+ Reply to Thread

Thread: F1 Season has started

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

F1 Season has started

Woohoo!!

The second practice session for the Australian GP is on the speed channel right now!!!! This year should be real fun with no traction control.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: F1 Season has started

No traction control huh? That may make things more interesting and seperate the good driver from the great driver. When the heat is on we will definately see who has better control over their car and emotions.

Will they be able to use it at all it during the start? Or have they banned it all together?

It is about time they put more control in the hands of the driver and less in the hands of the engineer and computer.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Kind of threw me with the title of this thread. F-1 Visa season just started for me recently.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    No traction control huh? That may make things more interesting and seperate the good driver from the great driver. When the heat is on we will definately see who has better control over their car and emotions.

Will they be able to use it at all it during the start? Or have they banned it all together?

It is about time they put more control in the hands of the driver and less in the hands of the engineer and computer.
    Not sure if they have launch control. Every team is using the same ECU built by Microsoft and McLaren. People are definitely locking up the rear tires more often going into the turns. The new ECU also reduces the amount of engine braking the drivers can tap in to. My guess is that we should see a lot more passing this year because it is easier to make an error.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    My guess is that we should see a lot more passing this year because it is easier to make an error.
    I agree and will check it out. Like I said in another thread the only thing they needed was more passing. It was almost as if the price of the car kept them from getting too close to one another. By removing something as big as traction control it puts the focus on the driver and his ability make the connection between the seat of his pants, his foot , his hands and finally his brain.

I use to claim I was a nascar fan but that has run it's course with me for the most part. The season and races are too long, too many cautions and too many green white checker finishes. I don't waste my time anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I agree and will check it out. Like I said in another thread the only thing they needed was more passing. It was almost as if the price of the car kept them from getting too close to one another. By removing something as big as traction control it puts the focus on the driver and his ability make the connection between the seat of his pants, his foot , his hands and finally his brain.

I use to claim I was a nascar fan but that has run it's course with me for the most part. The season and races are too long, too many cautions and too many green white checker finishes. I don't waste my time anymore.
    Well, as you know, F1 races are MUCH shorter and MUCH fewer than Nascar. Although the value of the F1 cars may discourage drivers from being more aggressive with trailing and passing, I think it is the importance of aerodynamics in F1 which really limits the passing. Being too close in a high speed turn sacrifices critical downforce. Last year, passing in F1 really only happened in the following places
    1. Long straightaways where downforce is not critical and a driver can get a tow by trailing the lead car,
    2. The region between the start and the first turn on lap 1, and
    3. When the other car is pitting.

Passing in the brake zones was very limited last year. There were a couple of classic battles last year (especially the Masa v. Alonso episode at the 'ring), but it can only improve. I only wish that they had better microphones at the race to pick up the low frequency sounds of those tiny, high-strung V8 engines.

So Hamilton walked away with the Australian Grand Prix. Fuel pump problems plagued Ferrari. Only 6 of 22 cars completed the race.

Malaysian Grand Prix runs tonight at 2:30 am Eastern on Speed. It is going to be an all-Ferrari front row and an all-McLaren second row.

I did catch a few laps of the replay from down under. There was some pretty good racing going on at times. The prancing horses looked more like nags.

Now they just need a good guy bad guy feud like rasslin' and it could be worth it to stay up all night to watch.

I am watching my DVR recording of the race last night. Apparantly both McLaren car will start 5 cars behind where they qualified for driving slow on the race line during their cool down lap (which impeded a couple other drivers who were on a hot lap).

Robin Miller just mentioned on Wind Tunnel that Tony George is looking for sponsorship to bring the US Grands Prix back for 2009.

I hope someone can do it. I know Bernie Ecclestone would love to capture the US market, but Bernie needs to be treated as royalty or he will take his toys elsewhere. Frankly, I think he would have to run at least two races a year in the US if he ever wants to develop this market.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I've never been a big fan of car racing, but this F1 crowd sounds wild and crazy...

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/7971044?MSNHPHMA

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I've never been a big fan of car racing, but this F1 crowd sounds wild and crazy...

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/7971044?MSNHPHMA
    The FIA governs most racing not just F1. F1 is just the most significant racing league in the world.

Solid race for Ferrari this past weekend in Barcelona - they finished first and second. Kimi now has a 9 point lead in the driver's championship. Ferrari has a 12 point lead in the constructor's championship.

+ Reply to Thread