+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This Week in WAC Women's Basketball—Feb. 26-WACSports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

This Week in WAC Women's Basketball—Feb. 26-WACSports.com

A new article has been posted on www.wacsports.com:

The WAC features eight games this week with four on Thursday and four more on Saturday. Boise State looks to keep its 14-game home win streak in tact when it hosts San Jose State on Thursday and Hawai‘i on Saturday. Fresno State travels to play New Mexico State in a key WAC matchup on Saturday evening.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: This Week in WAC Women's Basketball—Feb. 26-WACSports.com

NMSU KILLED Nevada last night. That makes our game against Nevada on Saturday very important. If we win, it will even us up with Nevada on the loss column. NMSU will play Fresno State to try to pull up to a tie in second place with them. Boise has pretty clear sailing to win the regular season.

My guess (as of today) for seeding:
    Boise #! seed
    NMSU #2 seed
    Fresno #3 seed
    Tech #4 seed
    Nevada #5 seed

That is just a guess, but we need to beat Nevada for it to happen. Plus, NMSU needs to beat Fresno. I like this scenario, as it puts Fresno and Boise on the same side of the bracket and us and NMSU on the same side. My hope is that Boise can beat out Fresno, we beat NMSU, and last year's co-champions meet up for the conference tournament final. A lot has to happen before that can play out, but it is a good possibility. This year has proven that anything can happen, though.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

These are the current standings:
    Boise 12-2
    Fresno 11-2
    NMSU 10-3
    Nevada 9-5
    Tech 7-6
    Hawaii 5-8
    USU 5-9
    Idaho 1-13
    SJSU 1-13

Saturdays Games:
    Boise plays Hawaii (my guess Boise runs all over them)
    Fresno plays NMSU (my guess is NMSU wins this one)
    Nevada plays Tech (we NEED this win)

Fresno will play NMSU again in a couple of days. That, hopefully, will mean two more losses for Fresno. Fresno, also, plays at Nevada later next week. That could mean another loss for Fresno, but I give Fresno the edge in that one. We don't need for Fresno to drop too much or we will end up playing them in a semi final.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: This Week in WAC Women's Basketball—Feb. 26-WACSports.com

Champ - My daughter has a softball tourney this weekend in Ruston so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make this game. Hopefully the rust was shaken off last night ( in the first half, apparently ) & we can take it to Nevada!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Champ - My daughter has a softball tourney this weekend in Ruston so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make this game. Hopefully the rust was shaken off last night ( in the first half, apparently ) & we can take it to Nevada!!
    Yell HARD! I hope we see an all out "NOTHING TO LOSE" effort from here through the tournament.

The standings after last night:
    Boise beats Hawaii and stands at 13-2
    Fresno has heroic effort and hits a 75 foot shot with 1 second left to beat NMSU and stands at 12-2
    Nevada goes down to Tech and stands at 9-6
    Techsters beat Nevada and stand at 8-6

Next up:
    Boise at Utah State (This would have been a gimmie for Boise, but USU has surprised lately)
    Fresno hosts NMSU and then travels to Nevada (2 tough games for Fresno and 2 possible losses)
    NMSU plays at Fresno and ends season at Hawaii
    Nevada ends season hosting Fresno State
    Techsters have 2 on the road left - Hawaii and SJSU

My predictions:
    Boise wins conference with a 14-2 record
    Fresno ends with one more loss and closes at 13-3
    NMSU loses to Fresno and beats Hawaii and closes at 11-5
    Techsters beat Hawaii and SJSU and ends at 10-6
    Nevada ends with 10-6

That would mean the seedings would be:
    1. Boise
    2. Fresno
    3. NMSU
    4. Nevada and Tech tied (not sure of the tie breaker procedure)

+ Reply to Thread