+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor Bennett?

Varsity Bulldog rtr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her game rtr002's Avatar

Taylor Bennett?

I heard a segment today on Fox and Co. talking about the potential for the GA Tech quarterback transferring to TECH to play his final year of eligibility and attend Grad. School. He is an ACC QB who started for GA TECH last year and is not returning b/c Chan Gailey was fired at GA TECH and the new coach is bringing in a different style of Offense. Has anyone heard anything concrete about this rumor? I think they said he has come in for a visit or is going to come in for a visit.
    How bout them Dawgs!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Taylor Bennett?

He has been in for a visit. I think he's due to graduate in the Spring. He will have one year of eligibility with no requirement to sit out after graduating. As of now, we don't have any new quarterbacks that will participate in the Spring training.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

He's worse than Zac. Much worse. Worse than Reggie Ball worse.

Don't worship this guy.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post

Don't worship this guy.

Wow. Worship is a strong word.

How about interested.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post

Don't worship this guy.

Better than anything we have on the roster or had last year...IMO!! I'll take a guy who started 13 games in the ACC.

But no not worth worshiping.

Puppy Dollar Theater is an unknown

He's not as bad as Reggie Ball, but he's not spectacular either. Completed 49% of his passes last year with more interceptions than touchdowns (7 TD's, 9 INT's). And, let's not fool ourselves, the ACC wasn't exactly a powerhouse of a conference last year.

But if he comes here, I'll certainly cheer for him.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dollar Theater View Post
    He's not as bad as Reggie Ball, but he's not spectacular either. Completed 49% of his passes last year with more interceptions than touchdowns (7 TD's, 9 INT's). And, let's not fool ourselves, the ACC wasn't exactly a powerhouse of a conference last year.

But if he comes here, I'll certainly cheer for him.

Lets also not fool ourselves, the WAC is a little easier than the ACC.

I dont think this guy is the second coming but GTech did play in a bowl last year and he was the starting QB...He would be an upgrade imo a signifigent one on this roster.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Lets also not fool ourselves, the WAC is a little easier than the ACC.

I dont think this guy is the second coming but GTech did play in a bowl last year and he was the starting QB...He would be an upgrade imo a signifigent one on this roster.
    Yes, I understand, but you just made it seem like a starting QB in the ACC is something special. Reggie Ball was a starting QB in the ACC. He may be the worst college QB I've ever seen. And I'm pretty sure that GT team went to a bowl game as well.

It's an interesting development, but I don't think he's good enough to be handed the starting job just because he played in the ACC.

Yes, I understand, but you just made it seem like a starting QB in the ACC is something special. Reggie Ball was a starting QB in the ACC. He may be the worst college QB I've ever seen. And I'm pretty sure that GT team went to a bowl game as well.

It's an interesting development, but I don't think he's good enough to be handed the starting job just because he played in the ACC.

I'd have taken Reggie Ball as the QB at Tech hands down. I watch alot of football( as I'm sure you do) and I have seen alot worse than Reggie Ball...But hey I dont know what the hell I'm talkin about but I get paid to pretend:icon_wink:.

But being a starting qb in the acc isnt the only reason I think he would come in and start but it sure is a big one.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I'd have taken Reggie Ball as the QB at Tech hands down. I watch alot of football( as I'm sure you do) and I have seen alot worse than Reggie Ball...But hey I dont know what the hell I'm talkin about but I get paid to pretend:icon_wink:.
    Yeah, I've seen worse than Ball too....in high school.

It's all good though. I'd just like to see a full-fledged QB battle where one person takes it and runs with it. May be this Bennett guy, may not be. We'll wait and see. Is it football season yet?

Yeah, I've seen worse than Ball too....in high school.

It's all good though. I'd just like to see a full-fledged QB battle where one person takes it and runs with it. May be this Bennett guy, may not be. We'll wait and see. Is it football season yet?

Well I have seen better qbs in high school than ball as well lol. I dont think Bennett is great or an NFL caliber player but from what I have seen he can come in here get us 7 wins and into a bowl.
    Spring football starts Saturday lol.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Brandstater from Fresno State totally outplayed him. I don't know about y'all, but I wasn't too impressed with Brandstater.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Brandstater did pretty well last year I thought. I would have taken him, the UH backup, the NMSU backup, Nevada's backup (Kaepernick), or the Boise backup over what we've had the last couple years.

Against us, he was 8 of 22 for 92 yards with an interception and a touchdown.

That's not very good.

+ Reply to Thread