+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ok State

Puppy lafan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timelafan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timelafan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timelafan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timelafan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timelafan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timelafan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timelafan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timelafan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timelafan Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Ok State

Anybody heard how OK State is doing??? I know they were 0-16 in conference play two years ago. Just wondering if Bunke had had any luck in turning them around after "ruining the Lady Techster program".

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Ok State

Quote Originally Posted by lafan View Post
    Anybody heard how OK State is doing??? I know they were 0-16 in conference play two years ago. Just wondering if Bunke had had any luck in turning them around after "ruining the Lady Techster program".
    They haven't won a game all year, and the story is that Budke is rumored to be having illicit sexual encounters with his players-usually multiple players at the same time, and this has caused alot of in-fighting. There is a full scale investigation, and his job might be on the line as well as criminal charges as one of his players that he allegedly had a tryst with hadn't yet turned 18.

Varsity Bulldog cranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    They haven't won a game all year, and the story is that Budke is rumored to be having illicit sexual encounters with his players-usually multiple players at the same time, and this has caused alot of in-fighting. There is a full scale investigation, and his job might be on the line as well as criminal charges as one of his players that he allegedly had a tryst with hadn't yet turned 18.
    Not funny!! Congratulations, Coach Budke, regardless of what some people say on this board.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was hilarious.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranberry View Post
    Not funny!! Congratulations, Coach Budke, regardless of what some people say on this board.
    Personally, I have nothing against Budke and wouldn't be bothered one bit if he wins it all. More power to him. The fact is that the poster knows how OK. State is doing and only posted to start crap and be an asshole. If he wants crap, then that's what he'll get. If you and said poster don't like it, then you can shove it where the crap comes out.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Big Grin Re: Ok State

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    And didn't he have something going on w/his MALE assistants??!! :icon_wink:
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 03-15-2008 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Add Comment

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by lafan View Post
    Appears he has. Makes you wonder why he did such a lousy job in Ruston.

The fact that Long has been worse does not change the fact that the Techsters got worse every year Budke was here.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

You guys can berate Kurt Budke all you want, but it isn't a reflection on him. However it is a reflection on your character. You cannot enhance the current state of the Lady Techsters by disparaging another coach or team. Budke did what Kim Mulkey probably never would have done. He achieved a degree of success with the Techsters, obtained a higher paying opportunity and took it. Who can fault him for pursuing success in the form of higher compensation. Mulkey would have probably achieved more success with the Techsters than Budke did and would have stayed at Tech as long or longer than Barmore did.

The villian in the tragedyof the fall of the Techsters from the elite ranks of women's college basketball has always been and remains Dr. Dan Reneau. So far he has not been held accountable for his gross error. The local media must think that he is made out of teflon.

IMHO he has made another gross error by naming Derek Dooley AD and head football coach. A conflict has already arisen. Dooley can't attend the WAC basketball tournament because spring football practice is underway. This is only one of many to come. We have been lead to believe that both positions were full-time jobs. If so, then one person can't do both well. There will have to be serious compromises. A program that is struggling in almost every critical area that good programs are measured by can ill afford compromises. I hope that Dooley proves me wrong in my opinion. I am not from Missouri, but he is going to have to show me. Time will tell, but struggling programs never seem to have enough time.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Angry Re: Ok State

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Appears he has. Makes you wonder why he did such a lousy job in Ruston.

The fact that Long has been worse does not change the fact that the Techsters got worse every year Budke was here.
    TECHNICALLY U're correct about getting "worse" every year that KB was here. Damn sorry coach he was to go from inheriting a team that went 25-5 ( in Leon's final season ) then lost 5 seniors + 3 starters but managed to go 31-3 then 29-3 & finally 20-10. Sure am glad he moved on so that we could get a "real" coach to guide us to such a gaudy record of 16-15. Man, if that's your idea of doing a "lousy job" then PLEASE describe what U consider Long's performance to be!!??

Am I a Budke fan? Only to the point that I wish ALL people w/ties to Tech well in their endeavors. I'm just DAMN tired of everyone here saying that "poor CL inherited a bare cupboard from evil KB!!" KB's been gone 3 seasons & orchestrated a wonderful turnaround @ OSU ( w/improvements every year ). We all know what KM has done @ Baylor & there are many others ( Nell Fortner; Mickey Demoss; etc ) who learned extremely well from the master ( LB ). Long AIN'T one of them!!!

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    TECHNICALLY U're correct about getting "worse" every year that KB was here. Damn sorry coach he was to go from inheriting a team that went 25-5 ( in Leon's final season ) then lost 5 seniors + 3 starters but managed to go 31-3 then 29-3 & finally 20-10. Sure am glad he moved on so that we could get a "real" coach to guide us to such a gaudy record of 16-15. Man, if that's your idea of doing a "lousy job" then PLEASE describe what U consider Long's performance to be!!??
    I really didn't write much, you might could have actually read all of it.

Budke was better than Long. Does that make you happy? It's pretty faint praise, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    You guys can berate Kurt Budke all you want, but it isn't a reflection on him. However it is a reflection on your character. You cannot enhance the current state of the Lady Techsters by disparaging another coach or team. Budke did what Kim Mulkey probably never would have done. He achieved a degree of success with the Techsters, obtained a higher paying opportunity and took it. Who can fault him for pursuing success in the form of higher compensation. Mulkey would have probably achieved more success with the Techsters than Budke did and would have stayed at Tech as long or longer than Barmore did.

The villian in the tragedyof the fall of the Techsters from the elite ranks of women's college basketball has always been and remains Dr. Dan Reneau. So far he has not been held accountable for his gross error. The local media must think that he is made out of teflon.

IMHO he has made another gross error by naming Derek Dooley AD and head football coach. A conflict has already arisen. Dooley can't attend the WAC basketball tournament because spring football practice is underway. This is only one of many to come. We have been lead to believe that both positions were full-time jobs. If so, then one person can't do both well. There will have to be serious compromises. A program that is struggling in almost every critical area that good programs are measured by can ill afford compromises. I hope that Dooley proves me wrong in my opinion. I am not from Missouri, but he is going to have to show me. Time will tell, but struggling programs never seem to have enough time.
    I'm not berating Budke, and in fact, have supported him a couple of times on here. I, actually, pulled for his OK. State team when I watched them. I gave a nonsensical, smartassed answer to a nonsensical, smartassed question. That was my only intent. As far as the rest of your post about the AD, I agree. And as far as holding DR accountable, the only ones who can really do that, don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    I really didn't write much, you might could have actually read all of it.

Budke was better than Long. Does that make you happy? It's pretty faint praise, imo.
    But praise nonetheless ( something CL doesn't deserve!! ).

+ Reply to Thread