+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I never thought our state funding was this bad

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

I never thought our state funding was this bad

I knew we would be far behind LSU, but Tech is SEVENTH, behind ULL, UNO, ULM, Southern, and SOUTHEASTERN!

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...WS04/803140325

We need a lobbyist...

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Re: I never thought our state funding was this bad

This whole HBCU issue is a crock. If Grambling is pissed off about funding, their first question should be why Southern gets so much more than they do by almost a factor of 2.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    I knew we would be far behind LSU, but Tech is SEVENTH, behind ULL, UNO, ULM, Southern, and SOUTHEASTERN!

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...WS04/803140325

We need a lobbyist...
    And people would have you believe Reneau is well connected politically,

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Here's a better use of that data;

$-Students-$/students
    LSUA $8.6-1011-$8,506.43
    Southern NO $15.1-2314-$6,525.50
    ulm $52.3-8140-$6,425.06
    lsu $204.8-33,587-$6,097.60
    Grambling $29.2-5039-$5,794.80
    uno $65.1-11747-$5,541.84
    southern $55.8-10364-$5,384.02
    Bottom Half
    Tech $47.9-11710-$4,090.52
    Nicholls $30.1-7492-$4,017.62
    McNeese $32.2-8095-$3,977.76
    ull $67.7-17075-$3,964.86
    Northwest $34.5-9040-$3,816.37
    LSUS $14.7-4200-$3,500.00
    southeast $51.4-15880-$3,236.78

Excluding lsua, there the differences between each level in the top 6 are not huge; 100.44, 327.46, 302.80, 252.96, 157.82 total difference of 1141.48; then the difference between 6 & 7 (southern & tech) 1293.50! Then everything runs pretty close again (853.75 total difference between bottom 7). So there are have's and have nots when you look at it this way
    Last edited by GermDawg; 03-14-2008 at 12:10 PM.

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

many of those schools need to shut down/become JUCOs. why in the world would Louisiana have more 4 year colleges than Florida when florida has a MUCH larger population?

make some of those 4 year schools into 2 year JUCOs. once you finish there you can transfer to a 4 year school.

if I could make a do-over I would have LSU be the southern flagship, and Tech be the northern flagship. have 1 school in Shreveport area, 1 in Alexandria, 1 in New Orleans, and 1 in Lafayette. the other schools can be JUCO's. I would make the LSU-S med school be part of Tech. I am fine with Grambling and Southern in addition to the other schools.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Part of the factor is the number of students at schools. But don't forget that the schools that have mismanaged their money and were in danger of losing their accreditations were the ones that the legislature rewarded.

Meanwhile Tech who has had a clean and commendable audit does not need more funding because they handle their money just fine. This is the SHAFT that we get.

The problem in this world is that YOU are penalized for being better than everyone else.
    Last edited by garddawg; 03-14-2008 at 03:24 PM.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    Part of the factor is the number of students at schools. But don't forget that the schools that have mismanaged their money and were in danger of losing their accreditations were the ones that the legislature rewarded.

Meanwhile Tech who has had a clean and commendable audit does not need more funding because they handle their money just fine. This is the SHAFT that we get.

The problem in this world is that YOU are penalized for being better than everyone else.
    That's right. We do same thing with secondary ed, the poor-performing parishes get more for doing less...it's the Louisiana way!

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

We need a lobbyist...
    We had one that had experience many years ago, then we made him AD

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

To remind people of another example, remember that Tech had a highly respected 4 year Nursing program that was getting rave reviews from the medical community. Grambling and NLU were not happy about that and had our program reduced to a 2 year associates. By the way, did you notice the story this past year that our Nursing program was HIGHLY recognized for excellence. Gee, wouldn't it be nice to expand on a program of excellence?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    To remind people of another example, remember that Tech had a highly respected 4 year Nursing program that was getting rave reviews from the medical community. Grambling and NLU were not happy about that and had our program reduced to a 2 year associates. By the way, did you notice the story this past year that our Nursing program was HIGHLY recognized for excellence. Gee, wouldn't it be nice to expand on a program of excellence?
    this goes back to the moving to oregon idea.....

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    this goes back to the moving to oregon idea.....
    Keep Tech where it is. Ruston just needs to form its own state, called Rustonia.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Keep Tech where it is. Ruston just needs to form its own state, called Rustonia.
    If you go with Rustoleum, you could probably garner a corporate sponsor!

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

And GermDawg's count of 14 4 year schools doesn't include Tulane, La College, Centenary.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Ooops, left out LSUA!! And Dillard!!!

+ Reply to Thread