+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Tech/ A&M Game thread

Big Dog TruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the rough TruDawg's Avatar

Re: Louisiana Tech/ A&M Game thread

3 outs for a&m Tech needs to get something started

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Lassere with another K.
    JJ leading off. New pitcher Travis Starling for A&M.
    Jericho ground out. The Violence up.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

We need some hits. 4 just won't cut it. Now that A&M has gone to bullpen maybe we can get something else going.

And then Albie strikes out.
    Kersten flies out.

Going to the top of the 9th still down 7-4.

Lassere picks one off. Runner on 2nd with 1 out.
    Wild pitch moves runner to 3rd with still 1 out.
    Intentional walk to bring up their SS who is on fire today. Hope for DP.
    Richard in to pitch for Lassere. Lassere did a great job in for Jericho on a bad day.
    Sit down son! Richard strikes out their SS!
    Another intentional walk loads the bases.
    Richard strikes out another. Bottom of 9th. Sutbbs and the Thomas Bros coming up. Get on base and maybe Adam Cobb can add to his streak.
    Last edited by Juice752; 03-02-2008 at 05:55 PM.

Stubbs grounds out.
    Alexander to hit for D Train.
    Alexander grounds out.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Only four hits today and two Es.

Game over on PT ground out. FWIW their closer has thrown a 6 innings with 10 strikeouts and still has a 0.00 ERA.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I bet Casey was chomping at the bit!

Puppy Sportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really nice Sportsman's Avatar

Looks like we may not be over the hump just yet. The dawgs did play 3 quality teams this weekend though. Four hits won't get it done against a quality foe. Maybe they can take it to Baylor this week.

I did see that UTA beat Bama today.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Wow, I can't believe we laid a goose egg this weekend. I really thought this team could compete and win against some of the upper echelon teams in the country. I guess there is still the BCS intimidatio mentality carrying over from football.

Big Dog TruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the rough TruDawg's Avatar

To tell you the truth it was a very bad game for us today even though the score would suggest it was a close game, Tech never really had a good shot at winning the game. Maybe we can get some good rest and take one or both of the games from Baylor this week.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Wow, I can't believe we laid a goose egg this weekend. I really thought this team could compete and win against some of the upper echelon teams in the country. I guess there is still the BCS intimidatio mentality carrying over from football.
    Respectfully disagree.

I'm disappointed, for sure. But to suggest that LaTECH didn't compete this weekend is a stretch to me.

The teams this weekend would be a very tough NCAA regional.

We lost to Arkansaw, leaving two on in the top of the 9th. Missed a comeback against OHState. We were in those games. Lost to AtM today...got the tape-delay on Cox Sports right now...Some GREAT defense by the Aggies...and at the end, we were still in it.

An aside: I wish that Deriso, Watson, et al., would talk about TECH baseball like the Cox Sports guys do...

I think we’ll be good...

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    Respectfully disagree.

I'm disappointed, for sure. But to suggest that LaTECH didn't compete this weekend is a stretch to me.

The teams this weekend would be a very tough NCAA regional.

We lost to Arkansaw, leaving two on in the top of the 9th. Missed a comeback against OHState. We were in those games. Lost to AtM today...got the tape-delay on Cox Sports right now...Some GREAT defense by the Aggies...and at the end, we were still in it.

An aside: I wish that Deriso, Watson, et al., would talk about TECH baseball like the Cox Sports guys do...

I think we’ll be good...
    Didn't y'all just love the Cox Sports guys!!! I loved all the positives about Tech and Ruston. God Bless them!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Folks need to remember -

BASEBALL is a marathon, not a sprint -

The team COMPETED against GOOD competition -

I was expecting to only get ONE game this weekend and one at Baylor - anything else would have been gravy -

The Arkansas game really hurts because they were so close - but that's baseball -

They need to bounce back and get one at Baylor and then come home and get some rest -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Couldn't be more wrong. They most certainly DID compete this weekend. We should have had the arkansas game, just caught some bad luck in the bottom of the ninth. We had the chance...TWICE...to take the game against OH state (bases loaded, down by three), and came away with nothing.

As a side note, aTm's student section is BRUTAL!

+ Reply to Thread