+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New AD

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: New AD

I like the enthusiasm that DD brings to the table but I'm afraid that his #1 focus will be on HIS F/B team. That's NOT to say that I think he will ignore the rest of the Tech teams but I'd imagine that he will give a little more attention to the F/B program. Guess we'll see but DD HAS to be an improvement over JO!!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: New AD

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    I like the enthusiasm that DD brings to the table but I'm afraid that his #1 focus will be on HIS F/B team. That's NOT to say that I think he will ignore the rest of the Tech teams but I'd imagine that he will give a little more attention to the F/B program. Guess we'll see but DD HAS to be an improvement over JO!!
    So we'll FINALLY be acting like a D1 school??

What schools DON'T put their #1 focus on getting a strong football program??
    Basketball schools... that's ALL. (Duke, N Carolina, etc.)

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    That is fine. I still talk to you and if you were the one that could turn this ship around, I would sing your praises too. :icon_wink: I have a feeling that if I was the one that could do it, you would sing mine - Democrat or not. :icon_wink:
    I wonder if it's a coincidence that DEMOcrat also has the first 4 letters of DEMOn??

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    I wonder if it's a coincidence that DEMOcrat also has the first 4 letters of DEMOn??
    Only if you change a letter out. Otherwise, it would be Democ. I could do that with Repubican, as well.

Only if you change a letter out. Otherwise, it would be Democ. I could do that with Repubican, as well.
    Ok, so it's 4/5th's of a Demon.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by gonzajo71 View Post
    Not sure this is the right area, but since I'm mainly a fan of the Lady Techsters, I was wondering how people feel about the hire of Dooley as AD ? IMO, and this is speaking entirely from the Lady Techsters program, I don't think it's a good hire. Yet again, DR has just hired from within. What are others' thoughts on how this will affect the Techster program ?
    It's very simple. This will have been a fantastic hire if Mr. Dooley gets us a competent coach in the next 30 to 60 days.
    ________
    Harley-davidson vl
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: New AD

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    It's very simple. This will have been a fantastic hire if Mr. Dooley gets us a competent coach in the next 30 to 60 days.
    Dare I ask in WHICH sport U're referring??? :icon_wink:

MG
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 03-07-2008 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Add comment

Frown Re: New AD

OMG!!! I just had a HORRIBLE deja vu thought! :bigcry: Not that I doubting DD's ability to juggle both jobs but does this not seem eerily similar ( identical!! ) to DR's "nationwide search" for KB's replacement??? And look what we ended up with!!!! :bigcry:

MG
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 03-07-2008 at 05:54 PM. Reason: correct grammar

Varsity Bulldog gonzajo71 is an unknown

In the news star today, it had a line in the article that dooley said that says something to the effect that he will work with current coaches, and help them out. I took that to mean that no new Techster coach. This scares me. The Techsters obviously need a new direction, but from what I read, it doesn't appear that it'll be next season.

Guest BS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Has anyone shown him how to get to Chris Long's office yet if not I'll drive down from Little Rock Monday and walk him over.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Otherwise, it would be Democ
    I've been wanting to give Jim Oakes the DEMOC for years.

C'mon, surely there are some Bloodsport fans here.

"You...don't look like a Jackson."

Big Grin Re: New AD

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    I've been wanting to give Jim Oakes the DEMOC for years.

C'mon, surely there are some Bloodsport fans here.

"You...don't look like a Jackson."
    "But brick NOT hit back!"
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 03-08-2008 at 11:35 PM. Reason: add punctuation

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonzajo71 View Post
    In the news star today, it had a line in the article that dooley said that says something to the effect that he will work with current coaches, and help them out. I took that to mean that no new Techster coach. This scares me. The Techsters obviously need a new direction, but from what I read, it doesn't appear that it'll be next season.
    You'd think Long would fall on his sword as low as this program has dropped and not wait to be fired. Sure hope we have a new coach even if it isn't someone that can lead us back to the promised land - not sure how reasonable an expectation at this point.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Dooley is a Republican!!!! I guess that makes him just about perfect!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread