+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sports Clips and Chase???

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Sports Clips and Chase???

I think this is where the old Applebee's thread on this subject was, so I'll put my remarks here. My DH had a cut there this week and told me except for a few pro sports items, the place had purple stuff everywhere? Is that true? I'm thinking I heard Buskirk say on Fox & Co. they were a new Tech sponsor, and if so, I don't want to say anything negative about a new sponsro. And seems like Fox & Co. had a show from there at the grand opening? Was it decked out in purple then? If so, does that not matter to all of you who had a stroke over Applebee's and their decor? If true, maybe if asked nicely they'll fix it??

Which reminds me that when I went into the Chase branch bank in Monroe on 165 a couple of weeks ago the first thing I saw was purple caps at each teller window. I asked the guy if they didn't have any maroon caps. (I know we "loathe" ULM, but, geez, this was 10 feet from their campus.) The guy just shrugged and said he guessed not. I continued on and said, well, I guess you don't have any red and blue ones either? I think that's rather stupid of Chase to have purple stuff up here in a branch one block off ULM's campus and also in Tech territory. Good grief!

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Sports Clips and Chase???

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    I think this is where the old Applebee's thread on this subject was, so I'll put my remarks here. My DH had a cut there this week and told me except for a few pro sports items, the place had purple stuff everywhere? Is that true? I'm thinking I heard Buskirk say on Fox & Co. they were a new Tech sponsor, and if so, I don't want to say anything negative about a new sponsro. And seems like Fox & Co. had a show from there at the grand opening? Was it decked out in purple then? If so, does that not matter to all of you who had a stroke over Applebee's and their decor? If true, maybe if asked nicely they'll fix it??

Which reminds me that when I went into the Chase branch bank in Monroe on 165 a couple of weeks ago the first thing I saw was purple caps at each teller window. I asked the guy if they didn't have any maroon caps. (I know we "loathe" ULM, but, geez, this was 10 feet from their campus.) The guy just shrugged and said he guessed not. I continued on and said, well, I guess you don't have any red and blue ones either? I think that's rather stupid of Chase to have purple stuff up here in a branch one block off ULM's campus and also in Tech territory. Good grief!
    I used to be a Bank One, which is now chase, customer back in the day. Well, they became the "official bank of baton rouge" and put that crap in the main branch down town. I dropped them like a hot 'tater and moved my account to Community Trust and have never been disappointed. Not sure you could go wrong with either them or First National of ruston.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    I used to be a Bank One, which is now chase, customer back in the day. Well, they became the "official bank of baton rouge" and put that crap in the main branch down town. I dropped them like a hot 'tater and moved my account to Community Trust and have never been disappointed. Not sure you could go wrong with either them or First National of ruston.
    I would bet that lsu stuff is in there because the local manager wants it there. I say this because I have never seen lsu stuff in the Chase branches in the Shreveport area.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

They have a few tech things but are working with Tech for more.

They have Saints, LSU, nascar, braves, spurs, and thats what I can remember off the top of my head. The owners are from south La.

They said that the main priority is to get more Tech stuff.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, bluecrew. It just puzzled me that y'all/ (that's an inclusive y'all, not meant just for bluecrew) hadn't jumped on them like everyone did Applebee's. Reckon they might find some Hornet stuff? Not that I'm a major fan, but with NO Saints stuff and out of state Spurs seems like they would/could. Didn't y'all have a discussion one day about getting the Hornets more pr/coverage up here?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

The one in Little Rock has general NFL, NBA, MBL, nascar, and a few Razorback stuff. Also they have an out-of-place Duke flag.

I hope they can remove the LSU stuff and add Ruston High, Cedar Creek, Grambling, and Tech stuff.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Thanks, bluecrew. It just puzzled me that y'all/ (that's an inclusive y'all, not meant just for bluecrew) hadn't jumped on them like everyone did Applebee's. Reckon they might find some Hornet stuff? Not that I'm a major fan, but with NO Saints stuff and out of state Spurs seems like they would/could. Didn't y'all have a discussion one day about getting the Hornets more pr/coverage up here?

your right, and that was the first question we asked(tech stuff).

I'm one of those few people who dont care about LSU stuff in sports places as long as it is in moderation and there is more tech stuff. My wife is NOW (wasnt when it first opened) one of the managers in Applebees in Ruston and Monroe.

The corporation sends the wall decorations down, with very little input from the local stores.

Tech fans did a good job of putting a fuss about LSU gear in the store( they actually took it down and that doesn happen often). However she is questioned often as to why there is no 0 LSU stuff in the store? Apparently there are some LSU alums who live in the area!

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

An interesting story about SportClips: I stopped in there the other day and the lady cutting my hair (Don't remember her name) asked if I was a Tech fan. I, of course, said yes, and she asked if I went to the basketball games. I told her not only did I go, I sit on the front row! She asked me if I knew who Charlie Bishop was. I said, not only do I know who he is, I watched him play ball at Tech when I was a kid. She is his daughter. She said Charlie has had both knees replaced, had complications and is now in a wheelchair, but is trying to rehab himself so he can walk again. I thought this was a pretty good Tech connection for SportClips.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    your right, and that was the first question we asked(tech stuff).

I'm one of those few people who dont care about LSU stuff in sports places as long as it is in moderation and there is more tech stuff. My wife is NOW (wasnt when it first opened) one of the managers in Applebees in Ruston and Monroe.

The corporation sends the wall decorations down, with very little input from the local stores.

Tech fans did a good job of putting a fuss about LSU gear in the store( they actually took it down and that doesn happen often). However she is questioned often as to why there is no 0 LSU stuff in the store? Apparently there are some LSU alums who live in the area!
    Big freakin' deal. There are quite a few alumni from other state schools here in Baton Rouge, but you don't see their schools' colors hanging in the sports bars and restaraunts. Tell the LSU alums if they don't like it, move their asses to Baton Rouge. That's the problem I have with you Tech sports people (even though, personally, I idolize you). You justify all your worshiping at the LSU altars by the fact that there are LSU alumni in your areas. That doesn't seem to affect other regions with sports programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Big freakin' deal. There are quite a few alumni from other state schools here in Baton Rouge, but you don't see their schools' colors hanging in the sports bars and restaraunts. Tell the LSU alums if they don't like it, move their asses to Baton Rouge. That's the problem I have with you Tech sports people (even though, personally, I idolize you). You justify all your worshiping at the LSU altars by the fact that there are LSU alumni in your areas. That doesn't seem to affect other regions with sports programs.

Well thank you, its nice to have a fan....I always knew you had taste. I'm just spreadin the message. I personally dont care but I respect and understand those that do.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    I work at CTB and it's so nice being a part of a business that is so involved in Tech...

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    However she is questioned often as to why there is no 0 LSU stuff in the store? Apparently there are some LSU alums who live in the area!
    Because this is a TECH town and you can get flooded with LSpoo stuff EVERYWHERE else in the state.

I wish that more people had the balls to stand up and say that.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Because this is a TECH town and you can get flooded with LSpoo stuff EVERYWHERE else in the state.

I wish more places would be like Canes. Founded by LSU students but still they represent their area schools. Sports Clips is working on getting more. That is fine for now. The last thing we need is for them to turn into another Hibbetts.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I wish more places would be like Canes. Founded by LSU students but still they represent their area schools. Sports Clips is working on getting more. That is fine for now. The last thing we need is for them to turn into another Hibbetts.
    That place should just close... if I lived in Ruston, I would NEVER purchase a thing from them.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post

yep I wish people had more balls to.

+ Reply to Thread