+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 Impressions w/ this NY Governor Thing

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Re: 2 Impressions w/ this NY Governor Thing

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    For those of you who are married, you should ask your wife what kind of sex she'd give you for $4,500. Also, I think I heard the quote somewhere that the lady claimed he wanted to do things that weren't considered safe. I kinda wonder what that means.
    no 'helmet'?

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

This sums up my thoughts better than i could on my own:
    http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...UwYzBjYmQ2MDM=
    Leave it to Thomas Sowell to be very eloquent and boil down the important points. I always read his stuff because he is right so often.
    "Many in the media refer to Eliot Spitzer as some moral hero who fell from grace. Spitzer was never a moral hero. He was an unscrupulous prosecutor who threw his power around to ruin people, even when he didn’t have any case with which to convict them of anything.

Because he was using his overbearing power against businesses, the anti-business Left idolized him...

What Eliot Spitzer did was not out of character. It was completely in character for someone with the hubris that comes with the ability to misuse his power to make or break innocent people.

After John Whitehead, former head of Goldman Sachs, wrote an oped for the Wall Street Journal criticizing Attorney General Spitzer’s handling of a case involving Maurice Greenberg, Spitzer was quoted by Whitehead as saying: “I will be coming after you. You will pay the price. This is only the beginning and you will pay dearly for what you have done.”

When you start thinking of yourself as a little tin god, able to throw your weight around to bully people into silence, it is a sign of a sense of being exempt from the laws and social rules that apply to other people.

For someone with this kind of hubris to risk his whole political career for a fling with a prostitute is no more surprising than for Michael Vick to throw away millions to indulge his taste for dog fighting or for Leona Helmsley to avoid paying taxes — not because she couldn’t easily afford to pay taxes and still have more money left than she could ever spend — but because (they) felt above the rules that apply to “the little people.”
    that is why this does not surprise me. it IS disappointing, but it is NOT surprising. at least it is not surprising that he wanted to ride bareback with a hooker. the only thing that was surprising to me was the money laundering aspect of the story. i figure that he would not be dumb enough to do that. but sleeping with hookers was completely in character for him.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    For those of you who are married, you should ask your wife what kind of sex she'd give you for $4,500. Also, I think I heard the quote somewhere that the lady claimed he wanted to do things that weren't considered safe. I kinda wonder what that means.
    Must have been wanting to get me involved.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrassyNoleHitman View Post
    This sums up my thoughts better than i could on my own:
    http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...UwYzBjYmQ2MDM=
    Leave it to Thomas Sowell to be very eloquent and boil down the important points. I always read his stuff because he is right so often.
    "Many in the media refer to Eliot Spitzer as some moral hero who fell from grace. Spitzer was never a moral hero. He was an unscrupulous prosecutor who threw his power around to ruin people, even when he didn’t have any case with which to convict them of anything.
    Because he was using his overbearing power against businesses, the anti-business Left idolized him...
    What Eliot Spitzer did was not out of character. It was completely in character for someone with the hubris that comes with the ability to misuse his power to make or break innocent people.
    After John Whitehead, former head of Goldman Sachs, wrote an oped for the Wall Street Journal criticizing Attorney General Spitzer’s handling of a case involving Maurice Greenberg, Spitzer was quoted by Whitehead as saying: “I will be coming after you. You will pay the price. This is only the beginning and you will pay dearly for what you have done.”
    When you start thinking of yourself as a little tin god, able to throw your weight around to bully people into silence, it is a sign of a sense of being exempt from the laws and social rules that apply to other people.
    For someone with this kind of hubris to risk his whole political career for a fling with a prostitute is no more surprising than for Michael Vick to throw away millions to indulge his taste for dog fighting or for Leona Helmsley to avoid paying taxes — not because she couldn’t easily afford to pay taxes and still have more money left than she could ever spend — but because (they) felt above the rules that apply to “the little people.”
    that is why this does not surprise me. it IS disappointing, but it is NOT surprising. at least it is not surprising that he wanted to ride bareback with a hooker. the only thing that was surprising to me was the money laundering aspect of the story. i figure that he would not be dumb enough to do that. but sleeping with hookers was completely in character for him.

Sowell tells it like it is, always enjoyed that guy.

+ Reply to Thread