+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: McCain’s Extra-Territorial Birth Raises Questions About Ability to Become President

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: McCain’s Extra-Territorial Birth Raises Questions About Ability to Become Preside

All 3 of them suck. This is a terrible election.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: McCain’s Extra-Territorial Birth Raises Questions About Ability to Become Preside

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    I don't know about y'all but I don't live in Europe, my bank account is not denominated in Euros, and I won't be retiring to Europe.
    Neither do I, but for a nation that cannot support itself with goods and has to import many goods, this is not a good thing. Inflationary pressures are already coming. We are almost in stagflation. Business cycles come and go and under Clinton we had a 108 month business cycle, there was giong to be a huge come back down to Earth, but politicians dont want this to happen. So, Bush and congress have increased government spending and cut taxes, thus leading to the dollar going down the crapper for the sake of not letting the economy cool naturally.

To Tyler, all blame does not fall at Bush's feet, Congress is definitely as bad. He is the head man in charge. He didnt want to be seen as a total failure for doing some unpopular things, so he isnt going to make any of the hard decisions that need to be made (ie cut spending). He is just going to roll in another 400 billion dollar deficit and let someone else make the tough, unpopular decisions. I dont know if any politicians has the balls to do so.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Show me the numbers and compare inflation, unemployment rates, and gains in net income as well.

We might have propped up okay for a while, but mark my words, the weak dollar is going to end up biting us. It is going to lead to very high interest rates. Matter of fact, I am looking to buy a house soon while interest rates are low. The US government will not let a natural recession happen through propping things up (injecting more money into the system, cutting interest rates), this will all come to a superhead, which will lead to high interest rates or runaway inflation, one or the other. Americans will find it harder to buy foreign goods and in case you havent noticed, we cant support ourselves. What is net income increases when the currency your income is judged in is losing value compared to all other currencies? We are starting to see inflationary pressure now. One of the main reasons oil has gone through the roof is that it is pegged on the dollar. I am not sure what your point is. If you think the US economy is in good shape, you are in a small minority.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    What has Obama accomplished in his storied 2-year career in the Senate? Tell you what, I'll make a list of McCain's accomplishments and you make one of Obama's. My list will take a legal pad; yours will take a post-it note.
    Educate yourself. Ignorance is not bliss. If McCain tries to ride the "Obama hasnt done anything in his career" train, it will go down in flames.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama#Senate_career
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    That's all fine and good mildawg. But keep in mind, I'd STRONGLY prefer a do-nothing government to a Bush/McCain government. The government's job is to keep out of my way, not to "accomplish" things!

I used to think that the best possible case, short of having someone like Ron Paul in the White House, was to have a president of one party and a congress controlled by the other party. Well, Bush and the democratic congress have pretty much blown through that.

I will give McCain credit for one thing (that makes him better than Bush) -- he will actually use the veto pen for pork. I think McCain is probably a marginally better candidate than Obama, simply on agenda (the war case only takes Obama so far -- he's wrong on pretty much everything else). Still, if I knew that 4 years of Obama would bring the Republican party to its senses, I would absolutely vote for Obama, suck up (hopefully) four years of him, then hope for the best in 2012.

I'd also prefer Hillary to Obama for that same reason -- either of them win in 2008, but I think Obama wins in a landslide and doesn't look back until 2016!
    I don't know why you keep saying that Bush will have anything to do with a McCain White House. He will make the tax cuts permanent (so he says) and will see things through in Iraq. As many repubs on this board have stated, we aren't thrilled with many of the things Bush has done, either. The problem is that he is being blamed for some things that were/are beyond his control.

When it comes to taxes and the global war on terror, I believe that Obama would be a nightmare. I would much prefer Clinton (even though I can't stand her) to Obama.

We'll all find out in nine months or so, but I believe McCain wins BIG against either one of the dem candidates. If he doesn't take them to the woodshed in the debates, then shame on him and his advisors -- he wouldn't deserve to win.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    Educate yourself. Ignorance is not bliss. If McCain tries to ride the "Obama hasnt done anything in his career" train, it will go down in flames.

Looks like he is trying to ride McCain's coat tails. This is the perfect example of McCain reaching across the aisle, even to a young Liberal Dem pup like Obama. The rest was just fluff. Not enough experience for me or probably the rest of the country come November. Laughable really.

Note from your article:

109th Congress

Obama took an active role in the Senate's drive for improved border security and immigration reform. In 2005, he co-sponsored the "Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act" introduced by Sen. John McCain (R-AZ).[57]

Also note:

110th Congress
    Can you say McCain/Feingold
    In the first month of the newly Democratic-controlled 110th Congress, Obama worked with Russ Feingold (DWI) to eliminate gifts of travel on corporate jets by lobbyists to members of Congress and require disclosure of bundled campaign contributions under the "Honest Leadership and Open Government Act", which was signed into law in September 2007.[69] He joined Chuck Schumer (D-NY) in sponsoring S. 453, a bill to criminalize deceptive practices in federal elections, including fraudulent flyers and automated phone calls, as witnessed in the 2006 midterm elections.[70] Obama's energy initiatives scored pluses and minuses with environmentalists, who welcomed his sponsorship with John McCain (R-AZ) of a climate change bill to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by two-thirds by 2050, but were skeptical of his support for a bill promoting liquefied coal production.[71]

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post

OK, so what does all the wiki jibber-jabber actually say? What has he done? What experience does Obama have to be the leader of the greatest country in the world? Don't tell me how many votes he's made or how many bills he's sponsored or fillibustered. That's part of being in the Senate.

If you're telling me that Obama's main accomplishment is getting elected into the Senate, then that would be on-par with every other democrat's answer about Obama's achievements. If his accomplishments are so evident and far reaching, then why do you have to pull wikipedia to show them? The answer is simple -- the guy is inexperienced and has no business being president. He will be the next Jimmy Carter if elected.

Barack’s greatest speech

My fellow Identity-Americans.

As your future President I want to thank my supporters, for their…well, support.

Your mindless support of me, despite my complete lack of any legislative achievement, my pastoral relations with Louis Farrakhan, Libyan dictator Moamar Qaddafi, and my blatantly leftist voting record, allows me to present myself as some sort of bi-partisan agent of change.
    Moreover, I thank my supporters for allowing my claim of youthful drug use and criminal behavior somehow qualifies me for the Presidency after 8 years of claiming Bush’s youthful drinking disqualified him. Your hypocrisy is a beacon of hope shining over a sea of political posturing.
    Additionally, I wish to thank the Kennedy’s for coming out in support of me. There’s a lot of glamour behind the Kennedy name, even though JFK started the Vietnam War, his brother Robert illegally wiretapped Martin Luther King Jr. and Teddy killed a teenage girl. Forget the cousins, I’m not going anywhere near that crew, both literally and figuratively.

Oprah Winfrey thank you for your support. Your love of meaningless empty platitudes will be the force that propels me to the White House. Imagine how International heads of state will deal with the ceaseless stream of inanities.

Ignore my lack of experience or achievement. Americans should vote for me solely because I make people feel good. Voting for me purges white folks of their imagined, racist guilt.

I say things that sound meaningful, but don’t really mean anything because Americans are tired of things having meaning. If things have meaning, then that means you have to think about them.

Americans are tired of thinking. This is why I am running for President.

When you are at the polling place, shut down the brain, and open up the heart. Remember, don’t think, just do. And do it for me.

Thank You.

Barack Obama
    Last edited by mildawg; 02-28-2008 at 10:01 PM.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

AWESOME!!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    I don't know why you keep saying that Bush will have anything to do with a McCain White House. He will make the tax cuts permanent (so he says) and will see things through in Iraq. As many repubs on this board have stated, we aren't thrilled with many of the things Bush has done, either. The problem is that he is being blamed for some things that were/are beyond his control.

When it comes to taxes and the global war on terror, I believe that Obama would be a nightmare. I would much prefer Clinton (even though I can't stand her) to Obama.

We'll all find out in nine months or so, but I believe McCain wins BIG against either one of the dem candidates. If he doesn't take them to the woodshed in the debates, then shame on him and his advisors -- he wouldn't deserve to win.
    HA!! He couldn't beat Bush in their debates and Bush was a TERRIBLE debater and now you think he is going to take Obama and Hillary to the woodshed.

Come on Mildawg. We're both Republicans. Let's also be realists.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    HA!! He couldn't beat Bush in their debates and Bush was a TERRIBLE debater and now you think he is going to take Obama and Hillary to the woodshed.

My gut tells me McCain will kill him as well. This time it's 100% different. McCain smells victory in the Oval Office and heaven help the young, inexperienced, and naive Obama when the debates roll around. His fancy poetry will get him zero.

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    My gut tells me McCain will kill him as well. This time it's 100% different. McCain smells victory in the Oval Office and heaven help the young, inexperienced, and naive Obama when the debates roll around. His fancy poetry will get him zero.
    Obama will destroy him in the debates. Hell Bush even did, like Bigdog said. He is going to make McCain look very old (not hard to do) and out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    Obama will destroy him in the debates. Hell Bush even did, like Bigdog said. He is going to make McCain look very old (not hard to do) and out of it.
    McCain's experience will shine through . Obama will only show that he poetically desires to have some OJT in the Oval Office learning to be the leader of the free world during a time of war, during worldwide terrorism and "economic trials". NO THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post

Hey, I didn't say he would. I said that if he couldn't, then he doesn't deserve to win. Hillary was able to get Obama down off his rainbow a few times the other night and he struggled to find the words to respond. Surely McCain can be coached to bait this guy into making contradictory statements. Again, if he is that weak then he shouldn't be in the race. Anyone able to carry a decent conservative message should be able to destroy either democrat on the issues.

But I stand by my point that either Obama or Hillary *should* present themselves as the proverbial beachball being pitched to Babe Ruth -- they're ripe for getting knocked out of the park.

+ Reply to Thread