+ Reply to Thread

Thread: On the hot seat? - Shreveport Times

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

On the hot seat? - Shreveport Times

A new article has been posted on the Shreveport Times:

When the Lady Techsters tip off action today against Nevada in the first round of the WAC Tournament, they could be playing for more than just a chance to advance. Head coach Chris Long's job could be on the line. Although Tech officials are walking deftly around the issue about whether or not Long will return for a fourth season, there appears to be an ever growing sentiment among the devoted faithful that a change needs to be made.

More...

Discuss the article here.
    Last edited by DocMarvin362; 03-12-2008 at 05:28 PM.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Re: On the hot seat? - Shreveport Times

Thank you, Mr Watson, for giving the locals the truth. I commend you on a well researched and well written article.
    ________
    Vaaapp Vaporizer
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

Gene Reed hit the nail on the head. I bet he won't be getting any Christmas cards from Ruston!

I don't care what anyone says, we look like fools for letting KM get away.

RD
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post
    Gene Reed hit the nail on the head. I bet he won't be getting any Christmas cards from Ruston!

I don't care what anyone says, we look like fools for letting KM get away.

RD

No RD, what makes us look like fools is the fact we keep bring this up after 8 years. She has moved on and is now making 2.5 times what our football coach is making. NEWSFLASH, she ain't coming back, please drop it.

Fortunately, she isn't the only WBB coach in the county that can win here (maybe not like we used to win, but win). As has been stated, if KM wanted to be here she would have been. Can we please move on.

TB

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Down Re: On the hot seat? - Shreveport Times

Quote Originally Posted by TBDawg01 View Post
    No RD, what makes us look like fools is the fact we keep bring this up after 8 years. She has moved on and is now making 2.5 times what our football coach is making. NEWSFLASH, she ain't coming back, please drop it.

Fortunately, she isn't the only WBB coach in the county that can win here (maybe not like we used to win, but win). As has been stated, if KM wanted to be here she would have been. Can we please move on.

TB
    Easy, now!! I was asked to state my OPINION on how the program got into it's current state & also what/why I felt CL isn't the man for the job. I NEVER said I though KM would ever come back ( at least as long as DR is in power ) nor would I expect her to. Mr. Watson simply asked me those & a few other questions & I've never been shy about stating my opinion & feelings ( here or anywhere else ) so if yall'd like me to post up my EXACT reply to his questions, just let me know & I'll do so.
    The article was about both CL & the current state of our program. IMHO(PINION), it began to decline somewhat under Leon ( due to other schools getting serious about WBB ) but the QUALITY of the program started suffering under KB. By this I mean that we had the gaudy W-L records & kept our NCAA streak intact but it was against inferior opponents & in a weak conference. Now we have slide so far down that we can't even beat THESE teams & who is the coach who orchestrated this?? I rest my case.

Mean Gene
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 03-13-2008 at 02:41 AM.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Easy, now!! I was asked to state my OPINION on how the program got into it's current state & also what/why I felt CL isn't the man for the job. I NEVER said I though KM would ever come back ( at least as long as DR is in power ) nor would I expect her to. Mr. Watson simply asked me those & a few other questions & I've never been shy about stating my opinion & feelings ( here or anywhere else ) so if yall'd like me to post up my EXACT reply to his questions, just let me know & I'll do so.
    The article was about both CL & the current state of our program. IMHO(PINION), it began to decline somewhat under Leon ( due to other schools getting serious about WBB ) but the QUALITY of the program started suffering under KB. By this I mean that we had the gaudy W-L records & kept our NCAA streak intact but it was against inferior opponents & in a weak conference. Now we have slide so far down that we can't even beat THESE teams & who is the coach who orchestrated this?? I rest my case.

Mean Gene
    That was a very balanced article and MG everything you said was correct in KM not being here. Youth has alot to do with this and so does inexperience but I am going to support whatever decision they make. I just hope they don't do something stupid and go after the fired Alabama coach if they do let him go. If she can't win at Alabama she sure can't come here and win.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

You did good, Gene. What about that Gary Bramlett fellow, though, saying he's in Long's corner. That joker needs to get a clue. What do you think Champ?

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Big Grin Re: On the hot seat? - Shreveport Times

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    You did good, Gene. What about that Gary Bramlett fellow, though, saying he's in Long's corner. That joker needs to get a clue. What do you think Champ?
    I say let's ban him!!! :icon_wink: What a bozo!!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

My words were chosen carefully, but very true. I want nothing more than for Long to be the person to turn this all around. Don't know if he can, but I am going to cheer him on in trying. Maybe yesterday was a sign. I can hope that it was. :icon_wink:

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by TBDawg01 View Post

TB
    Sorry TB, but I dissagree.

1) He was asked about todays state of the Techster program. I don't believe you can talk about that without talking about how we have fallen so far without talking about KM getting away and WHO was responsible.

2) In todays world of $EC athletics, our ONLY hope to stay competitive was to continue the LB legacy. She was the best way to do that. So I believe she might have been the only WBB coach that could win here like we used too. Just my opinion though.

3) I can tell you that when lsu went to ruston and whipped our ass, the lsu guys in my office didn't hesitate to tell me we screwed up letting "whats that coach at Baylor know" get away. So it hasn't been that long ago.

I do agree on one point, she ain't coming back, and you can just about go ahead and put us down as the next Delta State. I rarely post or visit the WBB thread, I just thought it refreshing that someone stated in the paper where our fall from grace started. I will move on as requested.

RD
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

+ Reply to Thread