+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Louisiana.........

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

University of Louisiana.........

I recently heard on Fox and Co. about that excuse of a school in Lafayette has somehow gotten the notion that they are the University of Louisiana??????

This is the most childish and bush league thing I have ever heard of. If that was my university I would be incredibly embarrassed. This kind of reminds me of the kid on the playground who claims to be the toughest, but doesn't want to fight anybody........

I don't know how to do it........but somebody needs to give them a reality check. It is almost hard to get mad because of how ridiculous this is. It is my understanding that all of their merchandise says University of Louisiana, even their b-ball court!!!!!!!!!

The thing that I don't understand is how are they getting away with it........I always knew ULL was a joke, but I had no idea it had gone this far.

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

Re: University of Louisiana.........

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    I recently heard on Fox and Co. about that excuse of a school in Lafayette has somehow gotten the notion that they are the University of Louisiana??????

This is the most childish and bush league thing I have ever heard of. If that was my university I would be incredibly embarrassed. This kind of reminds me of the kid on the playground who claims to be the toughest, but doesn't want to fight anybody........

I don't know how to do it........but somebody needs to give them a reality check. It is almost hard to get mad because of how ridiculous this is. It is my understanding that all of their merchandise says University of Louisiana, even their b-ball court!!!!!!!!!

The thing that I don't understand is how are they getting away with it........I always knew ULL was a joke, but I had no idea it had gone this far.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50619

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post

I watched ULL in a softball tournament recently in Georgia and the announcers kept calling them the University of Louisiana. I thought it was odd myself, and I asked someone about it. They said they that was what they were were told to call them.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Next thing you know, they will adopt the following football uniforms:

Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Next thing you know, they will adopt the following football uniforms:

Actually that SCLSU. UL is the team that got beat by them.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Actually that SCLSU. UL is the team that got beat by them.
    You are right. It has been a while since I have seen the move. Got a pic of UL's unis?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

They have been making that claim since they became ull.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

I don't care as much about what they call themselves as long as they stay out of the "Flagship" talk of the UL system.

Here in Atlanta, when people ask where I went to school and I tell them Louisiana Tech well then that is pretty easy (though sometimes they do not know exactly where it is). But if our competition is or for some other reason I mention ULL then I always have to explain - where it is, sometimes I mention the old USL etc. People do not recognize them and the fact that there is always an explanation is somewhat humorous to other people.

I still think they would have gotten further with Univ. of Southern Louisiana (USL).

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I just want us to be this aggressive and together when our new marketing/branding/Bulldog Art is released.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

On their board I asked why they were so sensitive about the name and why they couldn't just be proud of what the name is. I was told that when the name change thing with ulm happened they went with university of LA but some lsu folks took them to court or legislature claiming it infringed on their flagship status and they were forced by the courts or legislature to add Lafayette. Thus the sensitivity and hatred of anything lsu.

Don't kid yourself for on second. They do seek to be known as the flagship of the U of LA system.

As for being called something other than their official name. They use ole miss as an example of a school being known as something other than its official name.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    On their board I asked why they were so sensitive about the name and why they couldn't just be proud of what the name is. I was told that when the name change thing with ulm happened they went with university of LA but some lsu folks took them to court or legislature claiming it infringed on their flagship status and they were forced by the courts or legislature to add Lafayette. Thus the sensitivity and hatred of anything lsu.

Don't kid yourself for on second. They do seek to be known as the flagship of the U of LA system.

As for being called something other than their official name. They use ole miss as an example of a school being known as something other than its official name.
    Way back they changed their name to University of Louisiana. They even printed it on their diplomas. That was when the Legislature stepped in with the lsu flagship stuff. They forced them to go back to USL. USL then tried a different route by getting NLU to agree to the change as well. They, actually, tried to get Tech and Northwestern to change, as well. Both said no. NLU bit, though, and with the two of them together, the Legislature said ok. Of course, ULL had in mind to use the "UL" name all along. ULM were stooges and fell for it.

You know....... I could care less what ULL calls themselves. I agree with Dawgpix in that I hope we are as together and aggressive when it comes to trying to get our name/slogan out there in front of people. I, actually, thought ULL did an awesome job getting one over on ULM. The idiots in Monroe still don't completely understand what happened.

Varsity Bulldog dmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the rough

Pretty sure only North LA people get offended by them calling themselves the University of Louisiana. Ask anyone south of Alexandria what school is in Lafayette and they will tell you UL not ULL.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dmcguirt23 View Post
    Pretty sure only North LA people get offended by them calling themselves the University of Louisiana. Ask anyone south of Alexandria what school is in Lafayette and they will tell you UL not ULL.
    Actually it's limited to the "Cajun" parishes especially in Lafayette parish.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I always thought if they wanted to go by Univ. of Louisiana (Which I don't care what they do, they'll always be USL to me) they should have gotten Grambling to go along. The University of Louisiana at Grambling could still go by Grambling and ULL could go by whatever they wanted.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dmcguirt23 View Post
    So you're saying the people south of Alexandria are not smart enough to know that there is a real school called UL in Louisville? The rest of the country should ban together and every time they say or write "UL", "Go Cardinals!" should follow.

+ Reply to Thread