View Poll Results: What do you think of the 2nd Dooley hire?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Max excitement, Dooley is THA MAN!!!!!

32 17.88%
  • Excited about this hire!

38 21.23%
  • Cautiously Optimistic

82 45.81%
  • Probably not right.

17 9.50%
  • Very disappointed. period.

7 3.91%
  • GAAAAH THE SKY IS FALLING, BACK TO THE SUNBELCH ASAP! KNOW YOUR PLACE TECH!

3 1.68%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freak-out-o-meter

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Re: Freak-out-o-meter

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Well, for all the naysayers, this should convince you that we DEFINITELY made the right decision. When a nlulmer starts saying negative things, it is a true sign that we did the right thing.
    No Joke. If the naysayers say it is a bad hire, consider their previous lobby to keep JB3 employeed.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Read the list of DD's dad, HC/AD Vince Dooley's, accomplishments as the AD/HC performed at the same time for 9 years. You know DD got to watch this growing up and learned a thing or two. I say HC Dooley can pull this off guys! It wasn't that long ago it happened in the SEC.
    So, Chelsea for President, huh?

The accomplishments of the father should not be confused with the accomplishments of the children. Dooley's accomplishments speak for themselves. He is a degreed lawyer and practiced for two years. He has experience coaching in the NFL and was the recruiting coordinator at LSU.

I admit I'm not fond of this move and it scares me more than excites me, but he has his own accomplishments separate from his father.

I really, really hope we got this one right.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    And this goes back to my theory that Reneau plans to de-emphasize athletics within a few years and all this is window dressing until then...
    I've never heard you speak such a theory, but I've often wondered the same thing. It's clear to me that Reneau doesn't put a premium on athletics. It is also clear to me that Reneau highly values his legacy. Perhaps we should make it clear to him that the sports fans plan on linking his legacy to athletics?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I've never heard you speak such a theory, but I've often wondered the same thing. It's clear to me that Reneau doesn't put a premium on athletics. It is also clear to me that Reneau highly values his legacy. Perhaps we should make it clear to him that the sports fans plan on linking his legacy to athletics?
    He knows very well that it is linked. Over the past year and a half, he has stepped up. This step is one that will take him further than any other that he could take.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    And this goes back to my theory that Reneau plans to de-emphasize athletics within a few years and all this is window dressing until then...

You need to take some happy pills!!

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    We needed a long-term solution? Can you elaborate on what you mean? Long-term as in someone who will be here 20 years? I think our long term goals can and will be reached through sequential moves toward the goal and I see no reason why a continuous AD is needed to do that. I think that Dooley will give this program a shot in the arm and that we will be much closer to our goal than we are today.

Long term to me means 5 - 10 years. Short term means 2 - 5 years. Quick fix 1 - 2 years.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    Long term to me means 5 - 10 years. Short term means 2 - 5 years. Quick fix 1 - 2 years.
    Well I don't know how long he stays in this dual role but I would be completely shocked if it falls into your defintion of quick fix or even the beginning of your definition of short term.

I think you are aware of my first choice for AD. But like I have said before, in lieu of doing things the right way (which DR was NOT going to do) this is the best move we could have expected.

I have a strong gut feeling that this is going to payoff for Tech in a big way. And I think in most traditional college towns and athletic departments this would be a bad move. But for us, right now, in this town, I think this is going to be great. People at Tech with thin skin and fragile ego's are gonna hate this move but I think the fans are going to end up loving it.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Well I don't know how long he stays in this dual role but I would be completely shocked if it falls into your defintion of quick fix or even the beginning of your definition of short term.

I think you are aware of my first choice for AD. But like I have said before, in lieu of doing things the right way (which DR was NOT going to do) this is the best move we could have expected.

I have a strong gut feeling that this is going to payoff for Tech in a big way. And I think in most traditional college towns and athletic departments this would be a bad move. But for us, right now, in this town, I think this is going to be great. People at Tech with thin skin and fragile ego's are gonna hate this move but I think the fans are going to end up loving it.
    People with thin skin and fragile egos are why we are where we are. Thankfully all of that is going to change for the way way way better now.

Bulldog bluegrass dawg isn't thought very highly of around herebluegrass dawg isn't thought very highly of around here bluegrass dawg's Avatar

This is huge!

I would have liked to see Dooley have a bowl season before this move was made, but when Oakes was shown the door, the timing went out the window.

Dooley will be a great coach and making him the AD will allow us to keep him longer. Recruits will be impressed when the AD visits.

I could be wrong, but I really thinks this will be a pivotal moment in Dawg athletics.

Big Dog BOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I think, when justifying this hire, we need to get over the mentality of "he can't do worse than his predecessor" or "I'd take him over Joakes anyday", etc... That is not what the other choice could have been. Anyway, I've been trying to hold it in because I don't want to sound negative, and I think most know I've been against this, but I really don't think Dooley is concerned with the entire athletic department as he is football. I'm not saying the others won't get attention. Just that it won't be by Dooley. I think he agreed to take this position for one reason and one reason only. To improve football facilities. I agree with what someone said that he won't interfere with the other sports, but I don't think he will really give them much attention. I believe he will be involved in fundraising but primarily in relation to football. I'm not making a judgement on that, just stating what I think will happen. Although, I do believe that the AD should be equally concerned about all programs. Even though I disagree with this move, I'll still continue to support Tech and do what I can when I can.
    I think Dooley will do just fine....and I feel that making him AD was an OUTSTANDING move!!!! With leadership and vision....there is no limit for Tech.... and we all need to remember....Dooley wasn't hired as the football coach because he was an offensive guru or a great defensive minded guy....he was hired because of his experience with the game and his understanding of people......anyone that listens to him can't help but to be touched by his passion and commitment to excellence......he's a true leader.....and having those qualities means that he doesn't have to micromanage every logisitical detail of the athletics department...he just needs to put the right people in the positions to do the logistical work and have them report back to him with the details.....besides, we all know that Dooley will hold whomever he puts into those positions accountable for what they do..........the good'ole boy system is over....

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BOSTON View Post
    I think Dooley will do just fine....and I feel that making him AD was an OUTSTANDING move!!!! With leadership and vision....there is no limit for Tech.... and we all need to remember....Dooley wasn't hired as the football coach because he was an offensive guru or a great defensive minded guy....he was hired because of his experience with the game and his understanding of people......anyone that listens to him can't help but to be touched by his passion and commitment to excellence......he's a true leader.....and having those qualities means that he doesn't have to micromanage every logisitical detail of the athletics department...he just needs to put the right people in the positions to do the logistical work and have them report back to him with the details.....besides, we all know that Dooley will hold whomever he puts into those positions accountable for what they do..........the good'ole boy system is over....
    I like it when you sang "More than a feeling" That was a cool song and you can mark me down as a fan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcsVP...eature=related

Big Dog BOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the rough

I like it when you sang "More than a feeling" That was a cool song and you can mark me down as a fan!

yes...that's a good one....what do you think about this???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG04l-jplIc

this one too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js_iz17TzRA

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    You need to take some happy pills!!
    I agree on this one. Just chill for a while Dwayne. This was a great move I think. I also would have taking DD as the AD before he ever became our HC. This man is focused and driven to succeed. Again he was born and cred for these two jobs.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    So, Chelsea for President, huh?

The accomplishments of the father should not be confused with the accomplishments of the children. Dooley's accomplishments speak for themselves. He is a degreed lawyer and practiced for two years. He has experience coaching in the NFL and was the recruiting coordinator at LSU.

I admit I'm not fond of this move and it scares me more than excites me, but he has his own accomplishments separate from his father.

I really, really hope we got this one right.

Hold on there AG my man. That's a great comeback for sure but not apples to apples by any stretch of the imagination. Feel free to try again.

+ Reply to Thread