+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You Really Ought to Go to a Game!

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

You Really Ought to Go to a Game!

Last Saturday I corrected a situation that has been long lingering....a little over 30 years.

In my years at Tech and since then, I never darkened the doors of J C Love field. And I like to go to baseball games. There was always just stuff going on so I never made it to a game.

But because of what I've been hearing on radio (and to a lesser extent on TV) and the enthusiasm for the Dawgs baseball team on this board, I sprung for a couple of season tickets. With seat backs no less. Saturday, I took a break from my tax season blues, and went to my first Tech baseball game. It wasn't just a good ballgame, it was a GREAT ballgame.

These guys who play for us, are very good. And they conduct themselves like high quality Pros. They work as a team. We got pitchers who can bring the heat and throw the junk. Fielders make the plays they should make and a lot they shouldn't. And we're aggressive on the base paths. And these guys are BIG and they're fast! Everything is done with power.

PLUS THE FIELD IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

Folks, if you haven't been to a game, you gotta go! You simply gotta go! If it's been a while, you need to go back! Our team and coaching staff has earned our support. We need to come through for them and get our butts in the bleachers.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: You Really Ought to Go to a Game!

Very well said.....and for those who aren't as fortunate as some of us who will be at College Station this weekend,the friday & sunday games will be on CoxSportsTelevision.When we start playing our conference foes,the games will be very intense and important so we will need big crowds to come out and get behind the team.Glad you got season tickets....better late than never.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Re: You Really Ought to Go to a Game!

Well said! I think it's a pretty good setting for a baseball game. The only thing I wish could be changed is to make the distances to the fence about 15 to 20 feet longer, but there isn't the room to do that. Or, have college do away with the metal bats. That would have about the same effect.
    Go Tech!

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg View Post
    Well said! I think it's a pretty good setting for a baseball game. The only thing I wish could be changed is to make the distances to the fence about 15 to 20 feet longer, but there isn't the room to do that. Or, have college do away with the metal bats. That would have about the same effect.
    I think it's a good thing for us, because we have good pitching and can hit for power.
    It's a good fit for us.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Last Saturday I corrected a situation that has been long lingering....a little over 30 years.

In my years at Tech and since then, I never darkened the doors of J C Love field. And I like to go to baseball games. There was always just stuff going on so I never made it to a game.

But because of what I've been hearing on radio (and to a lesser extent on TV) and the enthusiasm for the Dawgs baseball team on this board, I sprung for a couple of season tickets. With seat backs no less. Saturday, I took a break from my tax season blues, and went to my first Tech baseball game. It wasn't just a good ballgame, it was a GREAT ballgame.

These guys who play for us, are very good. And they conduct themselves like high quality Pros. They work as a team. We got pitchers who can bring the heat and throw the junk. Fielders make the plays they should make and a lot they shouldn't. And we're aggressive on the base paths. And these guys are BIG and they're fast! Everything is done with power.

PLUS THE FIELD IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

Folks, if you haven't been to a game, you gotta go! You simply gotta go! If it's been a while, you need to go back! Our team and coaching staff has earned our support. We need to come through for them and get our butts in the bleachers.
    Team is great;
    Field is great;
    Coaches are great;

It's a great time at JC Love. There are also LOTS of BBB members there including several on the Visitor's dugout giving the other team hell. :icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread