+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GOOD GOLF NEWS

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

GOOD GOLF NEWS

Trio Lead Bulldogs in Day One at UL-Lafayette
    LAFAYETTE – Ryan Robertson shot a two-round total of even par 144 while teammates Matthew Harvey and Corey Bartlett were one shot off at 145 to lead Louisiana Tech in the first day of the 2008 Louisiana Classics hosted by UL-Lafayette.
    Robertson, a junior college transfer, shot back-to-back rounds of 72 to tie for third place in the individual standings and help the Bulldogs tie for sixth place in the 14-team event heading into Tuesday’s final round.
    "I was really proud of those guys, especially Ryan," said Tech head coach Jean Hall. "He really stepped up for us. I’ve been looking for him to play well. He had a great junior college career, and I knew what he was capable of. I was really pleased with his play."
    Harvey recorded an opening round 73 before coming back with an even par 72 while Bartlett shot 73-72 as the duo are both tied for seventh place in the individual competition in the 78-man field.
    "I was pleased with everyone’s performance today, except a couple of guys" Hall said. "It’s the same story for our team. We just can’t seem to get everyone clicking.
    "I was surprised by Amrith (de Soysa’s) play. He won the last tournament (in Rice), and I think he came in here with some high expectations for himself. Maybe he was expecting too much; I really can’t explain."
    de Soysa, who won his first collegiate event three weeks ago in Houston, shot an opening round 87 followed by a second round 80.
    "He’s been here for three years and I’ve never seen him all over the course like he was today," Hall said. "He just needs to put it behind him and come out tomorrow and play well. This is a team sport and we have to have all five guys playing well at the same time. I hope we come out tomorrow (as a team) and step up to the challenge."
    Chad Bailey shot back to back rounds of 79 for the Bulldogs as well.
    Colorado is leading the event with a two-round team total of 583 followed by Richmond (587), Southeastern Louisiana (588), SMU (589), UL-Lafayette (591), Tech (592), Illinois (592), Kansas (595), Sam Houston State (595), North Texas (596), Texas State (598), UMKC (598), UL-Monroe (609) and Arkansas State (617).
    Richmond’s Jordan Utley (140) is leading the individual competition followed by SMU’s Kelly Kraft (141) and then Robertson (144) and three others.
    Tuesday’s final round will begin at 8:30 a.m.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Re: GOOD GOLF NEWS

Wow if Amrith plays anywhere like he has been we would be leading right now. Let's hope he steps it up in the next round.

+ Reply to Thread