitement about these tournaments unless you participate.

My neighbor fishes and twice in the last several months I have taken him up on his offer of fish he has caught. After rasslin' with those snot covered things that I didn't catch I am ready to just go buy my fish at Sonny's Seafood.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I am an admitted fish catcher. If they don't bite regular and often I am ready to go and I also don't understand the excitement about these tournaments unless you participate.

My neighbor fishes and twice in the last several months I have taken him up on his offer of fish he has caught. After rasslin' with those snot covered things that I didn't catch I am ready to just go buy my fish at Sonny's Seafood.
    Unless it's changed, it's actually a huge outdoors show, with a weigh-in attached to it. Think Boat Show on steroids.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

That makes sense. I should have known all those sponsors would have their goods out on display.

+ Reply to Thread