+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Nevada

  1. #16
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,513

    Re: Nevada

    CONGRATULATIONS TECHSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Needed this one. One more left until the tournament. Will be interesting to catch some of the other WAC scores tonight.

  2. #17
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,513

    Re: Nevada

    Fresno and NMSU are heading into overtime.

  3. #18
    I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    14,514

    Techsters survive home scare from Nevada - News Star

    A new article has been posted on The News Star:

    RUSTON ? There's something to say for winning ugly.

    More...

    Feel free to discuss it here

  4. #19
    I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    14,514

    Fresno State Downs New Mexico State With 75-Foot Shot at Buzzer in Overtime-WACSports

    A new article has been posted on www.wacsports.com:


    Hayley Munro hit a 75-foot shot at the buzzer in overtime to lift Fresno State to an 85-84 victory over New Mexico State on Saturday evening. The win ups Fresno States record to 17-10 overall and 12-2 in WAC play. Boise State also won Saturday night, defeating Hawai‘i 66-55 at home. BSU (13-2) holds just a half game lead over Fresno State (12-2) for first place in the league's standings.

    More...

    Discuss it here.

  5. #20
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,513

    Re: Nevada

    Unbelievably good game between Fresno and NMSU. In overtime with 1 second remaining, Fresno threw the ball in and the player hit a 75 foot shot to win the game 85-84. Fresno stated that the play was actually designed and executed perfectly. Amazing.....

  6. #21
    Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    1,004

    Re: Nevada

    Gang - Well, I'm 2-0 @ the TAC!! I managed to catch the first half & part of #2 last night ( between the daughter's ballgames ) & came away both encouraged & dismayed. I haven't seen a defensive S/D effort like Pringle did on Criener ( sp? ) since the days of AT ( Angela Turner, for U rookies!! ). WOW!! Where's that been all season!!
    Now the downside was a lack of consistency ( especially on offense ) from the Ladies. One minute I'd see flashes of solidity then I'd go get a drink & when I came back I'd wonder who THESE players were now on the court! Maybe I should NOT ever leave my seat??!!
    Still, although I'm still anti-Long, I DO see some improvement in this team. The talent is clearly there but getting them to work together and/or consistently seems to be an issue. At least it appears that we have a little momentum going ( well, 2 regular season games left ) into the tourney. We've already beaten Hawaii & SJS ( both @ the TAC ) this season so we could conceivably go into the WAC tournament on a 5 game winning streak ( although nothing is a given w/a CL coached team ).
    Go, Techsters!!

    MG
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 03-02-2008 at 10:52 AM. Reason: correct grammar

  7. #22
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,513

    Re: Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Gang - Well, I'm 2-0 @ the TAC!! I managed to catch the first half & part of #2 last night ( between the daughter's ballgames ) & came away both encouraged & dismayed. I haven't seen a defensive S/D effort like Pringle did on Criener ( sp? ) since the days of AT ( Angela Turner, for U rookies!! ). WOW!! Where's that been all season!!
    Now the downside was a lack of consistency ( especially on offense ) from the Ladies. One minute I'd see flashes of solidity then I'd go get a drink & when I came back I'd wonder who THESE players were now on the court! Maybe I should NOT ever leave my seat??!!
    Still, although I'm still anti-Long, I DO see some improvement in this team. The talent is clearly there but getting them to work together and/or consistently seems to be an issue. At least it appears that we have a little momentum going ( well, 2 regular season games left ) into the tourney. We've already beaten Hawaii & SJS ( both @ the TAC ) this season so we could conceivably go into the WAC tournament on a 5 game winning streak( although nothing is a given w/a CL coached team ).
    Go, Techsters!!

    MG
    Yes, you need to stop leaving your seat. We may have an answer now to the consistency problem. Pringle played a great game. Criner always gets her in foul trouble, but she gets the job done. We are a different team when she is not on the floor and that is when Nevada made their runs.

  8. #23
    Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    1,004

    Thumbs Up Re: Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Yes, you need to stop leaving your seat. We may have an answer now to the consistency problem. Pringle played a great game. Criner always gets her in foul trouble, but she gets the job done. We are a different team when she is not on the floor and that is when Nevada made their runs.
    Champ - OK, since we've pinpointed the problem as me, if ya'll wanna spring for the $$ for the flights to Hawaii ( ESPECIALLY!! ), SJ & NM ( for the tourney ) I'll make the sacrifice & take time off work to go. Of course, it might be difficult to get me to leave Honolulu!!

    As a side note - props to the Techster track team for capturing their 3rd ( in 4 years ) WAC indoor title!! On to the NCAA's & let's hope the hoops Techsters can follow suit!!

    Gene

  9. #24
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,513

    Re: Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Champ - OK, since we've pinpointed the problem as me, if ya'll wanna spring for the $$ for the flights to Hawaii ( ESPECIALLY!! ), SJ & NM ( for the tourney ) I'll make the sacrifice & take time off work to go. Of course, it might be difficult to get me to leave Honolulu!!

    As a side note - props to the Techster track team for capturing their 3rd ( in 4 years ) WAC indoor title!! On to the NCAA's & let's hope the hoops Techsters can follow suit!!

    Gene
    Too bad this only works for ome games. Guess it wouldn't do any good to send you to Hawaii.

  10. #25
    Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    1,004

    Big Grin Re: Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Too bad this only works for ome games. Guess it wouldn't do any good to send you to Hawaii.
    Champ - Speak for yourself!! I'm just trying to be a team player!!!!

    MG

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts