+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Change?

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Coaching Change?

If the Techsters dont make it to the Big Dance, is this the last of Chris Long?

BleedTechBlue Barkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really nice Barkman's Avatar

Re: Coaching Change?

No

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

Blah, I'm so apathetic.
    I wish I cared more these days.
    That I don't get angry anymore tells me a lot.

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    If the Techsters dont make it to the Big Dance, is this the last of Chris Long?
    It damn well should be.

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

70-49 Fresno

I wish I still cared about the Techsters like I used to.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Just let me know when he is terminated. Send him back to HS coaching. He can't motivate, teach or recruit.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

I would be very surprised if they bought him out, they would have to pay him $100,000 I think for him to leave now. The only way that would happen would be if Leon stepped in and wanted to come back, otherwise he will be here through next season. I have a feeling that next season if he doesn't win 20+ games that it will be his last season with us. Then again they might not do anything. We will all find out in time.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

oh they will give him one more year. Unfortunately the damage might be irreversable by then. This Fresno loss was just plain disturbing. This team is not improving dispite what some on here think. We werent even in the same league with a mediocre team tonight.

I don't give a $hit how much it costs to buy him out. It's that same nickel and dime mentality that got us stuck with him in the first place.

Long's record by year. Anyone see a trend?

2005-06: 26-5
    2006-07: 17-13
    2007-08: 16-15

If he is so smart and a good coach and knew we would have to wean off the JUCO players, why not do it gradually instead of going cold turkey and doing this to our program?

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

I am sure that if you want to donate the money to buy out his contract that they would be more than happy to talk to you but unless you are going to offer to do that then we will have to let the people that make those decisions make them and sit by and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    I am sure that if you want to donate the money to buy out his contract that they would be more than happy to talk to you but unless you are going to offer to do that then we will have to let the people that make those decisions make them and sit by and see what happens.
    Uhhhh...you mean the same ones who made the decision to hire him after the "nationwide search" for a new coach. Yeah, I'm sure their decisions will be MUCH better this time. Actually, maybe they will. Looks like Dooley might have to make some tough decisions as the new A.D. pretty quickly.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Lets keep in mind that the reason this team has won five of the last seven is because it was against the worst half of the WAC and we still couldnt beat Hawaii. With no real post presence, inconsistent guards are going to be hit or miss and boy were we miss tonight. It's ok though because Long has improved our post play next year by bringing in three more vibrant GUARDS. Dispite what some on here say, this team has not improved.

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

well you all seem to forget (not making excuses for anybody) that whitney jones was lost to injury; would she have made a difference? who knows; but she looked pretty good in the few games i saw her play.

Most coaches are smart enough to know that you need backup players at every position. Unless we have a guard get injured (or 8 guards), that logic doesn't apply to us. Whitney's loss did hurt, but we should NEVER be that dependent on one player. That is the coach's fault.

whitney Jones got hurt in the fourth game of the season. I expected us to be somewhat bad for a little while after that but damn, its the end of the season and of all these guards, no one has consistently stepped up. I didnt think we would win the WAC but we dont even look competitive after an entire year under our belt. This is not the SEC we play in. Jeez. Boise and Fresno are good but they are not world beaters. They have young people on their teams stepping up. Long is not the man to coach this team.

+ Reply to Thread