+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vilma to Saints

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Vilma to Saints

He played MLB for the jets and I think was the leading tackler. He's small but good I think. I guess it depends on if they got a deal with the contract on whether or not it really helps the saints.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

like it!

With teams eligible to sign free agents today, the Saints appear satisfied to allow several key contributors to test their marketability league-wide.
    But the Saints appeared close to a deal Thursday night to obtain middle linebacker Jonathan Vilma from the New York Jets, Vilma's agent, Tony Fleming, said.
    Vilma was in New Orleans on Monday to take a physical. The Jets and Saints were trying to work out compensation details Thursday night

www.nola.com

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Vilma just wasn't a fit for the Jets in their new 3-4 he was just too small, but he was the leading tackler and their best playmaker in the old 4-3. I think he is an excellent fit for the Saints and is a huge upgrade from the Cowboys rejects.

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Well, if this is true this just made my Friday. This guy can play. I know he is a little small, but he makes up for that with speed (which we desperately need on that side of the ball). I hope the Saints aren't done we still need a difference maker in the secondary.

Who are they going to take in the draft???

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    Well, if this is true this just made my Friday. This guy can play. I know he is a little small, but he makes up for that with speed (which we desperately need on that side of the ball). I hope the Saints aren't done we still need a difference maker in the secondary.

Who are they going to take in the draft???
    I think you are right on with the secondary. I expect the saints to go after Leodis McKelvin or that Taliq guy. If neither are available, they do have a need at wr and will have their pick of wr's at pick #10; however, I can't see them using another 1st round pick on a wr.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    I think you are right on with the secondary. I expect the saints to go after Leodis McKelvin or that Taliq guy. If neither are available, they do have a need at wr and will have their pick of wr's at pick #10; however, I can't see them using another 1st round pick on a wr.

Dominique Rodgers Cromardie from tenn state if they are going after a CB...He is a freak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Dominique Rodgers Cromardie from tenn state if they are going after a CB...He is a freak!!!
    I agree, from what I have seen of him, he is a freak, but I think #10 is a little high for him. If he is your guy then trade down a little and pick up some extra picks.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Saints | Reeves to visit team
    Fri, 29 Feb 2008 00:57:52 -0800
    Calvin Watkins, of the Dallas Morning News, reports free agent CB Jacques Reeves (Cowboys) is planning to visit the New Orleans Saints.

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Is there any way Cedric Ellis will be available for us at pick 10? We better not go wide receiver in the first round. I think the Detroit Lions have shown that is not a good idea.

Are we going to get anything out of Robert Meacham or is he just done?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I think Vilma is a much better choice than Zach Thomas. Thomas is a great LB, but his best days are behind him. And, it will be easier for Vilma to recover from knee surgery than for Thomas to recover from a decade worth of concussions.

Some fan on FoxSports.com is saying that the Saints have agreed in principle with Asante Samuel. Take it with a pound of salt, but if that is true and we get Vilma, then a good draft pick could be huge for us.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Saints | Reeves to visit team
    Fri, 29 Feb 2008 00:57:52 -0800
    Calvin Watkins, of the Dallas Morning News, reports free agent CB Jacques Reeves (Cowboys) is planning to visit the New Orleans Saints.
    Randall Gay from the Patriots is also suppose to be visiting...

+ Reply to Thread