+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Judge Unseals Barry Bonds' Testimony

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Baseball Judge Unseals Barry Bonds' Testimony

This could be HUGE...

It looks like all of these steriod folks might go down all at the same time. First they busted the multi-national steriod trafficking ring, then Marion Jones changed her plea. After the Mitchell Report came out Clemens started fading fast, and this might kill Bonds.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7856502?MSNHPHMA

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Judge Unseals Barry Bonds' Testimony

You know, the way I see this is if Clemons had Bond's trainer he would be much better off than Bonds.

I think they both used roids, but Bonds definately benefited more physically than Clemons. I think Clemons took them to extend his career or heal an injury like Pettite. Bonds took them to make a career.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    You know, the way I see this is if Clemons had Bond's trainer he would be much better off than Bonds.

I think they both used roids, but Bonds definately benefited more physically than Clemons. I think Clemons took them to extend his career or heal an injury like Pettite. Bonds took them to make a career.
    You can make a pretty good argument that Clemens had one of the best careers ever for a baseball pitcher, and he did seem to get even better after joining the Yankees. If we didn't know about the steroids, those two guys might be considered the greatest hitter and pitcher of all time. I'd say he benefitted quite a bit.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

he did seem to get even better after joining the Yankees.

We read and hear this a lot, but it is never backed up with any actual stats. Looking back at his career stats there is nothing that stands out to me that he actually got better after joining the Yankees.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    he did seem to get even better after joining the Yankees.

We read and hear this a lot, but it is never backed up with any actual stats. Looking back at his career stats there is nothing that stands out to me that he actually got better after joining the Yankees.
    OK, I didn't say that very well. Actually, his first year with the Yankees was rather mediocre, but then he went on another of his 6 year strings of great seasons. His 2000 to 2005 would be considered a great career for a lot of pitchers, and he started that stretch at 38. Not really better than he'd ever been, just turning it around from what looked like a career that was tailing off.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    OK, I didn't say that very well. Actually, his first year with the Yankees was rather mediocre, but then he went on another of his 6 year strings of great seasons. His 2000 to 2005 would be considered a great career for a lot of pitchers, and he started that stretch at 38. Not really better than he'd ever been, just turning it around from what looked like a career that was tailing off.
    Help me out here, because I can't see the greatness in his stats when comparing HIS stats from other years. His record/ERA with the Yankees from '99-'03...

14-10/4.6
    13-8/3.7
    20-3/3.51
    13-6/4.35
    17-9/3.91

IMO, his greatest two years were '97 & '98 when he went 21-7/2.05 then 20-6/2.65. He certainly was not tailing off the two years he spent in Toronto. Now his last three years with the Sox were lacking. The last three years he was with the Sox his W/L record wasn't great, but his ERA was still decent.

I guess what bugs me more than anything is that we always here "after he joined the Yankees..." when we should be hearing "after he left Boston..."

I think we're talking about different things. I don't really care that he was playing for the Yankees. I'm just talking about his having an off year in '99 followed by a very good five-six year stretch at age 38. I'm not even trying to "prove" he used steroids. I was just responding to Rapids's original post. If you assume that he did use steroids, it looks like it did help him--maybe as much as it helped Bonds.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I think the thing to look at is how often did he use them. I don't know the frequency of his usage, or how frequent he needed to use them for them to be effective, but I do know that the steroids I was on required more than an occasional dose to work.

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

I'm tired of all this junk. It's a waste of taxpayer money to keep dragging this stuff out. Drugs in professional sports are common. MLB turned a blind eye to what was going on in their league. In my opinion, MLB enabled it's players drug use by ignoring it. The players need to be responsible for their actions but the main focus of all these investigations should not be on the players.

+ Reply to Thread