+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: here comes the snow

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: here comes the snow

Tech cops ruined all my TAC sledding fun.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Tech cops ruined all my TAC sledding fun.
    yeah, its a "dont want to be sued" issue im sure. man, i can well remember the night it snowed after i left stowes and the football parking lot was completely covered. We' come off of the hill coming from hideaway going quite fast and down through the parking lot and then cut the wheels and lock the breaks. OHHHHHHHHHHH man was that a blast. at one time i bet there was 10 cars out there doing that. I went up to the station to get some more gas adn when i came over the hill there were some red and blue lights flashing. I quietly went the other way although i had started teh whole thing LOL

seems like years ago there was a student break his neck or back coming down the hill by the tac wasnt it? seems I remember something along those lines.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Reminds me of a story I heard...

One time, a long time ago, a decade even, in Ruston:

There was a snow, probably like today. Nothing too serious...fun to look at, and any time anything white falls out of the sky in Louisiana, that's a good reason to call class, work, whatever. And, again, probably like this snow, the day after was going to be just fine.

So, no class. Cold, snowing. What do you do? A big pot of gumbo was cooked. And, of course, drinking commenced.

Probably around 9:45 pm, some wiseass with a good phone voice gets Jim Beam-inspired. Long story short, phone call: "Yes, KNOE. This is (whomever), Vice President of Student Affairs at Louisiana Tech University. We're calling to inform you that classes at Tech have been cancelled for tomorrow due to the inclement weather."

And, wouldn't you know it... The lead KNOE story is about the weather, of course. And KNOE announced the few closings for the next day. Literally, it was like: Wildflower Montessori School.....Louisiana Tech University.....Good Shepherd Pre-K....scrolling across the bottom of the screen....

Too easy. TV said La Tech was closed. I heard that many saw it...

KNOE did end up retracting it, but not until probably 25-minutes into the 10:00 news broadcast.

But, that's just how I heard the story...

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Now how is it that yall are able to get a decent snow (5 inches) and way up here in VA, we haven't had one all winter??? :bigcry:

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Now how is it that yall are able to get a decent snow (5 inches) and way up here in VA, we haven't had one all winter??? :bigcry:
    We got about 5 here in the Ville and we're expecting another 6 to 10 inches tonight...

My utility bill tells me its time for Spring to get here.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    We got about 5 here in the Ville and we're expecting another 6 to 10 inches tonight...

My utility bill tells me its time for Spring to get here.
    What kind of heat do you have? I hope natural gas. (not the kind of natural gas DD is always talking about either)

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    What kind of heat do you have? I hope natural gas. (not the kind of natural gas DD is always talking about either)
    natural gas
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

geeze, I still have a set of 215 cm. Kneissel White Star racing skis along with a pair of Lange ski boots and all the assorted ski gear and ski clothing (enough to come close to half-filling the bed of a small pickup) downstairs in a storeroom gathering dust (from my former life), and we got nothing but a few flakes .....................

Not that we got any mountains here, o.c.; or, ski lifts ??

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

We got an overnight dusting in NE La. last night on cars and trees and grass. Streets are unaffected however. Enough to get the grandson out there and make some snowballs.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

and a big time was had by all . . .. .

+ Reply to Thread