+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seeds Set in WAC Basketball Tournament-WACSports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Seeds Set in WAC Basketball Tournament-WACSports.com

A new article has been posted on www.wacsports.com:

The seeds are set in the 2008 WAC Men and Women's Basketball Tournament. Despite a historic four-way tie for first place on the men's side, Utah State claimed the top seed in the tournament, followed by second-seeded Nevada. Host New Mexico State is the third seed with Boise State earning the fourth seed. On the women's side, Fresno State earned its first ever No. 1 seed. Co-regular season champion Boise State is the second seed. The WAC Tournament will begin with two games on Tuesday, March 11.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Seeds Set in WAC Basketball Tournament-WACSports.com

I had REALLY hoped that we would be on the opposite side of the bracket from Fresno. Didn't happen. Nevada in the first round and, most likely, Fresno in the second. We have some big wins to pull off. If we beat Fresno, we will most likeliy meet Boise in the final. Of course, lots of upsets are possible, so you never really know.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

We beat Nevada in the last game against them. We can do it again. It is Fresno that I worry about.

They should win their game without much of a problem. We do not match up with them well at all. Now, if our guards can hit like they did last night, we might have a chance. This is going to be a tough tournament.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    We beat Nevada in the last game against them. We can do it again. It is Fresno that I worry about.

They should win their game without much of a problem. We do not match up with them well at all. Now, if our guards can hit like they did last night, we might have a chance. This is going to be a tough tournament.
    We have to beat them at some point we may as well beat them in the semi finals. I am excited about this tournament, so much so that I am working 7 days in a row to have off thurs, friday and saturday nights lol. We will have to take care of business but lets look at it this way we have not lost on a neutral site all season long and our first two games are on a neutral floor.
    I am also interested in seeing how the boys come out wed night if they win their first game of the tournament that would be three in a row and they could give the #1 seed a dog fight in the quarters.
    I have already bought the wac tournament package so this is gonna be a good weekend dang it I just know it.

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    We have to beat them at some point we may as well beat them in the semi finals. I am excited about this tournament, so much so that I am working 7 days in a row to have off thurs, friday and saturday nights lol. We will have to take care of business but lets look at it this way we have not lost on a neutral site all season long and our first two games are on a neutral floor.
    I am also interested in seeing how the boys come out wed night if they win their first game of the tournament that would be three in a row and they could give the #1 seed a dog fight in the quarters.
    I have already bought the wac tournament package so this is gonna be a good weekend dang it I just know it.
    Some of these games are day games, so look closely at the schedule. I am hoping that I don't have any meetings during the times, so that I can shut my office door this week and watch some of the games.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

It is time for the Techsters to bring their dominating A Game. We have the talent (not always consistent, but better), and I have seen us build up some confidence in some of the later games. If Tech can come out and play as a well oiled machine like I know they can then they should be able to control their own destiny in the tournament. Early on when they were playing so poorly I had no hope of even making it past the second round of WAC tournament. At this point if they play as a team and concentrate on the fundamentals taking good shots, crisp passes, run the offense, and relentless defense (limited and controlled fouling), then I think they can take it all the way to WAC tournament championship. Boise is tough and we would need an extra special effort to stop the Boise 14 game winning streak. Maybe New Mexico State can knock them off for us. As far as I am concerned it is a new season and we have warmed up with our schedule. I am going to keep up the hope and expectations and I hope that the Techsters and coaches do to.

Come on Techsters, get us back to the NCAA tournament!

Quote Originally Posted by DFWDawg View Post
    It is time for the Techsters to bring their dominating A Game. We have the talent (not always consistent, but better), and I have seen us build up some confidence in some of the later games. If Tech can come out and play as a well oiled machine like I know they can then they should be able to control their own destiny in the tournament. Early on when they were playing so poorly I had no hope of even making it past the second round of WAC tournament. At this point if they play as a team and concentrate on the fundamentals taking good shots, crisp passes, run the offense, and relentless defense (limited and controlled fouling), then I think they can take it all the way to WAC tournament championship. Boise is tough and we would need an extra special effort to stop the Boise 14 game winning streak. Maybe New Mexico State can knock them off for us. As far as I am concerned it is a new season and we have warmed up with our schedule. I am going to keep up the hope and expectations and I hope that the Techsters and coaches do to.

Come on Techsters, get us back to the NCAA tournament!
    Great post! Got me pumped up and ready for the tournament! I worry about Fresno more than Boise, but we have to take care of one game at a time. Nevada is first up and I think we will come out inspired and ready to go!

A good source of information from New Mexico Newspaper on both men and women's tournaments:
    http://www.lcsun-news.com/wac2008

+ Reply to Thread