+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USU upsets Nevada

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

USU upsets Nevada

Our next opponent, Utah State, upset Nevada last night in Utah 56-48. Nevada falls to 9-4 in conference play. I hope this 12 day layoff doesn't leave us rusty. We have to come out and put USU away early. The "JUST WIN" mantra is more important than ever for us. Seeding Seeding Seeding..........

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Re: USU upsets Nevada

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Our next opponent, Utah State, upset Nevada last night in Utah 56-48. Nevada falls to 9-4 in conference play. I hope this 12 day layoff doesn't leave us rusty. We have to come out and put USU away early. The "JUST WIN" mantra is more important than ever for us. Seeding Seeding Seeding..........
    As we've always known but learned the hard way this year, no game is a gimme. If we can beat Nevada at home, it would likely mean we're a four seed, which if things stay the way they are, would mean being in the Fresno bracket.

Not sure if that's a good thing...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    As we've always known but learned the hard way this year, no game is a gimme. If we can beat Nevada at home, it would likely mean we're a four seed, which if things stay the way they are, would mean being in the Fresno bracket.

Not sure if that's a good thing...
    The conference race is confusing this year. I really believe that Boise is playing better than Fresno right now. Fresno has a tough stretch coming up, so they may drop 1 or 2 games. If they do (and Boise wins out), Fresno would be the 2 seed and Boise the 1.

NMSU has 3 losses, so they are most likely the 3 seed (although even that isn't for sure).

Nevada has 4 losses and we have 6. Nevada would need to lose one before they get to us in order for us to have a chance at the 4 seed. Even then, we would both finish with 6 losses and, if the tie breaker is the overall record, they get the 4. We may need for them to lose 3 more games (one from us) for us to have a chance at the 4 spot. I can't remember what the tie breaker is in the WAC.

For the tournament, I would like to see the following:
    Bracket 1: Fresno vs. Idaho/SJSU winner, NMSU vs. Hawaii
    Bracket 2: Boise vs. Hawaii, Nevada vs. Techsters,

We would have to depend on NMSU beating Fresno, though. Now if Fresno loses 2 more games, they will go into a tie with NMSU. That would set up the possibility of Fresno and Boise being in the same bracket with us, NMSU, and Nevada in the other one. I REALLY like that, but I doubt it will happen.

Confused? I sure am. In fact, I am not going to stand by the validity of this post.

Fresno has 1 loss right now, but still have to play NMSU twice and Nevada. They could lose all 3 of those and that would knock them down past Boise and NMSU. Of course, that is unlikely, but possible.

Boise just has SJSU, Hawaii, and USU left. They will, probably, win out and finish with 2 losses.

NMSU has Hawaii, Fresno State twice, and Nevada left. They COULD win all the rest of their games. However, it is much more likely that they will drop 2 of their last 4. If they do that, they will finish with 5 losses. If they lose to Fresno twice and to Nevada, it puts them at a tie with us (if we win out).

Nevada has us, NMSU, and Fresno left. They could possibly lose all three. If they do, they finish with 7 losses and come in 5th place.

We have to just win out and hope for the best scenario. There are way too many possibilities left to guess – but it is fun to guess.

Currently:
    Fresno has 1 loss
    Boise has 2 losses
    NMSU has 3 losses
    Nevada has 4 losses
    Tech has 6 losses

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post

Currently:
    Fresno has 1 loss
    Boise has 2 losses
    NMSU has 3 losses
    Nevada has 4 losses
    Tech has 6 losses
    Just for the record...

...this list makes me want to vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Just for the record...

...this list makes me want to vomit.
    It makes all of us sick - believe me.

The sweep by Fresno State and Boise did us in. Just a few more games and we have a new season, though. Just hope we start it 3-0.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

USU now beats Fresno.

UTEP is making some noise. They're no. 19 now and moving up.
    ________
    VIDEO REVIEWS
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    USU now beats Fresno.

UTEP is making some noise. They're no. 19 now and moving up.
    USU winning is amazing. So now, Boise and Fresno are tied for the lead with Fresno having a tough schedule ahead. My guess is Fresno loses 2 more.

We better watch out for USU in our next game. Sounds like their defense has really improved. They are only a game and a half in front of us.

Also, my wishes for the tournament now have changed some. I was hoping Fresno and Boise would be on the same side of the bracket. It could be NMSU sneaks up and takes 2nd place and that would make it happen. However, we may want USU on the side with Fresno. Apparently, they have some stingy defense that might could hurt Fresno. Either that or Fresno had a horrible night of shooting. I was not expecting USU to be the one that upset Fresno. I was thinking it would be NMSU. With NMSU twice and Nevada left on Fresno's schedule, Boise has a clear advantage to the championship.

+ Reply to Thread