+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Tech/ULM Game

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: Tech/ULM Game

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Maybe I look at it wrong...but I figure if a school's mascot ANNOYS the opposing fans, He/She are doing their job.

Thats what it's all about, in my opinion...pumping up your crowd and ticking off the opponents...sounds like the Chicken Man did his job.

As long as he's not using abusive language or gestures, or throwing liquids on fans, I have no problem with it. Abominable is right, he took his fair share of criticism for being annoying, but its all part of the fun that is college sports.
    Ok maybe annoying is the wrong word. I am talking about how incredibly gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) their mascot is. Nothing like watching him bust a move when one of those "gangstas" for ULM comes up to bat.

The annoying I guess came from him constantly chasing kids right in front of us.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Your mascot even disappeared by the 7th inning (which I am not complaining about because his constant running was annoying).
    I think I found their mascot. It was sort of a Michael Jackson moment. Just as ULM was rallying, I saw "Ace" creepily playing hide and seek with a couple of little kids in the dark alley behind the bathrooms. Weird!

There is one thing I do like about ULM's games--the promotions ("dirtiest car in the lot" gets a car wash, Most Valuable Fan gets a free oil change, a number inside the program wins a trinket from the bookstore). I think these things help keep fans in their seats and into the game--except at ULM, one of our fans won the "trinket" because most of theirs were gone.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

And I know at times we can't speak either but is it too much to ask to atleast try and update the "At Bat" part of the scoreboard? It stayed on Drew Bunting through the entire 1st half of the inning.

And I never felt so proud to say my uncle went to ULM than when they forgot to play the trotting around bases after homerun music after the guy was heading towards the dugout.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    It was 2,405.
    How did they come up with that number? They don't have a turnstile so it obviously had to be a guess. I don't buy it. Sure ULM had their section in the bleachers packed out. And there were a lot of people on the baselines. But ULM fan says most of the fans stayed until the end on the 3rd base side and I wouldn't say there was more than 100 there when I saw.

Big Dog dj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    I've got the unfortunate situation of working on the ULM campus right now......and let me tell you, the LSU stuff is very prominent.

I see a 3:1 ratio of other schools versus chickenhawk stuff. I saw michigan, oregan, and loads and loads of LSU stuff the other day, and only one or two chickenhawk clad students.
    I worked at ULM for five years 00-05, and I always saw a ton of LSU stuff also alot of UT Longhorns gear as well.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

It appears that Letlow realizes that "Packed" may not have been the proper adjective to describe the stadium last night...

One word of advice to ULM administrators though -- let fans move into the bench seats after the third inning or so if they're empty. More than that, encourage them to take the seats.

Many fans are now choosing to watch the game from one of the "ballpark communities" at Warhawk Field -- the left field lounge, the Diamond Club area, or the student section. The stadium looks too vacant when you keep those unclaimed seats off limits.

Translation: We gave this game too much hype to have all those seats empty in the 6th inning. The TV cameras make us look bad.

+ Reply to Thread